Weather

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have this convo a lot with people. There is a price you may one day pay for living on the coast down here. I feel bad for those people... but...
You accept that there is a small possibility that one day your house may go underwater. You choose to live there you choose to dance with the Devil every storm season. Its why I have always chosen to live about 15-20 miles from the water. A> I am not a big boat person and B> I am not a big fan of seeing my house go underwater. I'm willing to drive 15 minutes to the water because that 15 miles makes all the difference in the word when it comes to storm surge.

I have zero standing water anywhere in my neighborhood. 15 minutes away last night they were using airboats to rescue people in the downtown because of 6' of water. In downtown. This is about 8 hours after it peaked last night...

View attachment 548637

Won't anyone think of rich people in coastal communities???

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
Wishing all our Florida bros well.
1727449889252.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Power has been out about 4 hours. Neighbors walnut tree up rooted in one side and leaned into our detached carport pushing it into the house. After the wind stopped, it the stood back up. Carport is all out of shape and just appears to be a dent in the house .
The neighbor is a power line worker so probably won't see him for a month.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No real issues here. I feel like we got lucky with the eye going right over as opposed to be on the North Eastern side of the eye.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user