Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Try using a controller.

Controller?!

aaa.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Deathmatch maps so far are very destiny, only one class has a fast vertically inclined attack so not a huge deal but definitely nothing cool about deathmatch. Play the other modes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the Campaign today, and while it was indeed pretty short, I felt it was good enough. I would have preferred to have those 6 operations simply be side missions to the Campagin, and then have another set of missions for the after campaign grind. If there were like 9 missions to look forward to as a grind, I'd be pretty happy. I just hope they can actually add a meaningful amount of stuff in Season 2.

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
do you get any weapon or class exp from doing campaign? I went straight into coop and pvp since launch

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
do you get any weapon or class exp from doing campaign? I went straight into coop and pvp since launch
Nope, campaign is standalone. If you co open, the host plays Titus, and the other will be playing Gabriel and Chairon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raptor123

Trakanon Raider
I figured out what drove me nuts about the control. When I zoom in I'm so used to the primary being the fire button where here its now a melee attack. I'm getting used to it but its different.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. Very much feels like I'm in the 40k world.

I found it hilarious
Spoiler

That the very first mission is go arm a big gun. Direct copy of space marine 1. Might be lazy writing but I still found it funny.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started doing the Operations today, and they are a disappointment. Out of the 6, there is 1 which is new/unique, the other 5 are campaign missions via a different squads pov. They are fun, sure, buuut its disappointing. Matchmaking is not so great either, getting into a team is (as of now) kinda tedious.

You can't run a team with 3 of the same class, but you can join a team as any class, so you can end up not doing the mission until someone decides to not play the class they had wanted to play. When you actually do get into the mission, well, you're at the mercy of the other players skill at surviving. I somehow ended up getting into my second attempt on the first mission with bots, and I just kept them for all the rest. Not sure how to select "solo" from the start though. Much easier.

The missions themselves are -far- too long and give -far- too little in return. Feels like a huge waste of time, imo. Class abilities also need to adjusted so that they can be used much more often.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is relatively short ~7-8 hours, but fun throughout. Nothing overstayed its welcome. Last couple missions are top tier though. Ramp up to final confrontation was awesome. 8/10 for me. Only complaint is that I feel that I never really mastered parrying and it felt a little clunky as mentioned above. Obviously the attacks that give indicators are easy enough, but sometimes I feel I'd parry regular attacks and I just get hit regardless.

Only stability issue that I encountered was when I'd try to close the game. Freezes every time. No in-game hiccups or issues though, not one.

I appreciate how they didn't shy away from using Calgar, or mentioning Guilliman a bunch. Seems GW may be finally loosening its grip on those reigns, as previously it was heretical for game devs to include major characters from the current setting

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is relatively short ~7-8 hours, but fun throughout. Nothing overstayed its welcome. Last couple missions are top tier though. Ramp up to final confrontation was awesome. 8/10 for me. Only complaint is that I feel that I never really mastered parrying and it felt a little clunky as mentioned above. Obviously the attacks that give indicators are easy enough, but sometimes I feel I'd parry regular attacks and I just get hit regardless.

Only stability issue that I encountered was when I'd try to close the game. Freezes every time. No in-game hiccups or issues though, not one.

I appreciate how they didn't shy away from using Calgar, or mentioning Guilliman a bunch. Seems GW may be finally loosening its grip on those reigns, as previously it was heretical for game devs to include major characters from the current setting
As far as I can tell, Parry has different rules for Small and Large mobs; for the Smalls, you just instantly press Parry when you see the indicator and no need to ever parry them otherwise. For the Large mobs, you have to Parry in the typical way, just before they hit you with the indicator and without. My main issue is that Dodging is more dangerous overall, but more consistent. Mobs can attack non-stop, so Dodging will make you vulnerable after that first dodge since another attack is probably inc, and it feels like there is a slight recovery period that will let them hit you. Plus, I just really hate fat rolls. Just give me dashes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as I can tell, Parry has different rules for Small and Large mobs; for the Smalls, you just instantly press Parry when you see the indicator and no need to ever parry them otherwise. For the Large mobs, you have to Parry in the typical way, just before they hit you with the indicator and without. My main issue is that Dodging is more dangerous overall, but more consistent. Mobs can attack non-stop, so Dodging will make you vulnerable after that first dodge since another attack is probably inc, and it feels like there is a slight recovery period that will let them hit you. Plus, I just really hate fat rolls. Just give me dashes.
They replaced the dash from the first one with fat rolling?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
A Space Marine fat rolling just seems so strange to me.

The dash was fine.

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the overall progression for coop is nice.but I just wish it overlaps into pvp or throughout the entire game somehow so it makes grinding so much sweeter