Weight Loss Thread

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
We're all middle aged here at this point and we're telling you this is a non issue. At 180 you'll probably still be 15%+ bodyfat. Faces don't start to look drawn out until ~5%.

We'll see. I dropped down to 175 , maybe less, in my early 40's due to stress from changing jobs and some other shit I had going on and I had people close to me saying I looked sickly, etc. Truth is I am no longer concerned on how I "look", I just want to drop 40lbs so I can move better , be healthier and just have less bulk so I can fit into cramped spaces easier (i've mentiond I work for an airline, you can imagine).

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We'll see. I dropped down to 175 , maybe less, in my early 40's due to stress from changing jobs and some other shit I had going on and I had people close to me saying I looked sickly, etc. Truth is I am no longer concerned on how I "look", I just want to drop 40lbs so I can move better , be healthier and just have less bulk so I can fit into cramped spaces easier (i've mentiond I work for an airline, you can imagine).
And how many of those people were overweight? I work out daily and track my nutrition, and the only people who tell me that are fat fucks projecting insecurities on me.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
And how many of those people were overweight? I work out daily and track my nutrition, and the only people who tell me that are fat fucks projecting insecurities on me.

Actually none of them. But I get your point. At my age I just want to be moderate. I'm perfectly fine with a "dad bod" and think that will be my long term equilibrium.

For my OWN preference in looks on others, ESPECIALLY middle aged or older. I do think the low body fat individuals are less attractive and look older than the dad bods of the world. Which is fine for me, its easier to maintain dad bod than work out daily and be cut.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
We agree there. It's definitely easier to be overweight than to maintain a healthy diet and activity level.

This made me think of something. You know when younger you hit the clubs and sometimes you see these 60 year olds mingling with a snap back hat on and tommy hilfinger shirt or something and kind of shake your head?

I think in our society (since we are so use to seeing fat people), seeing fit and low-body fat old folks subconsciously gives a similar vibe. Like "look at that try hard, can't act his age trying to still be a stud". Maybe this is just reserved to roided weight lifters, but its a thing.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Like "look at that try hard, can't act his age trying to still be a stud".

This is what people are referring to by projection. Why in the hell would making a commitment to health be a negative? Believe me, I'm fully aware that I never have and will never be that kind of "stud". I've had enough orthopedic issues that even at 45 I've had to reconcile myself with living in an aging body of increasing frailty. Personally, I want to be healthy so I can maximize my chances of being vigorous in my old age for my wife, kids, and future grandkids. Plus, being fit improves basically every aspect of the experience of your own life.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We'll see. I dropped down to 175 , maybe less, in my early 40's due to stress from changing jobs and some other shit I had going on and I had people close to me saying I looked sickly, etc.
It wasnt the weight loss. It was why you lost it. Lose that same 40 from exercise and healthy eating and it will look totally different.

• 4Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This made me think of something. You know when younger you hit the clubs and sometimes you see these 60 year olds mingling with a snap back hat on and tommy hilfinger shirt or something and kind of shake your head?

I think in our society (since we are so use to seeing fat people), seeing fit and low-body fat old folks subconsciously gives a similar vibe. Like "look at that try hard, can't act his age trying to still be a stud". Maybe this is just reserved to roided weight lifters, but its a thing.
Its perception. We dont see ourselves at 50 the way a 30 year old sees us at 50. We have seen ourselves every day for 50 years and the changes are incredibly subtle (cancer shit not withstanding) over that time.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Miracle drug is supposed to arrive by 8pm tomorrow............ just had the last piece of a pumpkin pie to celebrate...

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Quality Calories

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why would I shake my head at someone enjoying their life not bothering me in any way?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Best weight-loss program ever: Chemo and radiation. I'm 6'2" and am currently weighing in at 160. But I'm starting to gain again now as my treatment has been over for a bit. I'm usually about 175.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Took my first shot of tirzepatide last night. Don't really feel anything yet. Ate less than usual but only because I wanted to avoid the getting sick if eating too much syndrome. Already fell down a rabbit hole that lead me to ..... bodybuilder steroid forums and Chinese chemical plants that do business via email and whats app in search of how people are getting this stuff on the cheap. My future supplier posted her tits on the BB forum and claimed to be a tranny from the Chinese interior.....

If I disappear, it was a bad batch.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Swedish fish for me
I can eat them until I feel physically ill, and still reach for more. I also ate a 2lb box of this in an evening once, no worse for wear that night or next day. No idea how I don't have the 'betus, I'm some kind of medical marvel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user