War with Syria

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
we were fine from germany. we stuck our noses in helping Britain against Germany so adolf declared war with the US. Japan was no threat until we started fucking around in their waters and despite many warnings to us to cut the shit out we didnt stop. so they decided to teach us a lesson and thats world war 2. we were fine with Hitler up until pearl harbor. this country was just as anti semitic as germany. we had a growing nazi party and many german Bund camps here. so yeah no. this country has been fine when we mind our own damned business.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_American_Bund
What the hell is this?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Obama not going to Cali next week because of Syria. So next week it's missile command. Sorry Syrians, we've got to help our buddies in AQ.

iannis

Musty Nester
So it would seem. The spasms of a dying empire.

It's particularly frustrating because it doesn't have to be this way. Look at those polls if you like, or just talk to someone. The majority of Americans can see this for what it is. That's something new. There's a guy at work I talk to who didn't understand what my problem with Libya was. The seams are obvious even to him on this one.

Quite an accomplishment for the purple state president.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Any US military intervention in Syria, whether it be supporting Assad or the rebels, is basically open support for what can only be described as the "marginallylesser of two evils".

If Assad is Satan, and the rebel leader(s) is Beelzebub-- justifying support for the former because the latter used chemical weapons is sheer lunacy. Congrats, you just replaced one devil with another.

Seriously, let them all fucking kill each other. Been watching Arabs blow themselves up, blow opposing tribes up, blow jews up, and blow Americans up for 30+ years now and we obviously never fucking learn. Seriously, the entire populations of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and all the rest of the middle eastern Islamist nations could disappear overnight and the world would be none the worse once we got someone to man the oil pumps. I seriously can't remember a single technology, medication, or Nobel prize ever emerging from one of these shitholes, at least in my lifetime. They contribute nothing to the world except for strife and war.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, Please can we fucking remove Astr0tards posting rights? At this point he is clearly fucking trolling to disrupt.
or ya know you could just stop responding or reading my posts. I refuse to take blame for dumbasses incapable of controlling their own actions. Besides, there was nothing incorrect with that post. This country gets along fine when we arent sticking our noses where it doesnt belong.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Any US military intervention in Syria, whether it be supporting Assad or the rebels, is basically open support for what can only be described as the "marginallylesser of two evils".
Speaking of which the new york times posted a video of the"rebels" executing people, now we all know terrible shit happens during war but executing people for being "godless" is exactly who we shouldn't be supporting.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If Obama had a son, he would look like rebel commander, and human heart-eater Khaled al-Hamad

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The more time until Congress votes the more shit about the rebels will come out.

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe you're right. Maybe there are people who haven't paid any attention to it and assume that "the rebels" are an america-friendly populist supported option.

The funny or die skit, just by existing, seems to point to that. It's hard for me to believe that, but I have to admit that I don't know everyone.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI that video is 18 months old. NY Times already issued a correction.

Not sure if it's still the rebels but... yeah, it was a long time ago.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I don't see what it being from 2012 has anything to do with it? I find it somewhat shocking this was published in the new york times at all. yes it was filmed a year ago, yes it was the rebels. I can't really remember when the civil war started off the top of my head but it was over a year ago.

pop quiz can anyone say when this conflict started without looking it up?

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
rrr_img_42622.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So it would seem. The spasms of a dying empire.

It's particularly frustrating because it doesn't have to be this way. Look at those polls if you like, or just talk to someone. The majority of Americans can see this for what it is. That's something new. There's a guy at work I talk to who didn't understand what my problem with Libya was. The seams are obvious even to him on this one.

Quite an accomplishment for the purple state president.
I was on board with Libya, still think it was a good idea. It seems that islamic extremists have more deeply entrenched themselves in the Syrian rebellion than they did in Libya, though. That is what I really have a problem with. We don't have a dog in this fight, whoever wins we lose. So just fucking let them kill each other, who cares.