Warhammer 40k

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I mean why not just hang on to them, and you never know you might have time in the future. I kind of regret getting rid of my necron Army. A couple of buddies that play gave me BS about it and they both still have all of their stuff, and I'm the only one who ever sold everything out. Probably cost me twice as much now to buy the damn set that I had.

If you're not hurting for cash just keep it, kind of like firearms. You'll eventually use it.

Keep it all. Probably won't regret it.
I think we are confused, saying this guy has a sick army for sale. (Just went to link it but looks to have sold, but it was the most grim dark grungy medieval looking templars I've ever seen) I havn't played in a decade so I'm collecting show pieces, I sold my armies long ago. I did get a really good deal on some stuff from Brad on here, i've had some of that commisioned, and I'm going to sell the new in box stuff remaining as I've either decided the model doesn't excite me, or paying for it to be commisioned is too pricy for the quality for the local guys. (Like $25 for slightly above average table top quality for like a blade guard and the guy doesn't like doing vehicles)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think we are confused, saying this guy has a sick army for sale. (Just went to link it but looks to have sold, but it was the most grim dark grungy medieval looking templars I've ever seen) I havn't played in a decade so I'm collecting show pieces, I sold my armies long ago. I did get a really good deal on some stuff from Brad on here, i've had some of that commisioned, and I'm going to sell the new in box stuff remaining as I've either decided the model doesn't excite me, or paying for it to be commisioned is too pricy for the quality for the local guys. (Like $25 for slightly above average table top quality for like a blade guard and the guy doesn't like doing vehicles)
WTF, did Brad sell his 10,000 point Army? What the hell?

How has he been I know or don't believe he's posted in a long time and was running into his problems with shit out in San Antonio. Hope he's doing well.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
1724010224298.png

1724010240736.png
1724010294366.png

1724010319207.png

1724010360932.png
1724010379330.png

1724010477233.png

• 4Like
  • 1Splash the Pot
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
On the hunt now for a nice jump packer both old and new w/ basic chainsword or like some veterans with claws etc. (Have a box of 5 that would be perfect I'll maybe have the guy do)

I thought some fancier terminator kits were coming those were just the prefit ones.

And I still need a conventional tank rather than all walkers. Just not sure what, wasn't quite finding deals this weekend on anything, hell finding a decent looking Chimera period was rough.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Lot of hype for Kill Team 3rd Edition.

Sad to see compendium go, but it cuts out a lot of faction bloat. I am worried that my Void-Dancers might get legends during this edition. I hope not, I really enjoy playing them as they have the right size of operatives for the team, perform everything quite well, but their draw backs are that they are squishy & low wounds.

Co-Op mode is a great way to keep your compendium teams on the kill team board as they can fill the role of NPOs, and this is a great way to introduce someone to the game that is apprehensive about squaring off an actual person.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm digging it. Biggest loss with Compendium is there still hasn't been a Nids team.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Coop seems interesting, just to learn the game if nothing else. We'll see. I really wanted to the 2nd but just never tipped over the edge, if was all cover combo tricks and most every new team had too many SRs. Plus the relative lack of customizing teams just kind of meh.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I followed Kill Team online since the tail end of KT18 and have collected bunch of teams, but only ever played a few games of KT21 myself to learn. I liked it overall, but there was a lot going on and I knew I probably wouldn't enjoy playing it competitively which seemed to be the intended method. But using anything in your collection to setup the baddies in a co-op / solo mission gives it a lot of life and I'm really interested to try that out.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man KT news is still good, with only one rumor negative (rotating teams to legends after 3 years regardless).

I do think it's threatening to turn into a pillar skirmish game if they do it right. I'm still a bit curious what they're going to do long term as they will run out of "standard 40k infantry squad which needs model update" that also happens to work as spec ops.

At some level there's also the problem that a lot of really cool core units don't have any representation. SoB for example have their dumb novitiates team but no real squad. I don't think anything of theirs is really due soon for a remake, and not sure how compatible these things are with a sprue upgrade like some others.

Overall unreasonably positive news from GW with free rules, free app and even more support on top of coop and everything.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They have new ownership/leadership or something?

They've been slowly modernizing a lot for quite a number of years tbh. AoS 4 is finally a really good ruleset, re-releasing whfb and some other trends are relatively positive. I think they had one big problem they've actually resolved and two remaining. The big issue was production and they've brought this all online and brought in house the remaining international production which means they're not as crippled with any supply shocks.

The two remaining issues are 1) they are very, very slow to adapt and 2) they don't really seem to have a concrete plan with what to do with their mainline wargames long term (book spam, 3d printing, apps, etc.) which combined with 1 means they seem to be treading water sometimes on those.

TBH my biggest issue is just 40k is just way too much. You have piles and piles of rules and books and faqs, way too big of armies and hobby commitments, constant releases and everything else just makes it impossible to casually enjoy and participate in the game itself. There's also the sunk cost issue which is balance is so atrocious that you can spend like 3-4 months quickly building an army and then its so bad its pointless. Just a negative feedback loop there. OTOH, while I appreciate a lot of what AoS has done it just doesn't grab me as much so its more difficult to put time into it.

Spearhead being a big success is an interesting twist as basically it's the format I really want (besides lack of list building) which is smaller 500-600 pt games which are tighter and lighter. 40k being ranged focus sucks a bit here because as boarding action showed its really hard to condense it and still make it as cool, whereas AoS is melee anyway so you can just have a small town and fight it out.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Man KT news is still good, with only one rumor negative (rotating teams to legends after 3 years regardless).

I do think it's threatening to turn into a pillar skirmish game if they do it right. I'm still a bit curious what they're going to do long term as they will run out of "standard 40k infantry squad which needs model update" that also happens to work as spec ops.

At some level there's also the problem that a lot of really cool core units don't have any representation. SoB for example have their dumb novitiates team but no real squad. I don't think anything of theirs is really due soon for a remake, and not sure how compatible these things are with a sprue upgrade like some others.

Overall unreasonably positive news from GW with free rules, free app and even more support on top of coop and everything.

That 3-year legend rumor was one of the first ones I heard as well but I consider it partially debunked as they have revealed an updated card for the Dakka Boy which was one of the 2 OG teams.

3-year lifecycle would be pretty bullshit though.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That 3-year legend rumor was one of the first ones I heard as well but I consider it partially debunked as they have revealed an updated card for the Dakka Boy which was one of the 2 OG teams.

3-year lifecycle would be pretty bullshit though.
Well the rumor was actually after year 1 is complete the old year 1 will rotate out.

I dunno though, I just don't think they can afford to drop certain teams since there's no other options. I do think they will need to retire some teams at some point because there's a lot of reallllly out there stuff, but will they keep making weird offshoot kits? Like they could make custom space marine chapter focused teams and all that over time, which I would like, but they haven't really done any purely gratuitous teams which are literally just resculpts of current kits just for KT. They have all been for the most part 'dualish' purpose even if realistically some of them like the arbites have been pure fanservice nostalgia and not really built for mainline 40k.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've been slowly modernizing a lot for quite a number of years tbh. AoS 4 is finally a really good ruleset, re-releasing whfb and some other trends are relatively positive. I think they had one big problem they've actually resolved and two remaining. The big issue was production and they've brought this all online and brought in house the remaining international production which means they're not as crippled with any supply shocks.

The two remaining issues are 1) they are very, very slow to adapt and 2) they don't really seem to have a concrete plan with what to do with their mainline wargames long term (book spam, 3d printing, apps, etc.) which combined with 1 means they seem to be treading water sometimes on those.

TBH my biggest issue is just 40k is just way too much. You have piles and piles of rules and books and faqs, way too big of armies and hobby commitments, constant releases and everything else just makes it impossible to casually enjoy and participate in the game itself. There's also the sunk cost issue which is balance is so atrocious that you can spend like 3-4 months quickly building an army and then its so bad its pointless. Just a negative feedback loop there. OTOH, while I appreciate a lot of what AoS has done it just doesn't grab me as much so its more difficult to put time into it.

Spearhead being a big success is an interesting twist as basically it's the format I really want (besides lack of list building) which is smaller 500-600 pt games which are tighter and lighter. 40k being ranged focus sucks a bit here because as boarding action showed its really hard to condense it and still make it as cool, whereas AoS is melee anyway so you can just have a small town and fight it out.
I want Mordheim back.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I want Mordheim back.

I kinda do but I kinda don't. I really loved Mordheim in theory but the problem was all the memorable bits make it really hard to enjoy as a game since it was cinematically focused rather than balanced. There are a lot of feels bad gambling rolls where sometimes you just get screwed and your leader gets killed off screen by bad dice which provides everyone else a laugh, and other times you get handed crazy stuff. I think they've learned a bit from Necromunda, but again your narrative comes from investment into imbalance and interest rather than a tight gameplay.

I think I want some combination of KT, Mordheim and Inquisitor set in 40k universe. But I also would want GW to make new character kits which are effectively more like the old box. If you remember the old SM commander box, it was like the one dude but had tons of different arms and weapon options and helmets and whatever. To me a game made up of Mordheim style with Inq aesthetics and RP, and KT rules to streamline the gameplay would be nearly perfect as a better DnD.

Alas...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Those are great, and I've also seen it suggested that you just make whatever themed SM list with analogues to these guys spec sheets and just use their rules which seems interesting to me as well.
Yep!

I really wanted to do a Carcharadons themed version of this team.

I'm not a space marine player, so I dont have any bits to gather up and produce the team. Its all good tho. Really happy with these guys.

• 1Like