Weather

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I hope he's getting roasted in the comments for bragging about having enough money to safely build an extra house in a flood plain while thousands of people are still unaccounted for. At least that crazy mayor in Japan saved an entire village from getting wiped out, and he had the grace and decency not to brag about it on account of having died years before the tsunami struck.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I hope he's getting roasted in the comments for bragging about having enough money to safely build an extra house in a flood plain while thousands of people are still unaccounted for. At least that crazy mayor in Japan saved an entire village from getting wiped out, and he had the grace and decency not to brag about it on account of having died years before the tsunami struck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What’s this now?
A mayor of a coastal village of about 3k people in Japan named Fudai insisted on what was considered a wasteful and unnecessarily large flood gate to protect the cove that most of the village was built along but he managed to push the project through despite the opposition and in 1984 after 12 years of work it was finished, 51 feet tall and 673 feet long. He died in 1997 so didn't get see his 'unnecessarily large' flood gate save the village from the 2011 tsunami when villages elsewhere on the coast with more traditionally sized walls were ravaged horribly. Fudai's only casualty was a man who thought it would be a good idea to check on his boat after the earthquake.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ya all the coastal valleys have great weather all year long... it’s why silicon valley exists where it does. Go inland a bit and it’s all fucked you get an 8 month 90-110 summer every year.
yah, once you get over whatever those hills/mountains are called it get's pretty damn hot for a lot of the year. Most of that corridor along the 5 is hot as balls, the only redeeming quality of the drive is pretty much everyone hauls ass so you can make pretty good time

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
That guy bragging about his house isn't even showing a Helene pic. Apparently the one on the right is an old one from a previous situation and the one on the left is a more recent pic with new siding.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I read through the comments a couple days ago and he oddly was responding to most of them. People pointed out the siding didn't match. And apparently, yes, that's not even flooding from Helene. I don't know what the fuck the guy is trying to do, but he seems like an idiot and an asshole.