Warframe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ended up starting playing this again the other day, haven't played since mid 2014. Have Mag, Nyx and Valkyr atm, dunno if I want to get some plat and pick up a new frame. No desire to do all the twitch stuff and also don't have twitch prime/amazon prime.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up starting playing this again the other day, haven't played since mid 2014. Have Mag, Nyx and Valkyr atm, dunno if I want to get some plat and pick up a new frame. No desire to do all the twitch stuff and also don't have twitch prime/amazon prime.
The Twitch stuff is worth doing and takes no effort, really. Link accounts, open up lots of 160p streams when you're not going to be around. Load up the game later and claim all the free crap, some of which will be useful for you (forma / nitain), and you might get a nice skin for Frost, or a nice Sniper (if you like those).

Play Nyx awhile to get back into the flow of the game, even though she is all about CC, she can do what you need to do. Mag is alright too, she has been changed a lot, but I wish her 4 was more powerful, her 2 / 3 pretty good, but overall she just lacks something. No experience with Valkyr, even though I have her. Grab Rhino, he is so survivable in all situations. Get Ember and burn everything across the solar system. Pick Nova and make stuff explode. Too many options. ;p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After Valkyr got nerfed last year everyone abandoned her. Unless they changed her, her 4 was hella neutered.
I watched this vid the other day, and it was ok, all opinion though, but it might give you an idea on where the various frames stand now (it is old though, from Jan '17):

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Got a Vectis Prime from watching streams, very nice. Also a wyrm and more than a dozen Forma blueprints.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're on a break waiting for PoE to get out of alpha (I kid. Sort of.) make sure to log in sometime in the next week to claim 2 brilliant eidolon shards, a 3 day resource booster, and a sigil.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if they will ever cancel the twitch bonuses, since they seem to drive a lot of viewership

Holy shit, 10 Latron blueprints in an hour and nothing even remotely useful otherwise

Last edited:

sukik

The last time I looked I had about 500 Latron blueprints. They probably just extended it to give the Twitchcon attendee's more time. Most people are probably just farming streams at this point.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Using that starter pleb mk1 shotgun on some of these harder missions makes things intense.

sukik

Is there anything I can do with extra Vectis Prime? Are they trade-able or can they be sold for ducats?

Vorph

Is there anything I can do with extra Vectis Prime? Are they trade-able or can they be sold for ducats?
Sell for credits so you at least get a free weapon slot out of it. I got like 5 of them and 6 or 7 Wyrms (which are good for 2 companion slots each) and there's no real point in keeping dupes around.

Edit: Hope everyone got what they wanted from the event, Twitch just clamped down on the drop system and now it doesn't work with multiple streams anymore.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So right now i'm using an Orthos and Dex Furis and liking both (Just levelled the dex furis when I started playing again). I have Hind, Gorgon and Boltor for my primaries atm, any good ones I should try to get though? The hind has a potato in it, can't remember if I put one in the gorgon, and the boltor doesn't cause I just started using that. I'm trying to get a Lex Prime but the one relic i've gotten where I could get the bp gave me a forma bp instead.

Vorph

Akstiletto Prime should be #1 priority imo. It pretty much never leaves my secondary slot unless I'm leveling something else.

Primary there's a few ways to go. Soma Prime is an obvious choice, but I personally don't feel it is a great idea if you have Akstiletto in secondary as they do essentially the same thing, and stilettos just straight up do it better. Also it's vaulted and expensive if you don't have Twitch Prime. My personal favorite rifle is Sybaris Prime. Slow-firing, long range, big crits (especially with Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope if you've got the acolyte mods), and decent status (VIRAL, not corrosive)... it's fantastic. For shotguns, if you're MR13 then having both a Vaykor Hek and a Tigris Prime is a must. They aren't easy to mod to the fullest though; Hek wants all the good crit mods including Shrapnel Shot, and Tigris absolutely must hit 100% status by using all 4 duals.

Melee is simple. Galatine Prime if you're MR13. Atterax if you aren't, or if you happen to have Maiming Strike. AHK slide attack macro is a must. I have Maiming Strike and I hate slide attacking, but it's so ridiculously effective that I do it anyway.

Do you only need the bp to finish your Lex P? I have tons of Meso C3s and need to run them to get Helios Prime stuff so I'm sure I can get a Lex bp in the process. (edit: Just got one on the first try.)

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So right now i'm using an Orthos and Dex Furis and liking both (Just levelled the dex furis when I started playing again). I have Hind, Gorgon and Boltor for my primaries atm, any good ones I should try to get though? The hind has a potato in it, can't remember if I put one in the gorgon, and the boltor doesn't cause I just started using that. I'm trying to get a Lex Prime but the one relic i've gotten where I could get the bp gave me a forma bp instead.
Buy the blueprint for the Astilla shotgun from the market and farm up the parts, it is better than the primaries you listed. Getting the 4 Tellerium could be a hassle, so try and find a Nekrosto run Ophelia on Uranus with you, won't take that long to get the Tellurium.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
A few questions....

Let's say I equip mods that say +15% frost damage on my pistol, does this change they type of damage the pistol does? Does this stack or add to the Frost damage that my prime frame does or is it weapon specific only?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few questions....

Let's say I equip mods that say +15% frost damage on my pistol, does this change they type of damage the pistol does? Does this stack or add to the Frost damage that my prime frame does or is it weapon specific only?
Weapon only, and it adds 15% frost dmg, will not effect the Impact, Puncture or Slash. Elemental damage is pretty important the higher you go in Warframe:
Damage 2.0