Vanessa's Tranny AMA Blog Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what is worse, people wanting to "cure" black people, or posters not knowing Cyclop's name, and that some mutants such as nightcrawler, hope summers and others are born with their powers manifested.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I don't know what is worse, people wanting to "cure" black people, or posters not knowing Cyclop's name, and that some mutants such as nightcrawler, hope summers and others are born with their powers manifested.

That's a tough one Lend. What if Hope Summers wanted to cure blacks with her powers she was born with? Can you deny her natural state, do blacks need to be cured? So many options buddy, better go back to CUBA and contemplate.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yes, curing delusions is what psychologists are supposed to do. Same with bipolar, schizophrenia, aspergers. and tourettes. Since the other two aren't mental disorders they aren't part of the discussion. I'm not saying you are bad or anything, just delusional, because you were born XY even though you think you are a woman. That's no different than any of the wide array of other delusions people have, some need treatment, and some don't. It's a question of whether you can function in society or not. The doctors who performed the surgeries and prescribed the estrogen are the only folks who did anything ethically questionable here.
I get the feeling you have no idea what the role of a psychologist is.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You can't cure schizophrenia or Bipolar disorder. If someone with schizophrenia stops taking their medication, they eventually end up in the hospital. There is a strong genetic link with developing schizophrenia (if one of your parents has it, your chances of developing it are about 50% vs 1% in the general population). There is also a strong psychological and social component as well (abuse, chaos in your upbringing, drug use). Usually, it's a mix of all these factors in the history of my patients with schizophrenia.
Also, think about how many people you know in your life with schizophrenia; 1% of the population has it, but I only kind of knew of one person with schizophrenia before I started working in psychiatry. It's because all the people with schizophrenia in my home town are poor, living in the bad part of town or trailer parks.

I imagine there is a similar mix of biological, psychological and social factors contributing to a person becoming trans.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yes, curing delusions is what psychologists are supposed to do. Same with bipolar, schizophrenia, aspergers. and tourettes. Since the other two aren't mental disorders they aren't part of the discussion. I'm not saying you are bad or anything, just delusional, because you were born XY even though you think you are a woman. That's no different than any of the wide array of other delusions people have, some need treatment, and some don't. It's a question of whether you can function in society or not. The doctors who performed the surgeries and prescribed the estrogen are the only folks who did anything ethically questionable here.

At this point, the thread is getting lengthy so I'll forgive you for not being abreast on the whole bloated thing; would just like to repeat what I've said earlier: I was born XY but I don't think I'm a woman... I'm a tranny lol, I realize this. IMO I'm not delusional,; I feel very grounded, but y'know... opinions are free to have. "But you're getting surgeries! Taking pills!" Yeah, the vast majority of old people do that too. Every surgery I've had has improved my life; ever pill I've taken has improved my life. My story is a bit weird, true, and it wasn't an easy road, but through all this, I came out much happier, much more grounded and "even" feeling (best way to describe it), and... I'll say it... better-looking too :p If all that is tantamount to being crazy/delusional, sign me up for another shake.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vanessa Vanessa You have been, by far, our most sane tranny. You seem more well grounded than a good portion of our non-tranny members.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No - I don't have an exact legislative approach planned out, on account of this being a debate on a gaming forum about a fictional comic book series, but off the top of my head, you'd want to start by locating mutants by any means possible, then registering them, ranking them based on their abilities and the potential danger of said abilities, and going from there.

Actually, it's a debate on a gaming forum about curing trannies if they are mutants.

Which part exactly? Because something has to be pretty damn horrific to be worse than the total collapse of civilization and the devolution of humanity into a series of warring states ruled by superpowered dictators, which is absolutely what would happen if the situation wasn't controlled somehow. Not to mention all the other horrible implications of things like teleportation, mind reading, mind control, time control, etc.

The part where you are willing to harass, imprison and kill people because they are born different and scare you. You may not be willing to admit it, but that is the only way you would stop x men type mutants from ever doing any harm.

• 1Hodjing

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Actually, it's a debate on a gaming forum about curing trannies if they are mutants.

No, it really isn't.

Come on dude, stop trying to layer shit over the conversation to make it about something it isn't. First you went on with gun control, and when I didn't bite you jumped to transexuality - I'm honestly just geeking out and talking shit about what would actually happen if people were born with superpowers, and why the situation is in no way equatable with any current social conflict or political controversy.

I'm not trying to use x-men as a metaphor, I'm arguing that it's an inherently terrible metaphor because it's totally unrelatable to any real world scenario.

because they are born different and scare you.

Yes, the idea of a tiny, randomly selected portion of the populace suddenly being born with the inherent destructive ability of a rocket launcher - or worse, or with other similarly dangerous but less overtly destructive abilities - would be terrifying. If you don't think so, you're a fucking moron. It's not about them being "different," it's about the massive and arbitrary power differential.

Ok, let me put this in language you might understand. Imagine if, at birth, every child was given an 0.1% chance of being handed a random weapon. This weapon could be anything from a knife to a nuke. They have to carry this weapon on them at all times for the entirety of their life, and it can never break down and never run out of ammo, if applicable.

The other 99.9% of children get nothing, and have to go around the world unarmed for the entirety of their life. They have no means of defending themselves against the armed children except with their bodies.

How do you think that would play out for society? Seriously, stop and consider it a moment and tell me what you honestly think the consequences of that situation would be on human civilization.

You may not be willing to admit it, but that is the only way you would stop x men type mutants from ever doing any harm.

Maybe, maybe not. We can never know because that situation will never occur. But what we do know is that to respond by doing absolutely nothing in that situation would be fucking retarded.

Last edited:

Azrayne

Shit, didn't mean to double up - mods feel free to merge.

I'm really warming up to you [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]:p[/bcolor]

Okay, so: edify me if need be because I thought schizophrenia and tourette's were mental disorders. Diseases? Please give me a Biology 101 on this... on the difference. I'm sorry if my ignorance caused confusion.

I agree with you, that a large portion of LGBT people would take advantage of a cure. I too saw X3 (shit movie, great plot/narrative). In layman's terms, there'd be waaay more Rogues wanting a life of normalcy than Storms that embrace their difference I think. We definitely agree on this.

I don't really read much, and no, I'm not proud of that fact. I skimmed and it seems it was a young teen thinking she was a boy but ending up throwing that all away to live a cis-gendered life of normalcy. Most certainly, yes, I feel there are disingenuous trannies out there. Keep in mind this is a hotbutton topic with the trans community, and I cannot lie and say I do not feel a slight tinge of guilt admitting there are very likely a large population of poseurs out there.

The largest and most controversial grouping of this is "primary" transsexuals and "secondary" transsexuals. Right out of the gate, as the designations suggest, primaries can feel they are the true transsexual definition and can look down on secondaries. The breakdown of the general classifications are:

Primaries: Transition young, look more classically "beautiful", identify as gay to start
Secondaries: Transition later in life, look more masculine, identify as straight to start

The doctor or psychologist that kinda lumped trannies into these two categories found that primaries are gay men who transition to fit in better, while secondaries practiced autogynephilia (sp?).

By majority of symptoms, I'm a secondary... so hay guys, I'm a fake tranny! Show's over; thread is done. /drops mic

Well I barely scraped my way through Biology 101, but google says:

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

I think an important distinction which most people hold to is that for something to qualify as a disease, it has to impair functionality or happiness in some way, otherwise you could pathologize a ton of shit that doesn't need it.

Anyway I find it interesting that even a fairly sane and sensible tranny like yourself admits that you feel guilty for calling poseurs out - it makes me wonder to what degree the wider "trans community" is in denial about, or unwilling to discuss, the issue. Like someone else said, I would have thought that the "real" trans people would want the poseurs to fuck off, but I guess that messes with the whole "just be yourself"/"born this way"/etc narrative?

I mean it must be especially annoying with all the "non-binary"/"genderqueer" kids, because I'm pretty sure most of them are just lesbians jumping on an ideological bandwagon and trying to fit in without having to bite the bullet and get surgery. And whatever, that's fine, there have been weird subcultures among kids for ages, but you don't have goths equating themselves with people who suffer from porphyrria, or running around insisting that society provide sun-light free zones in all public spaces or provide blood beverages on every menu or whatever.

uDLaHAX.jpg

If I was you, that kind of shit would make my blood boil.

Counselling? Maybe. You know that in most cases, a therapist, social worker, psychologist, etc. are an important stepping stone toward transition... there's informed consent but that's the minority of cases I believe. I think it's clear we're still ALL very new to this and there's a lot of learning on all sides toward viable treatment. Some of us can only find comfort in transition. Some can very likely be shown they're not really trans at all through the right therapy. Certainly, there were some posts by trannies on message boards where their pity, what they said, their lackadaisical approach to their looks and such totally tipped off this feeling in me like... you're filling a void... this is not your true self / identity. I really do hate to admit it but Jerle was a fit-the-bill example. That's my opinion anyway... I could be wrong.

I think that bolded part is important, yeah. That's why I'm so passionate about free speech and not letting ideology drown out social discourse and scientific inquiry - because it's only by discussing and exploring these issues that we can come to understand them, and through understanding best help the people who are suffering because of them. But if a group digs it's heels in, insists on a predetermined narrative and shuts down any attempts to question that narrative, then they're standing in the way of that and just causing more harm. Ironically I think that, big picture and long term, the "trans advocates" are probably just as harmful to people in the trans community (whatever you want to consider that) as the actual bigots are.

As for counselling, I don't really know shit about this side of it but I've heard that a lot of places they don't do a lot more than just rubber stamp the process to give it a sheen of legitimacy, especially at these "gender clinics".

What was your experience with counselling? Did you actually go deep and explore the situation, why you feel the way you do, what options there are for dealing with it, how to process and move forward, etc? Or was it just a couple sessions and "yup, you're a tranny, pass GO and collect your titties"?

So, should X-Men be tracked by the government? TRACKED AND FORCED TO BECOME FAGGOT RAPE PIRATES IN MADAGASCARIAN SEAS, BELIEVE IT.

Lolled. Telekinetic butt pirates inc.

(ps. sorry for hodjing up your thread with this x-men crap, sometimes I can't help myself)

Vanessa Vanessa You have been, by far, our most sane tranny. You seem more well grounded than a good portion of our non-tranny members.

Please consider changing your profile picture - every time I scroll down a thread and see that shit my stomach clenches up a little. It's fucking terrifying, like a giant hairy spider, or one of those old creepy pics of people with weird holes in their elbows or something.
[bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)][/bcolor]

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Ok, let me put this in language you might understand. Imagine if, at birth, every child was given an 0.1% chance of being handed a random weapon. This weapon could be anything from a knife to a nuke. They have to carry this weapon on them at all times for the entirety of their life, and it can never break down and never run out of ammo, if applicable.

welp ...

jim-carrey-fapping.jpg

In my dreams tonight, I'll be born with a tommy gun.

First you went on with gun control, and when I didn't bite

No I didn't. I asked 1 question and said I didn't want to turn it into a gun control debate. I was just curious for a yes or no.

The rest of what you said is pathetic and delusional.

You literally say you're OK with discriminating against people based on how they were born, not based on how they act, and you see no problem with it. You're not a very principled person.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

No I didn't. I asked 1 question and said I didn't want to turn it into a gun control debate. I was just curious for a yes or no.

You brought it up repeatedly even after I said I thought it was an invalid and irrelevant comparison, and even suggested moving the discussion to the gun control thread (granted, it doesn't belong in this one).

You literally say you're OK with discriminating against people based on how they were born, not based on how they act, and you see no problem with it. You're not a very principled person.

[bcolor=rgb(18, 8, 0)]Firstly, we're talking about an extreme and hypothetical situation, which has been my point the whole way through. None of this can be equated to anything that is real, despite your repeated attempts to insinuate some kind of bigotry on my part (which, btw, go fuck yourself).[/bcolor]

Anyway whatever - this was a stupid debate to begin with, but you're obviously so blinded by your politics that you can't discuss hypotheticals without it spilling over, and you refuse to be honest about, or even consider, the implications of certain scenarios, so this is pretty much the definition of a waste of time.

Back to chicks with dicks!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Please consider changing your profile picture - every time I scroll down a thread and see that shit my stomach clenches up a little. It's fucking terrifying, like a giant hairy spider, or one of those old creepy pics of people with weird holes in their elbows or something.
[bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)][/bcolor]
I have considered it and it is my belief that while this avatar may make many uncomfortable, when we look back many years from now, it will be the thing that unites us all as a community. In short, removing this avatar would be a disservice to you and everyone else on this forum.

• 1Triggered

Azrayne

Well I guess you're the one who has to spend the most time looking at it - but goddamn talk about masochism.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
At this point, the thread is getting lengthy so I'll forgive you for not being abreast on the whole bloated thing; would just like to repeat what I've said earlier: I was born XY but I don't think I'm a woman... I'm a tranny lol, I realize this. IMO I'm not delusional,; I feel very grounded, but y'know... opinions are free to have. "But you're getting surgeries! Taking pills!" Yeah, the vast majority of old people do that too. Every surgery I've had has improved my life; ever pill I've taken has improved my life. My story is a bit weird, true, and it wasn't an easy road, but through all this, I came out much happier, much more grounded and "even" feeling (best way to describe it), and... I'll say it... better-looking too :p If all that is tantamount to being crazy/delusional, sign me up for another shake.

Honestly, I'm glad for you. The delusional thing is just a clinical diagnosis, not a judgement of good/bad or anything else. It's no different from the people who want to chop off a functional limb, or feel they are a lizard/cat/whatever and get the body mods to go with it.

• 1Picard

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You brought it up repeatedly even after I said I thought it was an invalid and irrelevant comparison, and even suggested moving the discussion to the gun control thread (granted, it doesn't belong in this one).

Your sentence is a little unclear. It was ME who suggested moving it once I realized you were incapable of giving a simple answer on the subject.

Firstly, we're talking about an extreme and hypothetical situation,

That's exactly what an unprincipled person would say to justify being on the wrong side of history. This discussion has shown us that you have a line at which you are fine with discriminating against people. It hasn't defined the line, but it has shown unequivocally that there is a line. I'm not even interested in finding where your cliff is because you will hem and haw and stop giving straight answers before we actually get there.

Joke related:

A guy steps up to a woman in a bar and asks if she'll have sex with him for a million dollars. She thinks about it for a minute and says yes, so he sits down and buys her a drink. Then he asks if she'd do it for a half million, cold hard cash. She says sure. Then he asks how about $100k. She thinks a moment, and says yes. Then he asks what about $1000. She thinks to herself, 'What the hell, I mean he's cute and I came out to get laid tonight anyway', so she says sure. Then he asks if she'd do it for $100, and she goes "Hey what kinda girl do you think I am?". He responds with "We've already established what kinda girl you are, now we're just negotiating the price"

Back to chicks with dicks!

Tedtherearenochickswithdicks.jpg

Azrayne

Your sentence is a little unclear. It was ME who suggested moving it once I realized you were incapable of giving a simple answer on the subject.

That's what I meant - and I'm not incapable of giving an answer vis a vis gun control, I just can't be fucked doing it, because it's not relevant to the discussion at hand except in your imagination and would only drag things further off course.

If you had been capable of fielding a rational argument as to why it is relevant, then I would have been willing to go down that road. Now you've shown that you're not willing or able to debate in good faith, so I'm not bothered either way,

That's exactly what an unprincipled person would say to justify being on the wrong side of history. This discussion has shown us that you have a line at which you are fine with discriminating against people. It hasn't defined the line, but it has shown unequivocally that there is a line. I'm not even interested in finding where your cliff is because you will hem and haw and stop giving straight answers before we actually get there.

I've been telling you exactly where my "cliff" is this entire time: it's the point at which a small and random percentage of the population begin to be born with superpowers which would allow them to wreak havoc on civilization comparable only to nuclear war in terms of the damage it would inflict on the planet and on human civilization.

At that point, I would absolutely and without a doubt support a program to register and track these individuals (as would any sane person) - anything further is impossible to comment on because it's too hypothetical, we simply don't know what would actually happen to society over time after these individuals emerged.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So,... about right now then bros looks like a great time to respond to @Cad regarding the legacy of the Wachowski sisters, and whether or not I can bring any hard evidence that they tendered a certain script prior to writing The Matricks?

... Better get the Windex first

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

Thanks; I honestly try to be rational, non-biased, open to different views, and generally just nice to my fellow people... I fail a lot on all fronts.

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

I think an important distinction which most people hold to is that for something to qualify as a disease, it has to impair functionality or happiness in some way, otherwise you could pathologize a ton of shit that doesn't need it.

I still am lost... that definition sounds like a mental disorder to me; I still can't differentiate between a disease and mental disorder. I assumed diseases were like... viruses, bacteria, pathogens or whatever. :confused::confused::confused:

Anyway I find it interesting that even a fairly sane and sensible tranny like yourself admits that you feel guilty for calling poseurs out - it makes me wonder to what degree the wider "trans community" is in denial about, or unwilling to discuss, the issue. Like someone else said, I would have thought that the "real" trans people would want the poseurs to fuck off, but I guess that messes with the whole "just be yourself"/"born this way"/etc narrative?

I feel guilty calling other SJW trannies poseurs because it's awfully hypocritical of me to doubt my own sisters legitimacy when I'm likewise facing the exact same level of scrutiny and incredulity from cis-gender people who say the same thing to me. It's like:

Me to poseur: You seem to not really be trans. Maybe you're just a bit deluded.
World to me: You seem to not really be sane. Maybe you're just a bit deluded.

...regardless, I DO still feel a good chunk of the tumblr trannies are just full of shit.

Some people feel you're not really trans if you haven't suffered. Some people feel you're not really trans if you transition slowly, instead of having an overnight conversion. There's a multitude of fake, non-legitimate standards that could be deemed a metaphorical bar as to what constitutes a legitimate transsexual and what doesn't. I can't help but feel that a lot of those standards may very well be self-serving as well. In other words; activists may say the purest trannies are they themselves; if you don't try to make a social/political change for future generations, you're not truly transgender. I bet you a thousand bucks there are MANY fuckers out there that fully subscribe to that belief. I wasn't kidding when I said I have more 'symptoms' of a secondary transsexual than a primary. A bunch of trannies would call me a fake I'm sure.

So yeah, I feel guilty admitting that I believe poseurs are prevalent... what makes me some superior judge??? Nothing.

I mean it must be especially annoying with all the "non-binary"/"genderqueer" kids, because I'm pretty sure most of them are just lesbians jumping on an ideological bandwagon and trying to fit in without having to bite the bullet and get surgery. And whatever, that's fine, there have been weird subcultures among kids for ages, but you don't have goths equating themselves with people who suffer from porphyrria, or running around insisting that society provide sun-light free zones in all public spaces or provide blood beverages on every menu or whatever.

View attachment 126159

If I was you, that kind of shit would make my blood boil.

It doesn't piss me off per-se, but it's awfully sad. I totally get the meme and punchline of "I identify as an attack copter". If that picture and story is legitimate, it's not enraging to me; it's a fucking tragedy. I want to say that's probably some legitimate quote from a snowflake tacked on to a "male_on_the_internet_01" picture. Right? .....right guys???

What was your experience with counselling? Did you actually go deep and explore the situation, why you feel the way you do, what options there are for dealing with it, how to process and move forward, etc? Or was it just a couple sessions and "yup, you're a tranny, pass GO and collect your titties"?

Wall inc.

I don't know if my experience was typical, atypical, or what. As I said, counseling is the first real step a tranny that wants to transition legitimately can take. Yes, you can just start cross-dressing and being you right out of the gate... either in public or private. You can start self-medding if you so desire. You can do informed consent for meds. I chose to go to a LCSW with a doctorate who had experience with trans patients. I remember I sent e-mails out to a few local shrinks and what not and just found the one that, for whatever reason, clicked. I was scared to death going into the office. I remember his FIRST question for me, after pleasantries, was "So how long have you been transgender?" I responded, "I never said I was transgender". I was in massive denial and so scared to talk about the GID that was like a unshakable itch in my head for so long. Even he was surprised by my answer.

Believe me when I say, I wanted answers when I went. I secretly wanted to be told, "I've dealt with a lot of trans patients and I think your narrative is different." Or "I think the fact you're so scared of this is indicative that you're not really trans". I desperately wanted to not BE trans. We discussed what I assume is typical psych stuff a shrink would want to discuss... relationships, family, childhood, social well-being, work. The hour went by dreadfully fast for the first session.

After just one or two session I had a revelation. I was like, "Who does this? Who goes through their whole fucking life wishing they were born a girl? This isn't normal cis-gendered thinking. Now I'm going to counseling for this; having gender dysphoria show up on insurance papers... when does this stop? When does this finally end?" Then I realized that it doesn't. I was transgender. My life is about to drastically change. I was so so scared. I knew it was possible that'd I'd wind up being pretty but I was mostly fearful I'd be making a horrible, irreversible mistake and be a monstrous freak. I cannot stress this enough: This thought is the most brutal thing about transitioning. Even naturally beautiful young guys with soft features, thick hair, flat brows, small chins carry that same fear with them in the transition. Then you pile on the ramifications of friends, family, the job, future relationships (I was lucky to be unmarried without kids)... the beginning of transition can be fucking hell. I've said it before in this thread; the in-between stage of transition is what can break a girl into tiny pieces mentally.

After that self-acceptance, I just wanted meds. I wasn't getting any younger. This needs to happen and soon. I then viewed both my therapist and sessions as a means to an end. I vocally pushed for his referral letter. He was hesitant, as he said he usually waits longer for his patients. He said a few more sessions... he still wasn't comfortable. I came to the next session fully dressed as a girl... blonde wig on and shit... looking pretty but terrible at the same time. I honestly hated crossdressing, and it was 100x worse in public which I had done only ONCE before that and was just driving and getting gas. He thought I looked beautiful. I thought he was lying :p When he finally asked me, "Would you like me to write a referral letter now?" I started crying. It felt like it was the true start to a more geniune life, and years later, I still feel that way.

So,... about right now then bros looks like a great time to respond to @Cad regarding the legacy of the Wachowski sisters, and whether or not I can bring any hard evidence that they tendered a certain script prior to writing The Matricks?

... Better get the Windex first

There is no "about right now", there is no "great time to respond" and you cannot "bring any hard evidence" or anything else inane to this thread, k?

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Been a pretty pic-less few pages huh? Fuck that noise~

profile.jpg

I TOLD you I loved my EQ a bit too much, pitifully haha :oops::(:rolleyes:o_O

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users