What If...?

Cybsled

The 1602 episode that came out today was cool. Guess we find out what Supreme Strange is up to tomorrow

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish all shows did the episode per day thing. That works so much nicer than once per week.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fun finale. Good season. Bring on a third.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was nicely done. Its a shame that the movies of late, cannot have this kind of story quality to them. My only minor nitpick..

Where was Hela of Life/Light? I was fully expecting her to make an appearance at some point given how the stories were told.

Cybsled

She probably just wasn't captured. But ya, really solid finale. Last 3 episodes were my overall favorites. That teaser shot at the end of the last episode was pretty cool if you watched the Loki finale.

I did like how Supreme Strange slipped back into his grief/obsession - it felt a little too clean in season 1 for him to suddenly move beyond that. Plus him ultimately sacrificing himself in the end to bring Christine and that universe back to life was a fitting redemption for him and shows that he did truly love her

Also, Peggy getting boosted with all that gear reminded me of an uber raider being fed items via officer choice lol

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not bad, but I wish they would've spread the love around a bit more for the final good guys instead of sweating those two girls to death.

Hopefully next season has some actual quality content instead of making it so goofy or girl power.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's no evidence any of this will matter long term to The Franchise, so its just the question if the rushed storylines work for you.

That said, if Episode 1 with its Blade Runner vibe, plausible character mashups (Jude Law / Korg / Howard the Duck / etc. in a space setting), and mostly original voice actors didn't do anything for you, then no, you should probably quit now.
watched hem anyway. the indian ep was the worst

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That last episode was action packed but rather silly with peggy's upgraded suit. She could fix everything pretty easy, but nah let's have fights like she isn't OP.

Fucker

Log Wizard
That last episode was action packed but rather silly with peggy's upgraded suit. She could fix everything pretty easy, but nah let's have fights like she isn't OP.
Whole season was nothing but woke girl power trash. Standard hate whitey Pocahantus shit, final boss standard bad white man defeated by two women shit.

They really need to fire everyone and put this MCU IP to rest either for good or for 20+ years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whole season was nothing but woke girl power trash. Standard hate whitey Pocahantus shit, final boss standard bad white man defeated by two women shit.

They really need to fire everyone and put this MCU IP to rest either for good or for 20+ years.
Yeah I guess, they threw Peter quill a bone and whatever shit happened to Happy. It still was entertaining.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
it was the most kill whitey episode i ever seen.
They can get away with this because even in an ""alt-right"" community like ours, the majority of people have swallowed revisionist history and think the white guys were evil invaders and the natives were peaceful nature hippies.

American Indian race baiting was the foot in the door that got us to where we are today. It is one of the earliest examples of fake made up US history. And its been damn near 100% successful.

When all other race baiting fails they will always fall back on that one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
They can get away with this because even in an ""alt-right"" community like ours, the majority of people have swallowed revisionist history and think the white guys were evil invaders and the natives were peaceful nature hippies.

American Indian race baiting was the foot in the door that got us to where we are today. It is one of the earliest examples of fake made up US history. And its been damn near 100% successful.

My boss who is a dances with wolves half white quarter Indian gave me a inroads to casually drop the choctaw Chickasaw slave book and opened a wider discussion on plains Indians the displacement of the Pawnee and Blackfoot and crow by the Sioux and shit from the great lakes it was funny as fuck watching him have to come to terms with that narrative being bullshit

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Lucky I didn't get taught that shit in Catholic school. What I read is the Spaniards were looked at as gods when they arrived because they were white like their God and rode horses. So everyone got along at first. Was only after many years that things went sour. I don't know when that big deadly sickness that wiped most of the indians out was supposed to happen, but if that actually did happen, it wasn't intentional.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That hela episode was such dogshit writing. Schizophrenic wild swings in motivation and goals. So we end up with a commie liberator fantasy with the godess of death. Utter dogshit.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't know when that big deadly sickness that wiped most of the indians out was supposed to happen, but if that actually did happen, it wasn't intentional.
It spread through the Americas like wildfire after first contact with the Spanish and Portuguese explorers, long before the colonial era. When the colonists arrived they were greeted with tales of a great plague that wiped everyone out long ago.

Then a few hundred years later their ancestors made up stories about white man bad. As someone fascinated by the actual history of these interactions, the revisionist history on this point makes me sicker than the modern equivalent (Trayvon & Floyd).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It spread through the Americas like wildfire after first contact with the Spanish and Portuguese explorers, long before the colonial era. When the colonists arrived they were greeted with tales of a great plague that wiped everyone out long ago.

Then a few hundred years later their ancestors made up stories about white man bad. As someone fascinated by the actual history of these interactions, the revisionist history on this point makes me sicker than the modern equivalent (Trayvon & Floyd).
Roughly 85% of the population of north American Indians was wiped out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Disease was the main factor in the conquest of the New World. It's quite feasible that colonization would never have been as rapid as it was in our history if that were not the case. That and existing political rivalries that fractured what could have been a unified front against European colonization attempts. The Aztecs alone would have probably wiped out the Conquistadors with just a numbers advantage had they not been weakened by disease and the Spanish not getting assistance from rivals of the Aztec (Conquistadors were assholes, but the Aztec were assholes as well, so it quickly became an enemy of my enemy is my friend situation).