War with Syria

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice (NSFW)

Obama still looks like he's going to lob some missles at Assad.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The situation surrounding the chemical attack in Syria is very suspicious - Matuzov

"The situation surrounding the chemical attack in Syria is very suspicious.Russian team has proved through satellite images that rockets were launched from the territory of opposition groups.Why can't Russian and US teams come to UN Security Council and compare their satellite images from Damascus?"

"The timing of the Damascus attack is very curious. Washington feels that there is not enough evidence was put on table", Chuck Cashman from the Government Affairs Institute added. "There are voices who say retaliation should be on whoever did the attack but not just a blind strike."

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
vietnam wasn't THAT long ago.

Did The U.S. Drop Nerve Gas?

Admiral Thomas Moorer, U.S.N. (ret.), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs in 1970, and other top military officials have confirmed the use of sarin in the Laotian operation and in other missions to rescue downed U.S. airmen during the Vietnam War.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The CIA probably gave the AQ affiliated group the rockets. Not going to stop Obama.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Every day that goes by makes me feel its less likely that Obama is going to do anything. Half of you seem to want him to just to have him screw up, pretty sad state of affairs.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So the whole world tells barry to fuck off and his reply is he is going bomb brown people anyway? Did he have a son that looks Syrian or something?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Every day that goes by makes me feel its less likely that Obama is going to do anything. Half of you seem to want him to just to have him screw up, pretty sad state of affairs.
I take it you don't read the NYTimes. I was with you about two hours ago but now...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/30/us...a.html?hp&_r=0

I would prefer Obama not to bomb Syria. There is literally nothing good that can happen from such an attack.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's all over the place. Obama is considering unilateral action. Shockingly, unbelievably stupid.
And in this case unilateral really means unilateral. I doubt very much the majority of Congress, Pentagon or even his aides are in favor of it. If Obama goes in, it's all about ego. Same as Bush and Saddam.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah people laughed when bush only got England and Poland to help...

tad10

Elisha Dushku
All I see is considering action, to me means umm he is still thinking about it.
You realize that things like the NYT article are deliberate leaks by Obama's folks with his full knowledge? If he wasn't going to bomb he wouldn't leak this shit.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Neocons Push Obama to Go Beyond a Punitive Strike in Syria

Full letter

August 27, 2013

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President:

Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad has once again violated your red line, using chemical weapons to kill as many as 1,400 people in the suburbs of Damascus. You have said that large-scale use of chemical weapons in Syria would implicate "core national interests," including "making sure that weapons of mass destruction are not proliferating, as well as needing to protect our allies [and] our bases in the region." The world-including Iran, North Korea, and other potential aggressors who seek or possess weapons of mass of destruction-is now watching to see how you respond.

We urge you to respond decisively by imposing meaningful consequences on the Assad regime. At a minimum, the United States, along with willing allies and partners, should use standoff weapons and airpower to target the Syrian dictatorship's military units that were involved in the recent large-scale use of chemical weapons. It should also provide vetted moderate elements of Syria's armed opposition with the military support required to identify and strike regime units armed with chemical weapons.

Moreover, the United States and other willing nations should consider direct military strikes against the pillars of the Assad regime. The objectives should be not only to ensure that Assad's chemical weapons no longer threaten America, our allies in the region or the Syrian people, but also to deter or destroy the Assad regime's airpower and other conventional military means of committing atrocities against civilian non-combatants. At the same time, the United States should accelerate efforts to vet, train, and arm moderate elements of Syria's armed opposition, with the goal of empowering them to prevail against both the Assad regime and the growing presence of Al Qaeda-affiliated and other extremist rebel factions in the country.

Left unanswered, the Assad regime's mounting attacks with chemical weapons will show the world that America's red lines are only empty threats. It is a dangerous and destabilizing message that will surely come to haunt us-one that will certainly embolden Iran's efforts to develop nuclear weapons capability despite your repeated warnings that doing so is unacceptable. It is therefore time for the United States to take meaningful and decisive actions to stem the Assad regime's relentless aggression, and help shape and influence the foundations for the post-Assad Syria that you have said is inevitable.

Sincerely,

Ammar Abdulhamid Dr. Robert Kagan
Elliott Abrams Lawrence F. Kaplan
Dr. Fouad Ajami James Kirchick
Michael Allen Irina Krasovskaya
Dr. Michael Auslin Dr. William Kristol
Gary Bauer Bernard-Henri Levy
Paul Berman Dr. Robert J. Lieber
Max Boot Senator Joseph I. Lieberman
Ellen Bork Tod Lindberg
Ambassador L. Paul Bremer Mary Beth Long
Matthew R. J. Brodsky Dr. Thomas G. Mahnken
Dr. Eliot A. Cohen Dr. Michael Makovsky
Senator Norm Coleman Ann Marlowe
Ambassador William Courtney Clifford D. May
Seth Cropsey Dr. Alan Mendoza
James S. Denton Dr. Joshua Muravchik
Paula A. DeSutter Andrew Natsios
Dr. Larry Diamond Governor Tim Pawlenty
Dr. Paula J. Dobriansky Martin Peretz
Thomas Donnelly Danielle Pletka
Dr. Michael Doran Dr. David Pollock
Mark Dubowitz Arch Puddington
Dr. Colin Dueck Karl Rove
Dr. Nicholas Eberstadt Randy Scheunemann
Ambassador Eric S. Edelman Dan Senor
Douglas J. Feith Ambassador John Shattuck
Reuel Marc Gerecht Lee Smith
Abe Greenwald Henry D. Sokolski
Christopher J. Griffin James Traub
John P. Hannah Ambassador Mark D. Wallace
Dr. William Inboden Michael Weiss
Bruce Pitcairn Jackson Leon Wieseltier
Ash Jain Khawla Yusuf
Dr. Kenneth Jensen Robert Zarate
Allison Johnson Dr. Radwan Ziadeh
Ambassador Robert G. Joseph

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dont mind Karloff. Igor fucked up and stole a tard brain instead of the normal one Dr F told him to get for his monster.
wink.png

Karloff_sl

shitlord
tad10;344545 said:
You realize that things like the NYT article are deliberate leaks by Obama's folks with his full knowledge? If he wasn't going to bomb he wouldn't leak this shit.[/

Whose leaking this again? Your sounding tin foil hat here . We are all speculating what is going to happen here, I'm waiting for it actually to happen. Again I think the more time that goes by the less likely Obama will do a strike without congressional authorization and they couldn't authorize a bathroom break these days.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Dont mind Karloff. Igor fucked up and stole a tard brain instead of the normal one Dr F told him to get for his monster.
wink.png
Please Astro least I'm capable of critical thinking, you act like Obama stole your Iroc and messed with your weekend at wildwood. Every political post is crying about how Obama has wronged your sad excuse for a jersey movie critic life.