Whats rustling your jimmies?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You only have to warm up your engine if you've removed the muffler. Then you need to gun it a good 10-15 times whenever you are stopped.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
You only have to warm up your engine if you've removed the muffler. Then you need to gun it a good 10-15 times whenever you are stopped.
Hey I have no muffler
frown.png
Or catalytic converter.....or dpf, or nox.....
frown.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except that warming it up does none of that except waste fuel. And then your transmission isn't warmed up if you decide to give it full throttle once the engine is up to temp.
Incorrect, Sir...sort of. Most mass-produced cars have shit built into the software because most consumers are pants-on-head ratarded when it comes to cars. But, it is better to let the car "warm up" before driving. By warm up, I mean let the fluids circulate (oil, water, coolant, transmission, diff) before being a hoon. I do the same thing LurkingDirk is talking about - and always have - with my cars and bikes. Get in, start it up, THEN adjust shit, plug in phone, etc. Until the vehicle registers a temp (or temp change, depending on the gauge) I don't shift aggressively or give it much gas.

I cared a lot less about that in my daily drivers that were leased for work. But, in my fun cars, I always do it. Anyway, you're right about the engine/trans coming up to temp together.

Not every car is designed to the same standards (or for the same customer base) and as such, should be treated differently. Diesel vehicles are a prime example. You can't operate them the exact same way as a Toyota Camry. One is a very high pressure engine with a very high RPM turbo operating under harsher conditions than most cars. The other is a soulless shit-box designed for people who've given up on life and don't give two shits about anything except getting from point A, to point B.

Standard cars for the sheeple = get in, start, drive. You'll be fine. High-strung, performance based cars and bikes = let the damn thing "warm up", let the fluids circulate, and take it easy for a few miles.

Today's rustle: Hernia. Ho-lee fuck, not fun. Just because most of your body can handle squats and dead lifts, don't assume ALL of your body can.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Incorrect, Sir...sort of. Most mass-produced cars have shit built into the software because most consumers are pants-on-head ratarded when it comes to cars. But, it is better to let the car "warm up" before driving. By warm up, I mean let the fluids circulate (oil, water, coolant, transmission, diff) before being a hoon. I do the same thing LurkingDirk is talking about - and always have - with my cars and bikes. Get in, start it up, THEN adjust shit, plug in phone, etc. Until the vehicle registers a temp (or temp change, depending on the gauge) I don't shift aggressively or give it much gas.

I cared a lot less about that in my daily drivers that were leased for work. But, in my fun cars, I always do it. Anyway, you're right about the engine/trans coming up to temp together.

Not every car is designed to the same standards (or for the same customer base) and as such, should be treated differently. Diesel vehicles are a prime example. You can't operate them the exact same way as a Toyota Camry. One is a very high pressure engine with a very high RPM turbo operating under harsher conditions than most cars. The other is a soulless shit-box designed for people who've given up on life and don't give two shits about anything except getting from point A, to point B.

Standard cars for the sheeple = get in, start, drive. You'll be fine. High-strung, performance based cars and bikes = let the damn thing "warm up", let the fluids circulate, and take it easy for a few miles.

Today's rustle: Hernia. Ho-lee fuck, not fun. Just because most of your body can handle squats and dead lifts, don't assume ALL of your body can.
Will you talk to my wife?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will you talk to my wife?
Yes I can. But, you do understand the standard payment of nudes of said wife with Sharpies, and your daughters phone number are part of the transaction? Just PM the times you're at work and I'll swing by the house to "talk" to her.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yes I can. But, you do understand the standard payment of nudes of said wife with Sharpies, and your daughters phone number are part of the transaction? Just PM the times you're at work and I'll swing by the house to "talk" to her.
My oldest daughters are 15. Probably not a good idea.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ultimate rustle: people quoting you and their responses making no sense or connection to the post they quoted.
The myth that cars dont' need to warm up was started by car manufacturers who want to sell you a new car more often.

How was it not already? Pink sock is as old as tub girl.
I don't actually know what or who tubgirl is either. I see enough references to her to know I don't wanna know.

I start and drive, 130k miles and nothing has killed me yet...
And BOOM your transmission falls out tomorrow. That's why I don't brag about how many miles I have on mine.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The myth that cars dont' need to warm up was started by car manufacturers who want to sell you a new car more often.

Oh.

Who knew a pretty legitimate rustle about someone's wife doing the exact opposite of what most of us do and what makes basic sense would turn into talk of fucking conspiracy.

Let's all agree the absurd extremes a few of you dumb fucks want to assume everyone else is embracing so you can argue your own absurd extremes are, well, absurd and extreme. I'm gonna go out on a pretty short limb here and say somewhere in the middle--between car manufacturers saying not to warm and engine as a conspiracy to get you to blow the engine so you have to buy a new car and modern engines being such an amazing feat of mechanics it's fine to get in and immediately gun it--is the most reasonable approach.

To wit, get in, start the engine, adjust your shit, then start driving. Why? Because that's normal, reasonable and what you dumb argumentative fucks do anyhow when you aren't arguing every little point in an effort to step on someone's rustles.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Oh.

Who knew a pretty legitimate rustle about someone's wife doing the exact opposite of what most of us do and what makes basic sense would turn into talk of fucking conspiracy.

Let's all agree the absurd extremes a few of you dumb fucks want to assume everyone else is embracing so you can argue your own absurd extremes are, well, absurd and extreme. I'm gonna go out on a pretty short limb here and say somewhere in the middle--between car manufacturers saying not to warm and engine as a conspiracy to get you to blow the engine so you have to buy a new car and modern engines being such an amazing feat of mechanics it's fine to get in and immediately gun it--is the most reasonable approach.

To wit, get in, start the engine, adjust your shit, then start driving. Why? Because that's normal, reasonable and what you dumb argumentative fucks do anyhow when you aren't arguing every little point in an effort to step on someone's rustles.
The end is nigh. The picassos are lying down with the dirks.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
TransUnion had a bad address on my credit report, so I put in a dispute. They don't have the address I live at on file yet (I moved 2 months ago) so they need proof of my current address now before they'll take care of the rest of my dispute. They'll only accept paper statements from utilities, pay stubs, etc. as proof of address and everything I do is all electronic, so can't use it! I guess I have to ask my utilities for a copy of my latest statement or something? Idk. Slightly rustled.