Whats rustling your jimmies?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider

Oh.

Who knew a pretty legitimate rustle about someone's wife doing the exact opposite of what most of us do and what makes basic sense would turn into talk of fucking conspiracy.

Let's all agree the absurd extremes a few of you dumb fucks want to assume everyone else is embracing so you can argue your own absurd extremes are, well, absurd and extreme. I'm gonna go out on a pretty short limb here and say somewhere in the middle--between car manufacturers saying not to warm and engine as a conspiracy to get you to blow the engine so you have to buy a new car and modern engines being such an amazing feat of mechanics it's fine to get in and immediately gun it--is the most reasonable approach.

To wit, get in, start the engine, adjust your shit, then start driving. Why? Because that's normal, reasonable and what you dumb argumentative fucks do anyhow when you aren't arguing every little point in an effort to step on someone's rustles.
Rustled

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
TransUnion had a bad address on my credit report, so I put in a dispute. They don't have the address I live at on file yet (I moved 2 months ago) so they need proof of my current address now before they'll take care of the rest of my dispute. They'll only accept paper statements from utilities, pay stubs, etc. as proof of address and everything I do is all electronic, so can't use it! I guess I have to ask my utilities for a copy of my latest statement or something? Idk. Slightly rustled.
If the electronic utility statement is exactly the same as the paper one you would get in the mail, just print one off and send it in. I've done that before and it's been accepted.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Bought a car last night and had a number of jimmy rustles all centered around the salesman being a dumbass. This was a used car, but it was from a big dealership, not one of those used car lots.

The car was as-is no warranty, but there were things not working that the dealership had just worked on. To get them fixed I had to ask the salesman does as-is mean you don't even warranty your own workmanship? Because there's a light broken right now on an assembly that you replaced. Sure looks like you broke it during installation. He had to check with the service manager.

We tried to buy it monday night but the salesman kept giving me shit to sign that didn't apply. We had cash and 2 of the 3 things I absolutely HAD to sign before seeing the finance guy were applications for credit. He couldn't understand why I would be resistant to filling out a credit app when I had the cash for the car in my pocket. He said they needed the info to report it (I'm assuming it was a suspicious activity report that gets sent to homeland security and tags me as a terrorist money launderer, but whatever). I told him OK great I'll give you what you need to file the SAR, but I'm not filling out a credit app!

One of the sheets specifically said delivery of the vehicle was dependent on my credit report being acceptable.

That same sheet also said in all caps (so it was yelling this) that I agree I have read and understood the stuff on the back. But there was no back. The salesman didn't even know there was a back. He said I was the first person to ever read the paperwork.

The only paper I signed that night was one that said I understand the dealership is making money off of this. I think that's my biggest Jimmy Rustle. Really? What the fuck happened where I have to sign a piece of paper acknowledging a car dealer is a business making money?

We decided to leave because it was late and come back earlier the next day. We went straight to the finance guy and it was so much smoother. He didn't want a credit app, he had the back of the other sheet, and he scratched out everything having to do with credit applications. Monday night I told my wife if it took more than 30 minutes it was the dealership's fault. We stayed over an hour before we decided to punt. Yesterday it was 30 minutes and I was like fuck yeah, see? I knew it shouldn't be that hard to buy a car for cash. Hell to be honest 10 minutes of that time was spent buying touchup paint from the service department.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bought a car last night and had a number of jimmy rustles all centered around the salesman being a dumbass. This was a used car, but it was from a big dealership, not one of those used car lots.

The car was as-is no warranty, but there were things not working that the dealership had just worked on. To get them fixed I had to ask the salesman does as-is mean you don't even warranty your own workmanship? Because there's a light broken right now on an assembly that you replaced. Sure looks like you broke it during installation. He had to check with the service manager.

We tried to buy it monday night but the salesman kept giving me shit to sign that didn't apply. We had cash and 2 of the 3 things I absolutely HAD to sign before seeing the finance guy were applications for credit. He couldn't understand why I would be resistant to filling out a credit app when I had the cash for the car in my pocket. He said they needed the info to report it (I'm assuming it was a suspicious activity report that gets sent to homeland security and tags me as a terrorist money launderer, but whatever). I told him OK great I'll give you what you need to file the SAR, but I'm not filling out a credit app!

One of the sheets specifically said delivery of the vehicle was dependent on my credit report being acceptable.

That same sheet also said in all caps (so it was yelling this) that I agree I have read and understood the stuff on the back. But there was no back. The salesman didn't even know there was a back. He said I was the first person to ever read the paperwork.

The only paper I signed that night was one that said I understand the dealership is making money off of this. I think that's my biggest Jimmy Rustle. Really? What the fuck happened where I have to sign a piece of paper acknowledging a car dealer is a business making money?

We decided to leave because it was late and come back earlier the next day. We went straight to the finance guy and it was so much smoother. He didn't want a credit app, he had the back of the other sheet, and he scratched out everything having to do with credit applications. Monday night I told my wife if it took more than 30 minutes it was the dealership's fault. We stayed over an hour before we decided to punt. Yesterday it was 30 minutes and I was like fuck yeah, see? I knew it shouldn't be that hard to buy a car for cash. Hell to be honest 10 minutes of that time was spent buying touchup paint from the service department.
Car dealerships are quite possibly one of the most backwards forms of business to exist. And of course theyre a government protected business, most states only allow new cars to be sold via a dealership.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The engineer who designed my mother's computer speakers is either an idiot or a troll. When you turn the dial down it raises the volume, and when you turn it up it lowers it. So when ever anyone needs to change the volume they end up doing the opposite of what they intuitively tried to do.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Probably wasn't designed that way. Some Chinese at a factory who is close to jumping out of a window hooked the wires up backwards. Depending on how easy it is to open, easy fix.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

I love it when the managers have to get involved at the slightest thing that doesn't involve you just forking over the asking price. What the fuck am I talking to this guy for if he makes no decisions? Just bring me the manager. It's ridiculous. Then when you walk by the managers are just sitting in the office bullshitting.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, you actually spoke to someone who can tie his shoelaces without help and it was basically painless. That's the best. I can't stand how stupid a lot of car salesman are. The quality of their customers is generally about even though. I had some random conversations with other customers about potential buys recently, and fuck me it was sad. I wouldn't want that job, but if I turned a little more toward the dark side I bet I could make a lot of money off these retards.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I love it when the managers have to get involved at the slightest thing that doesn't involve you just forking over the asking price. What the fuck am I talking to this guy for if he makes no decisions? Just bring me the manager. It's ridiculous. Then when you walk by the managers are just sitting in the office bullshitting.
I don't know if you know this, but the manager schtick is an old sales tactic called passing off. That manager isn't a manager. The salesmen act like managers for each other. I'm pretty sure they all have manager in their title these days. Floor manager, sales manager, finance manager, etc. My mom was a loan officer and knew the owners of a couple of dealerships because they were clients (car dealerships finance every vehicle on their lot, so they do a brisk business with the banks) and I remember they started playing that game with us. After the first manager she was like, hey can I just see joe? Joe? Yeah joe, the guy who's name is on the building. Well I don't know if he's even here ... Of course he is, I see his car in the parking lot, he's in that office over there. Just tell him who I am. She didn't want to use her connections but when they started passing us off I think it irritated her.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if you know this, but the manager schtick is an old sales tactic called passing off. That manager isn't a manager. The salesmen act like managers for each other. I'm pretty sure they all have manager in their title these days. Floor manager, sales manager, finance manager, etc. My mom was a loan officer and knew the owners of a couple of dealerships because they were clients (car dealerships finance every vehicle on their lot, so they do a brisk business with the banks) and I remember they started playing that game with us. After the first manager she was like, hey can I just see joe? Joe? Yeah joe, the guy who's name is on the building. Well I don't know if he's even here ... Of course he is, I see his car in the parking lot, he's in that office over there. Just tell him who I am. She didn't want to use her connections but when they started passing us off I think it irritated her.
Yea, I'm well aware, once they have you in the door and you're sitting there waiting on them to talk to the manager you get annoyed and just want it over with while you wait over and over and they waste your time.

I don't buy a lot of cars but typically I'll go see the car, then act like I have to go and just leave. Wait a couple days then negotiate with them by email or phone. Never negotiate sitting in the dealership, wasting your time and getting you invested is how they get you to make a bad decision.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Rustles my jimmies when people jerk off in the bathroom and don't clean up after themselves. I can handle a little urine on the seat, but there are lines and they have been crossed.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rustles my jimmies when people jerk off in the bathroom and don't clean up after themselves. I can handle a little urine on the seat, but there are lines and they have been crossed.
Plot twist: it was a toilet in your house.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Probably wasn't designed that way. Some Chinese at a factory who is close to jumping out of a window hooked the wires up backwards. Depending on how easy it is to open, easy fix.
Might give that a try.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Just got out of the shower and dressed and now I have to poop. Why must my body do this to me.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing sends me from calm to maximum over rustle faster than catching my ear bud cord on something and having them ripped out of my ears. If I could trade a pinky finger to the gods to have that never happen again the rest of my life I gladly would.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Nothing sends me from calm to maximum over rustle faster than catching my ear bud cord on something and having them ripped out of my ears. If I could trade a pinky finger to the gods to have that never happen again the rest of my life I gladly would.
Yesterday i got the belt loop of my pants caught on the door handle while i was bringing a client into my office. Stoped me dead in my tracks lol. Yes i had a belt on...

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This was one of the reasons I decided to try out some bluetooth earbuds.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yesterday i got the belt loop of my pants caught on the door handle while i was bringing a client into my office. Stoped me dead in my tracks lol. Yes i had a belt on...
Lol I bet you looked like a spaz when that happened.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Took my truck to the dealership for a check engine light. The code said it was a fault in the computer and only dealerships can reprogram the computers. Service Advisor calls me back and says it's basically a timer that has expired and threw the fault code. It's not affecting performance or anything else, it's just lighting up the light. I wouldn't even need to get it fixed if the check engine light being on wasn't an automatic fail on the annual inspection. The timer can't be reset so its $1200 to replace it. Fuck that shit, I'll try to find a used one that still has time left on the timer.

And the cherry on top, i went to pick it up and found out they left the windows down overnight and a fucking turd floater blew through. It was soaked. They spent at least 15 minutes with a shop vac trying to clean it, and when I got in my ass got soaked. Fuckers thought I wouldn't notice. Went 15 years never forgetting to roll my windows up, but 1 night at the dealership and they can't manage it. I don't even know what to do about that. I need to figure out what all it could have fucked up and keep an eye on those things.