Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing on ps5 this morning, and the Performance mode makes a lot of sacrifices and doesn't really deliver a steady framerate, but playing this at 30fps is horrible. Game can get very choppy during the bigger fights so far, and its pretty blurry, so I would advise not getting a ps5 version if you have other options. The console port was certainly not done by wizards, and probably zero input from Sony. I don't feel like I'm playing a nextgen console game at all.

That aside, they did do a really good job with the aesthetics, though I would give Darktide the node in overall style. The music is mediocre, but I'm saying that while comparing it to Darktides soundtrack which might be unfair. Combat is alright, better than Darktide for sure, but Titus (I've only done story missions so far) can get his ass kicked pretty easily. I'm not a fan of being staggered by every hit while not being able to do the same to mobs (small mobs die easily, but the bigger ones... even just one will kill you). Dodging feels off due to the animation time, there is like a half-sec lead up animation to the actual movement, if that makes sense.

Ya. I'm worried that my 3080ti and 5800X may be a little long in the tooth for this game...
I think the 3080ti will do just fine, but prolly not 1440p Ultra/DLSS Quality.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Which I have to ask, is this somehow actually cutting edge, or just not optimized well. I know blah blah tech progresses fast, but a 3080ti should not be anywhere near struggling for stuff. I mean look at how many of us were running like 1080ti's no issues really for 5 odd years.

Game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here were a couple performance related videos from the same guy; one is 3060 gameplay (but from a couple weeks ago) and ps5 gameplay from yesterday.

3060:

PS5:

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
As you well know Commander, there is only one Black Legion in 40K.
1725558673609.png
What the hell is with those fuckin baby hands?

ryan reynolds deadpool GIF by Deadpool's Fun Sack

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oof, that PROS site they are using to link various accounts has no capacity for this, lol.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I tried to warn you! That's coming season 1 lmao
But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

rad

Lord of Guk

Should be soon after release, I believe the 'early early' streamer versions supported widescreen so might be a day1 patch.

I run @ 1440 on an 8700k w/ 3080 - Getting around 80fps during combat, not noticing any large drops so far, been pretty smooth.

Combat is a little lumbering, but it feels right. Based on my short experience at the higher difficulties you cannot just spam attacks and expect to be effective. Weaving combos/finishers effectively feels really good though, nailed the shit out of the aesthetic.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good news here, my 3060 on a mix of High/Med using Balanced is running smooth. There have been a few small dips during big swarms, but this is playing as well as I had hoped. Doubt I'll touch the ps5 again at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just played for 15 minutes. That is all I could squeeze in today, might get an hour in tonight. Saturday is slammed, might get time on Sunday. I really don't have much time until next week.

Those 15 minutes were fun fuck with no performance issues.

Cannot wait for next week when I have time to poopsock.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I will be the 1st to say that the controls are clunky as fuck. No matter how I remap, it just feels off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user