Weight Loss Thread

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
"Chocolate & Blueberry Protein pancakes with coconut for breakfast today"

Strength Sensei's High Protein Pancakes - Strength Sensei

Here is your Sensei's pancake recipe, to which said poster added chocolate and blueberries.

2 full scoops of Mt. Capra Caprotein (goat protein)
12 ounces of organic whole goat milk
Two cage free eggs
3 ounces of melted butter
1 & ? cups of Whole Foods Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
8 ounces of apple sauce. My favorite is Whole foods Organic Applesauce with berries.
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg.

Yes, I am sure that the chocolate, blueberries, applesauce and pancake and waffle mix (made from rice) were all carb free.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
lol, no. Stick to protein/fats at breakfast. In fact, the only time you should deviate from a protein/fat meal is after you train, have protein/carbs after training
So now, carb days are okay?

Whatever dude. I quoted dietitians, a whole thread of successful people, and referred to professional trainers that I have consulted, and my own experience. I presume since you are so adamant about it that this program has worked for you so perhaps either is valid.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Like I said, reading isn't one of your strong points. Do you need me to explain what a carb day is? HINT, a carb day is not for someone that wants to lose weight.
A carb day would either be for someone that wants to gain muscle mass and is cycling days of low/medium/high carb intake. Or someone that wants to lose weight and is low carb for the majority of time and is having a carb refeed day. A refeed day would be a once a fortnight thing. Regardless, that breakfast is not something he is telling people to eat every day.

And it's already been explained to you that your dietician links have no value when it comes to body composition.

Do I need to say again that reading isn't one of your strong points?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A carb day would either be for someone that wants to gain muscle mass and is cycling days of low/medium/high carb intake. Or someone that wants to lose weight and is low carb for the majority of time and is having a carb refeed day. A refeed day would be a once a fortnight thing. Regardless, that breakfast is not something he is telling people to eat every day.

And it's already been explained to you that your dietician links have no value when it comes to body composition.

Do I need to say again that reading isn't one of your strong points?
I suppose this is the internet, so all of this doesn't really matter, but just for the simple fact that you are being a fucking ass, I'd never follow a single thing you ever posted, regardless of how accurate it was. To each their own I guess though, right?

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I suppose this is the internet, so all of this doesn't really matter, but just for the simple fact that you are being a fucking ass, I'd never follow a single thing you ever posted, regardless of how accurate it was. To each their own I guess though, right?
Is that meant to make me feel bad? And I guess your reading skills are about as good as BrotherWho. I posted links to people that actually get body transformation results in their clients e.g not a bunch of irrelevant dietician links, he was the one who had to reply and trawl those links in order to disprove what I posted, and he failed in that.

Couldn't care less, I spend more time reading about body composition than the two of you combined. Go cry together into a bowl of froot loops

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I don't follow this thread much. Is Ossoi the Lumie of the Grown Up forum?

Here's one of the guys I quoted who doesn't know anything about body composition.

rrr_img_92002.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is that meant to make me feel bad? And I guess your reading skills are about as good as BrotherWho. I posted links to people that actually get body transformation results in their clients e.g not a bunch of irrelevant dietician links, he was the one who had to reply and trawl those links in order to disprove what I posted, and he failed in that.

Couldn't care less, I spend more time reading about body composition than the two of you combined. Go cry together into a bowl of froot loops
Are you drunk?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't mind Ossoi.

Here is what people who have no critical thinking skills hear when people talk about the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle:

"It's the only way to live! Carbs, YES ALL CARBS ON EARTH, are the fucking devil and make everyone fat. Don't be a dummy, put less carbs in your tummy. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong."

Here is what people who do have critical thinking skills hear when people talk about the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle:

"Certain carbohydrates seem to have very little nutritional value and some correlation has been drawn between overeating carbs, especially starchy carbs like white rice and white potatoes, and especially sugar, and a plethora of health related issues, most notably obesity. Carbs aren't bad, there are tons of very healthy carbs out there but it's easier to succeed at dieting by staying low-carb because literally every shitty processed piece of garbage food that very literally makes people fat and unhealthy is laden with carbs. So by telling someone to eat low-carb it makes it very easy for them to understand they need to avoid things that seem healthy but really aren't, like fruit juice".

I always recommend low carb because it worked for me, was very easy to adhere to, and generally doesn't make you feel like you're starving yourself. Ketosis also jump starts weight loss and can have profound effects, especially on obese people.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Heh, yeah carbs are great at breakfast and eating carbs whenever you want is fine, that's why obesity is so low everywhere right now and has declined in the last thirty years

Slow death of Kellogg's cereal - Business Insider
I said "light carbs" such as banana, some oatmeal or a piece of whole wheat toast at breakfast, with protein. I usually do three boiled eggs and a banana.

Other than that, I only advocated carbs after the workout. You know, insulin, protein synthesis, yadda yadda.

Hate to go Hodj on you, Lumie, but you're making a straw man fallacy.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Don't mind Ossoi.

Here is what people who have no critical thinking skills hear when people talk about the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle:

"It's the only way to live! Carbs, YES ALL CARBS ON EARTH, are the fucking devil and make everyone fat. Don't be a dummy, put less carbs in your tummy. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong."

Here is what people who do have critical thinking skills hear when people talk about the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle:

"Certain carbohydrates seem to have very little nutritional value and some correlation has been drawn between overeating carbs, especially starchy carbs like white rice and white potatoes, and especially sugar, and a plethora of health related issues, most notably obesity. Carbs aren't bad, there are tons of very healthy carbs out there but it's easier to succeed at dieting by staying low-carb because literally every shitty processed piece of garbage food that very literally makes people fat and unhealthy is laden with carbs. So by telling someone to eat low-carb it makes it very easy for them to understand they need to avoid things that seem healthy but really aren't, like fruit juice".

I always recommend low carb because it worked for me, was very easy to adhere to, and generally doesn't make you feel like you're starving yourself. Ketosis also jump starts weight loss and can have profound effects, especially on obese people.
completely irrelevant reply but nevermind.

a) nobody was discussing keto.
b) I was advocating a carb cycling approach, which is basically a Targeted Keto Diet

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I said "light carbs" such as banana, some oatmeal or a piece of whole wheat toast at breakfast, with protein. I usually do three boiled eggs and a banana.
you quoted a bunch of links from doctors and dieticians. They have about as much relevance on body composition as links to farmers weekly or whatever.

Then, when I posted links from notable people who excel at getting body improvement results, you thought you'd be smart by skim reading and debunking. Except you failed miserably at that. Then you decided to trawl the Poliquin website until you found an article that contradicted me, and you couldn't even tell that the first nine words of that article actually contradicted you.

Now you're backtracking and claiming you only advocated "light carbs", I'd still only ever eat a banana or oatmeal after the gym.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
you quoted a bunch of links from doctors and dieticians. They have about as much relevance on body composition as links to farmers weekly or whatever.

Then, when I posted links from notable people who excel at getting body improvement results, you thought you'd be smart by skim reading and debunking. Except you failed miserably at that. Then you decided to trawl the Poliquin website until you found an article that contradicted me, and you couldn't even tell that the first nine words of that article actually contradicted you.

Now you're backtracking and claiming you only advocated "light carbs", I'd still only ever eat a banana or oatmeal after the gym.
I'm not backtracking you stupid shit, read my original post.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Careful or Himeo is going to waddle in and tell us how we're all eating poison.