Warhammer 40k

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
GW is a company so what this really comes down to is that they either did it because they think it will sell more models or they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do, sales be damned. Regardless, I don't think GW is a big enough company that they can do the latter without at least calculating the risk to be neutral to the bottom line. We will see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
GW is a company so what this really comes down to is that they either did it because they think it will sell more models or they did it because they thought it was the right thing to do, sales be damned. Regardless, I don't think GW is a big enough company that they can do the latter without at least calculating the risk to be neutral to the bottom line. We will see.
they may have also just been offered a huge DEI investment if they accept a comissar (dei) officer. that happens a lot. as razerfist says, its usually not "get woke go broke" its "go broke. suddenly get woke for cash injection to save your ship".

tho i think warhammer has been doing okay for itself lately, but they have to be horrified by how easily their busienss model is displaced by 3d printing, or tabletop simulation on computers. they may have had enough influince on their board to take the DEI investment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
6x75j1.png

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What this reminds me is in TW:WH, at the beginning of a turn sometimes you are offered a sizeable amount of gold, but it comes with Chaos Corruption if you choose the gold.
2001136500_preview_9 - stranger.jpg

GW chose the gold & DEI Corruption.

Greedy idiots.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you don't like space marines with tits don't buy them. GW will stop making them. I think most people who are into the modeling and painting aspect would welcome them. It's always nice to have a different choice of models and poses.
Can you look at my last post and find fault in it?

Anyway, Superhero Comics said "if you don't like my politics, don't buy my book", they race, gender and sexuality swapped everything.

People did stop buying them, writers are begging for money on twitter to cover rent, stores are closing down. Manga is booming.

Great right? But people who liked Superhero Comics don't have them to enjoy anymore.

So yeah we can stop buying the product... but we liked the product.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Goonsquad Officer
folks are just gonna pirate the rules, and buy used/bootleg models . then the twitterati arn't going to buy it, and they'll call people racist biggot homophobes.

• 3Like

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
Can you look at my last post and find fault in it?

Anyway, Superhero Comics said "if you don't like my politics, don't buy my book", they race, gender and sexuality swapped everything.

People did stop buying them, writers are begging for money on twitter to cover rent, stores are closing down. Manga is booming.

Great right? But people who liked Superhero Comics don't have them to enjoy anymore.

I don't like any space marine whether it has tits or not.

It's as if there aren't a hundred different options for you to buy something else. Bitching about excluding something that someone else might be interested in just seems silly. If you get a little barbie marine in your toy box I'm sure it will spell the end of civilization as we know it. First world problems.

• 1NPC
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah and when we rip the DEI stuff out using this same "first world problems who cares" watch them behave worse. Go make your own shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Can you not read? are you retarded? i just explained how it's not about there being wahmen. there's thousands of wamen characters and things in 40k. it's how they stepped over all of them so they could piss right in peoples eyes, just to say "fuck you"

you bust up in here with lefty talking points you pulled out of your ass like it's briliant, or helpful. you're calling a forum of 40 year old dudes with wives incels. some other retard is slinging around "alt right" like that was a thing past about 2015.

are yall retarded?

You are talking to a progressive, the literal dumbest type of person on the planet.

They legitimately believe that all women can be men and vice versa whenever they want but also that women are oppressed and over-sexualized but also that they are stunning and brave and can do everything a man can do.

They don't understand that retconning something cool but mundane into something superior and badass is something that few people have a problem with, especially early in the process of fleshing out cannon, but that changing something already extensively covered and entirely badass into something nonsensical and specifically retrograde to their fanbase, while all their fanbases other hobbies are facing similar divisive incursions, will be met head on with righteous animus.

It was all perfectly predictable but they still walked face-first into the rake because progressives are retarded.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
folks say "it's their s not yours" do not understand what is likely to happen. players who enjoy the game will still play, without droping a dime on GW's dei shit. the company however, will not get the money they need to function. it's like dnd next trying to turn it into a wheel chair drow, 'world art' shit fest just means people will keep playing 3.5, 2nd, pathfinder, pathfinder 2, 4th, 5th, shadow of the demonlord etc. gamers can entertain themselves longer than wizards of the coast will remain proffitable. neither warhammer nor dnd started with "games as a service" model where they can actually deny you the things that you purchased. they sold plastic men and paper for 30 years. they can't revoke the paper. they can't reclaim the plastic. they can't stop people from cutting new plastic.

GW needs fans, fans don't need GW. I been running dark heresy (the 40k tabletop game) for some 16 years now. i've bought a lot of the books when they came out, but i haven't purchased one in like 10 years. i have pdf's of them all. gonna keep playing it, GW hasn't gotten a dollar for it all this time. i would ahve gladly bought products related to it, but they never sold them. now if they release a new edition, i'll skip buying it and just pirate the PDF because fuck those retards.

• 3Like

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
folks say "it's their s not yours" do not understand what is likely to happen. players who enjoy the game will still play, without droping a dime on GW's dei shit. the company however, will not get the money they need to function. it's like dnd next trying to turn it into a wheel chair drow, 'world art' shit fest just means people will keep playing 3.5, 2nd, pathfinder, pathfinder 2, 4th, 5th, shadow of the demonlord etc. gamers can entertain themselves longer than wizards of the coast will remain proffitable. neither warhammer nor dnd started with "games as a service" model where they can actually deny you the things that you purchased. they sold plastic men and paper for 30 years. they can't revoke the paper. they can't reclaim the plastic. they can't stop people from cutting new plastic.

GW needs fans, fans don't need GW. I been running dark heresy (the 40k tabletop game) for some 16 years now. i've bought a lot of the books when they came out, but i haven't purchased one in like 10 years. i have pdf's of them all. gonna keep playing it, GW hasn't gotten a dollar for it all this time. i would ahve gladly bought products related to it, but they never sold them. now if they release a new edition, i'll skip buying it and just pirate the PDF because fuck those retards.
Yeah that's called a free market. Don't like it don't buy it. Counterfeiting is illegal though. I can understand if you're a poorcel. But committing a crime because your space marine doll has two extra bumps seems super cringe.

Bitching about a product some company decides to release that doesn't cater to your fragile ego seems pretty beta.

• 5Moron
  • 1Dislike
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 7 users

Goonsquad Officer
Don't like it don't buy it. Counterfeiting is illegal though. gay retarded shit.
the office of counterfit plastic men is gonna come get ya for printing a space marine? or buying a used marine?

Christ lefties are retarded. You are a retard.

• 3Like

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
the office of counterfit plastic men is gonna come get ya for printing a space marine? or buying a used marine?

Christ lefties are retarded. You are a retard.
No dumb ass. I'm just saying it's tough to claim some morale high ground about being he man woman haters when your resolution is to turn to IP piracy.

The whole argument is dumb. They are going to add girls to an obscure marine faction that hardly anyone plays. Something they've already done with storm cast that are the face of the Fantasy battle line. Something you could completely avoid by not buying those models and playing one of the other 100 odd factions.

Oh the horror

• 2Moron
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Imbecile

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Poorcell? Alt right? Incels?

Which forum died that we inherited all the fucking leftist American Inventors again? Fuck.

Or are these recycled retards?

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Goonsquad Officer
its not piracy shit stain. folks own the books already. they own minis already, they buy things others don't want anymore, or they just print them out on their own (legal to do also). folks will keep enjoying their hobby without having to buy new product if they get annoyed by the quality of the product.

all you do is straw man and throw out stupid shit claiming it's everyone else's position. no one is claiming a moral high ground. folks are just commenting that the quality is being impacted and it's not good. the fan baiting only earns more twitter buzz, it generally doesn't sell more product or expand playerbase.

• 4Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
No dumb ass. I'm just saying it's tough to claim some morale high ground about being he man woman haters when your resolution is to turn to IP piracy.

The whole argument is dumb. They are going to add girls to an obscure marine faction that hardly anyone plays. Something they've already done with storm cast that are the face of the Fantasy battle line. Something you could completely avoid by not buying those models and playing one of the other 100 odd factions.

Oh the horror
So you are just going to ignore what we are posting and keep repeating the same thing?

1) 40k is based on militaries and holy orders, which were single sex, and that's OK. Changing it is a value judgement that the setting was wrong and needed changing.

2) Women in name only characters created to check boxes are boring. There is no attempt at an interesting storyline to include a female Custodes. Sister of Battle/Silence are more interesting having different powers and struggles than their male counterparts.

3) 40k already has mixed sex imperial agents and guard. This change makes the setting less diverse.
Can you dispute any of these points? It's about the attitude of "fixing" the game with boring less diverse storytelling, not women being invovled, as they already are.

Can you respond to the fact that we can and will stop giving them money (this is why I don't play MTG anymore), but we liked the old authentic version of these products and don't want to lose them?

Also Custodes are not an obsure marine faction hardly anyone plays, what the fuck are you talking about? You don't have an interest in 40k I guess.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users