Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who was it that said we were going to a female guardsman commander? You are a prophet.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How long did it take for you nope out of Darktide (due to repeating the same missions)?

I still play Darktide. I will admit I played about a month straight....daily lets say before I got sick of it. Shit, it sounds like Darktide might have had MORE content than this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still play Darktide. I will admit I played about a month straight....daily lets say before I got sick of it. Shit, it sounds like Darktide might have had MORE content than this.
I think it might have, at least my memory is saying they had more than 6 missions to run. Getting a solid month of play from this would be good, imo.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dark tide was really fun except

1) upgrades/loot were too fucking slow
2) missions were too long to deal with randos

Unfortunately that's literally the game so I abandoned it week 1.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Now you know I know this.

If I remember the Celestial Lions were black, African? And another chapter was also mostly black...forget name. (Clearly I don't know this)
As you well know Commander, there is only one Black Legion in 40K.

Black-Templar-1.jpg

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Now you know I know this.

If I remember the Celestial Lions were black, African? And another chapter was also mostly black...forget name. (Clearly I don't know this)
Salamanders are pitch black. Not really sure if they count though as they look like this or literally black as soot. Lorewise its due to the flaw in their geneseed that all of the Marine archetypes have.

1725481575104.png

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Salamanders are pitch black. Not really sure if they count though as they look like this or literally black as soot. Lorewise its due to the flaw in their geneseed that all of the Marine archetypes have.

View attachment 544441
No it's not gene related.

It's due to the fact that they initially were recruited from Vulkan which is a volcano planet with specific radiation or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Who the fuck cares? The Heresy books really made them way more badass. Look at these fucking guys.

1725482746879.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who was it that said we were going to a female guardsman commander? You are a prophet.
The Imperial Guard has been a combined service since long before the great Didn't Earn It infestation. Both sexes are equally expendable in the eyes of the God Emperor.

Isn't a large portion of the game the replayability in the side missions? I feel like the 6 hour campaign isn't even the main feature. There is progression with characters in the side missions to grind out and difficulty levels as well. Did anyone here even do their research?

Either way, I'll be picking this up and blasting with friends over the weekend.
Yeah I may have reeed prematurely. Sounds similar to Dawn of War 2 where you can rush the main story if you want but it's better to periodically clear some side missions.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So as I'm watching these streams, it appears that the 6hr metric is for only the main Story missions, and does not include the side missions that you can do if you want, and are different than the Operations that open up after the Campaign. Is that right?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Strippin just completed the main story campaign in 7ish hours coop on normal. Then it opens up to more PvE missions and online activities.

I'm curious as to what the progression is on the online part. If the game opens up into a mission based thing like Helldivers, then I'd definitely say that there is a decent amount of content for the cost. But if it only takes a few more hours to finish everything PvE and you're left with PvP or some repeating missions with only cosmetic progression it's not worth the cost to me.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game is COOKED!

Not doing any more pre-orders etc myself. But will keep an eye out if this is fun or not. You brave day 1 warriors better keep us updated!

jh2905vxavmd1.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually found a video of a guy testing how a 3060 will play the game, though he was playing a pre release version. He ended up having to play at 1080/Mostly High settings in ultra-performance for the smoothest gameplay. With 1440/High/Balanced there would be hard drops down into the 40's. I'm still hoping that it will play as well as The First Descendent, though that might be asking too much.

Also still not quite clear on the structure of content. Watched Moxsy off/on last night, and when I made my earlier post, it was info I got from him where it seemed there were side missions to do along with the Story mission... but I think he misunderstood what I was asking, since much later he simply divided the game into Story mission (7-8hrs) and then Operations (which you can do without finishing the Story, maybe).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Actually found a video of a guy testing how a 3060 will play the game, though he was playing a pre release version. He ended up having to play at 1080/Mostly High settings in ultra-performance for the smoothest gameplay. With 1440/High/Balanced there would be hard drops down into the 40's. I'm still hoping that it will play as well as The First Descendent, though that might be asking too much.

Also still not quite clear on the structure of content. Watched Moxsy off/on last night, and when I made my earlier post, it was info I got from him where it seemed there were side missions to do along with the Story mission... but I think he misunderstood what I was asking, since much later he simply divided the game into Story mission (7-8hrs) and then Operations (which you can do without finishing the Story, maybe).

Ya. I'm worried that my 3080ti and 5800X may be a little long in the tooth for this game...

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya. I'm worried that my 3080ti and 5800X may be a little long in the tooth for this game...
Which I have to ask, is this somehow actually cutting edge, or just not optimized well. I know blah blah tech progresses fast, but a 3080ti should not be anywhere near struggling for stuff. I mean look at how many of us were running like 1080ti's no issues really for 5 odd years.

• 4Like