Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
Seems all according to track and plan. It does seem to be moving quite fast though compared to my pacman one earlier.

g1.png

Tracks have aligned finally for a 48 hour span.

all2get.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I think we have reached a critical desalination point.

Grandfather lived in Sebastian FL up until a little while ago. I remember being down there when a storm came through and the road outside turning into a river. Parents are going off yesterday about how he'd be fine if he was down there, because 'the house was constructed out of brick.' Didn't have the heart to say anything.

Hubris is a funny thing. Family's had a beach cottage down in Westport passing between hands since the early 60s. Uncle bought it up and plans to renovate/modernize it, but he's not planning a single update to make the place safer. You walk a half-block down the road and there is sand dunes that are eating up the remains of 50+ buildings that were completely obliterated the last time a sizeable hurricane came through.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grandfather lived in Sebastian FL up until a little while ago. I remember being down there when a storm came through and the road outside turning into a river. Parents are going off yesterday about how he'd be fine if he was down there, because 'the house was constructed out of brick.' Didn't have the heart to say anything.

Hubris is a funny thing. Family's had a beach cottage down in Westport passing between hands since the early 60s. Uncle bought it up and plans to renovate/modernize it, but he's not planning a single update to make the place safer. You walk a half-block down the road and there is sand dunes that are eating up the remains of 50+ buildings that were completely obliterated the last time a sizeable hurricane came through.

I wish people would just take this time to gtfo and take a vacation somewhere. The price you pay for being wrong is your families lives. If your right and everything is fine then grats, you stayed in your home and couldn't do shit. If you are wrong you are dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I wish people would just take this time to gtfo and take a vacation somewhere. The price you pay for being wrong is your families lives. If your right and everything is fine then grats, you stayed in your home and couldn't do shit. If you are wrong you are dead.

Darwin gonna darwin.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Shhhh, lots of choice land available for purchase right after

• 1Worf

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>

My brother-in-law planned to stay in the Keys, on Marathon. My wife and mother-in-law were going fucking nuts. His house is single-story and right on the water (Gulf side); basically he's about 6 inches above sea level. If there's even the smallest surge he'd be dead.

When my wife told me he as staying, I said, "I hope his insurance is up to date." She thought I was talking about home insurance. I think that got to her - she started calling, texting, and e-mailing constantly. He may have relented finally. He says now he's going to leave "late Friday or early Saturday", if he's not lying just to make his mother and sister shut up. But even if he does leave in time, WHERE IS HE GOING TO GO? No friends house, no hotels, nothing. Fuck, didn't think that through, did ya?

People ain't got no common sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
if you have a 2 or 3 story concrete home with metal shutters for the windows, then you should be ok in just about any hurricane, right?
Speaking of, I saw an article about Richard Branson after Irma had passed over his island, and I was just thinking "What a fucking attention whore." Dude's a motherfucking billionaire. Absolutely no reason for him to be there. But it was all about how scary it was being in their wine cellar or whatever the fuck. What a gigantic faggot.

Those last few images of the pier or whatever it is (where all the street performers usually are) is eerie as shit.

welp.jpg

Yeaaaaah.
#Fakenews. There was one I posted a few pages ago that was more accurate. The scale on both of those hurricanes in this one is wrong.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My brother-in-law planned to stay in the Keys, on Marathon. My wife and mother-in-law were going fucking nuts. His house is single-story and right on the water (Gulf side); basically he's about 6 inches above sea level. If there's even the smallest surge he'd be dead.

When my wife told me he as staying, I said, "I hope his insurance is up to date." She thought I was talking about home insurance. I think that got to her - she started calling, texting, and e-mailing constantly. He may have relented finally. He says now he's going to leave "late Friday or early Saturday", if he's not lying just to make his mother and sister shut up. But even if he does leave in time, WHERE IS HE GOING TO GO? No friends house, no hotels, nothing. Fuck, didn't think that through, did ya?

People ain't got no common sense.

I'd go to Key West and break into one of the boarded up buildings and hope for the best.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of, I saw an article about Richard Branson after Irma had passed over his island, and I was just thinking "What a fucking attention whore." Dude's a motherfucking billionaire. Absolutely no reason for him to be there. But it was all about how scary it was being in their wine cellar or whatever the fuck. What a gigantic faggot.

No joke. Dude could have had a nice private helicopter flight out of there at ANY time.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
holy fuck...you could fit more than a few Andrews inside Irma, what a whore!

That map makes it look like she's actually bigger than Fl, AL, MS, LA, and TX combined. Not sure on that.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You probably wouldn't have nearly as many people trying to hunker down and ride out storms if they didn't prevent residents from going back in for so long. I'm fine with making people prove they live in there, but let people go back and see how bad it is for fucks sake.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
That map makes it look like she's actually bigger than Fl, AL, MS, LA, and TX combined. Not sure on that.
President: What is this thing?
Borzak: It's an hurricane, sir.
President: How big are we talking?
Scientist: Sir, our best estimate is 97.6 billion…
Borzak: It's the size of Texas, Mr. President.
President: Dan, we didn't see this thing coming?
Borzak: Well, our weather satellite budget's about a million dollars a year. That allows us to track about 3% of the ocean, and begging your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass ocean.
President: Is this, going to hit us?
Borzak: We're efforting that as we speak sir.
President: What kind of damage?
Borzak: Damage? A total, sir. It's what we call a Florida killer. The end of all Cubans. Doesn't matter where it hits, nothing would survive, not even bacteria.
President: My God. What do we do?

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Borzak: Damage? A total, sir. It's what we call a Florida killer. The end of all Cubans. Doesn't matter where it hits, nothing would survive, not even bacteria.

It was kind of dumb up until "The end of all cubans"

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
It was kind of dumb up until "The end of all cubans"
Well it was a copy pasta of Armageddon script with ocean and that line added and Truman changed to Borzak so the quality of the conversation was obviously low.

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Well it was a copy pasta of Armageddon script with ocean and that line added and Truman changed to Borzak so the quality of the conversation was obviously low.

Oh I never saw that. With shit like "we're efforting that" I thought for sure it was all original chuk.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just find it odd in that pic it almost looks like the hurrican would rach from the keys to El Paso.

• 1Like