Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Saw some reviews and this looked incredibly fun. I also like Mist have only finished maybe a handful of FPS campaigns but this is likely for my entire lifetime. I dont generally play FPS titles that arent built for MP, but i can swing 6 hours of cinematic guts and glory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Except none of the reviewers could actually test the pvp since there was no matchmaking so... Yea...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first one was already kind of a short campaign at 8-10, 6 is just needlessly short.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah 8 to10 was short but i guess enough. 6 seems like a fucking lazy zoomer whined when asked to do more work

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If this game was $20 it would be fine. It's a value question. Honestly I got bored of dark tide super fast because of the slow grind for shit gear and laborious level sizes with retards who would pull daemonhosts and fail the mission 40 minutes in, so there's not much to look forward to coop wise.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
6 hour campaign is a nope for me. Not enough diversity in the designer team to put out more content I'd guess

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean you don't need to be ridiculous here. So not sure how they made the campaign too short.

All you had to do was what the first one did. Fight Tyranids for awhile, boss fight a Carnifex or two then get a reveal with Chaos Space Marines entering the fray. Fight some Daemons and save the day. With loads of awesome 40k Imperium atmosphere.

Titus got done dirty for defeating an Ork Warboss and a nascent Daemon Prince in single combat. Get punished with serving in the Deathwatch for 100 years lol.

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
6 is just pitiful. Those 2 hour work days for their pampered baby pansy team not cutting it

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Isn't a large portion of the game the replayability in the side missions? I feel like the 6 hour campaign isn't even the main feature. There is progression with characters in the side missions to grind out and difficulty levels as well. Did anyone here even do their research?

Either way, I'll be picking this up and blasting with friends over the weekend.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Isn't a large portion of the game the replayability in the side missions? I feel like the 6 hour campaign isn't even the main feature. There is progression with characters in the side missions to grind out and difficulty levels as well. Did anyone here even do their research?

Either way, I'll be picking this up and blasting with friends over the weekend.
Apparently it's the same missions but different areas of the campaign map, so there's only 6 missions in the game but they have different variations?

This is like f2p levels of content

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I could live with 6 hours campaign if there was a massive amount of end game PvE content, but it looks like that’s not the case 6 missions only.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
6 hours seems inaccurate or something else going on.

• Quick: 8-9 hours
  • Standard: 9-11 hours
  • Thorough: 11-14 hours

11 hours on Xbox for the first entry.

He says 8.5 hours in main campaign. 4-6 hours in the side missions, and some more in the multiplayer he dicked around on. Ending at like 20 hours for his first pass.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Performance on PS5 seems like shit, sorta. The performance mode cannot maintain 60fps at all, with huge dips down to 38fps. The 4k mode does manage to lock in 30fps though. Series X does much better on Performance by rarely going below 50.

As for PC, it is also what I expected given the recommended spec; anything below a 40 series is going to struggle at 1440p. A 4060ti, with DLSS Balance was able to maintain 65-ish on High settings.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dont care if there's a black space marine, not at all...

Now you know I know this.

If I remember the Celestial Lions were black, African? And another chapter was also mostly black...forget name. (Clearly I don't know this)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6 hours seems inaccurate or something else going on.

• Quick: 8-9 hours
  • Standard: 9-11 hours
  • Thorough: 11-14 hours

11 hours on Xbox for the first entry.

He says 8.5 hours in main campaign. 4-6 hours in the side missions, and some more in the multiplayer he dicked around on. Ending at like 20 hours for his first pass.

I'll trust ForceGaming's timing, as he clearly stated they didn't even b-line through the Story missions, and said they killed everything and explored everything they were able too... and clocked in a 5hrs 50minish. The after campaign missons were taking his team 30min each to complete. So I'd say those who took longer had a lot of time standing around going "ooh, aaaah".

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Now you know I know this.

If I remember the Celestial Lions were black, African? And another chapter was also mostly black...forget name. (Clearly I don't know this)
Salamanders

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuck all you heretics! It can be six minutes, and I'm buying this bitch! It looks fun as fuck!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users