What vehicle do you drive?

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor

I had kinda dreamed about putting knobbies on the F type kinda like ive seen people do to cayennes or a few normal porsches. I just wouldn't be willing to try and go crazy lifting and actually making it a real off road thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pipsqueak pillow. She's had it for a long time, and I still have no idea how it makes her comfortable.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hype mode engage. Tesla Robotaxi and Robovan unveiled. Fully autonomous tests on public roads in Texas and California next year.

1728641590830.png

1728641682326.png

Full presentation below, it started late (as is tradition), skip to around 54 minutes in for the start. Some robot stuff too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hype mode engage. Tesla Robotaxi and Robovan unveiled. Fully autonomous tests on public roads in Texas and California next year.

View attachment 551966

View attachment 551968

Full presentation below, it started late (as is tradition), skip to around 54 minutes in for the start. Some robot stuff too.

It sounds reasonable to me that the company saying "one more year" for FSD for the last decade is going to only need two more years. That's like twice the time!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sounds reasonable to me that the company saying "one more year" for FSD for the last decade is going to only need two more years. That's like twice the time!

Yeah I'm skeptical of the timeline too, it seems like a big leap of faith is required from automated driving with the possibility of human intervention to a car where that is not possible. Both for drivers (passengers?) and regulatory agencies.

I enjoy driving too much to be interested in being driven around by anyone else (human or otherwise) but at the same time I'm impressed by the progress that is being made. The fact that a car can do even a little self driving with nothing but camera input is already amazing. It's like a million times harder than an autopilot for an aircraft.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I'm skeptical of the timeline too, it seems like a big leap of faith is required from automated driving with the possibility of human intervention to a car where that is not possible. Both for drivers (passengers?) and regulatory agencies.

I enjoy driving too much to be interested in being driven around by anyone else (human or otherwise) but at the same time I'm impressed by the progress that is being made. The fact that a car can do even a little self driving with nothing but camera input is already amazing. It's like a million times harder than an autopilot for an aircraft.
Well they said no steering wheel or pedals, but that doesn't mean they can't add some pop up joystick control device or something. I think it'll just get a steering wheel and pedals in the end, if it comes out at all.

I'm highly skeptical of the 2 seat thing though. It seems like they could have just you know released the model 3 with no controls if that's what they're desperate to do. The price tag for two doors and chairs can't be that bad.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Well they said no steering wheel or pedals, but that doesn't mean they can't add some pop up joystick control device or something. I think it'll just get a steering wheel and pedals in the end, if it comes out at all.

I'm highly skeptical of the 2 seat thing though. It seems like they could have just you know released the model 3 with no controls if that's what they're desperate to do. The price tag for two doors and chairs can't be that bad.
I think they are designed to be the least expensive as possible. At least to build. No glass roof minimal exterior. Kind of like the look of the taxi. A normal car with that design would be a pretty decent commuter. Remind me a tiny bit of the 90 Honda CRX. It might be a peak at what the model 2 would look like.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I can see the look of the van being divisive, but I kind of like it. Reminds me of luxury trains in the 1930s.

1728653210303.png

• 3Like

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 551966

View attachment 551968

Well it did not run down the bikers, so that was a negative.

The robot is more interesting to me. That did look descent. The cost will be interesting.

The train/toaster looks to ride very well on a nice smooth surface.

I think both Google and Amazon are currently testing their auto cars in cities now.

Its something.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want to drive in this amazing fall weather and everything is in the shop for maintenance or in a garage in another town. I’m running out of things to talk to my dogs about.

Achaeus

Trakanon Raider
I did some work to my car this year. I hope you like. If so, you can find more on Instagram @m8_comp

Attachments

• ADK Eurofest '24.jpg
    ADK Eurofest '24.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 3Like