What do you do?

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It's basically a way for someone to say "we need to get our shit together" when they are too dorky or too churchy to say the word "shit".

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'm a warehouse manager at a stone and tile importer. I basically get to deal with all the beautiful things you want to put in your home. Great laid back company culture. Hot designers working the showroom, and a dedicated man cave (my office) for the guys to come shit talk. I rarely deal with home owners or outside designers; mainly just fabricators and their minions. Lots of Illegals, Eastern Europeans, and Israelis; salt of the earth types.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I always thought his avatar was Vince McMahon...
Screenshot%2B(7829).png

Screenshot%2B(7829).png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I *love* poop in a group

Moving sideways to a project manager position, got brought up for the position by a guy about 4 levels up so that was cool.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me, or does the IT Industry feel a bit incestuous? I'm getting my first taste of it as I applied for and have a phone interview for a job that 2 other people from my same job and position have gone for and gotten with a different company. I feel a bit weird piling on behind them, but the job is great, and that's probably more the reason than anything else.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Is it just me, or does the IT Industry feel a bit incestuous? I'm getting my first taste of it as I applied for and have a phone interview for a job that 2 other people from my same job and position have gone for and gotten with a different company. I feel a bit weird piling on behind them, but the job is great, and that's probably more the reason than anything else.
IT is huge. Try the DoD ChemBio community. A few years ago a current coworker applied for my job I was leaving for my new one. Last week she toom the job a lady had that she just left to join us. Every one of those positions interacts with the same people

Crone

IT is huge. Try the DoD ChemBio community. A few years ago a current coworker applied for my job I was leaving for my new one. Last week she toom the job a lady had that she just left to join us. Every one of those positions interacts with the same people
Yea, that is much more weird. Benefits of it all is that you know what to expect, and the assholes can't hide! Everyone knows everybody.

Picasso3

No seriously this place is the best. There's something kind of addicting about having a NOC full of people running around waving their arms about how everything is on fire and how all of our biggest customers are going to cancel their contracts and we're all going to be fired and our badges deactivated before we wake up the next morning. This includes my manager who is the most frantic and hysterical of all of us. Every shift is one rolling shitshow from start to finish and if you do somehow make a delicious turd sandwich out of the pile of flaming shit that gets dumped in your lap the moment you walk in the doors, you do frequently get heaps of praise dumped upon you.

Now if that actually came with a raise instead of the occasional 100 dollar gift card, that'd be pretty nice.

I got a 100 dollar gift card bonus at my first job.

I'm not that that job anymore.

Crone

Job interview today for a job that 2 previous co-workers have gotten already. Was referred to this job by one of them, so the process has all moved pretty quick. Thought about bringing in a box of chocolates to the interview given its V-day, but decided against it.

This is where the previous incestuous comments had come from, as with 2 previous co-workers also going for and getting this job, it felt a little weird to also go for it, but hey, if they are hiring, and we all wouldn't be working together anyway, just doing the same job function.

Picasso3

Previous employer contacted about hourly work. I'm guessing i would be an independent contractor. No conflict problems but i have no idea how the professional liability would work. If my dam collapses because I'm liberal, would they sue my employer, me as an independent contractor, or everyone? Should I have separate insurance etc. Could they just hire be on as an hourly and it'd be ok if i worked 0 hours some weeks? I'm guessing independent would have big time tax advantages, could write off my jack station etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user