Whats rustling your jimmies?

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
A few years ago we watched from a picture window as our dog chased a shunk in a large brush pile in the middle of a nice midwest winter -15 at the time. Luckily the in laws had a rusted out old truck, we threw her in the back and headed to the local DYI doggie wash. 1st we stopped at the local Dollar General and got dawn dish soap, peroxide, baking soda and a 12 pack of beer for us. Happy the place was heated and had hot water. It worked like a charm.

Growing up our dog got sprayed and we didn't realize until we opened the door and he ran in. It was all over.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People with handicap plates that don't park in handicap spaces should be shot on sight by police.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
People with handicap plates that don't park in handicap spaces should be shot on sight by police.
Like.. further away? What if all the handicap spots are taken, so they have to park further away, then someone leaves their spot, and it looks like there was an open handicap spot?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Like.. further away? What if all the handicap spots are taken, so they have to park further away, then someone leaves their spot, and it looks like there was an open handicap spot?
That's the risk you take.

No basically every place I go for the just part has like 25% or parking taken up by gay signals and most are handicap. Then the assholes park in regular spaces and there's no room to park because the 20 open spaces are all handicap.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Maybe their handicap is not knowing where to park.

Fast And Furious Mia GIF by The Fast Saga

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

i rarely see open handicap spaces. several places around me, like wal-mart, have a reserved for police spot in every row that is always open. when the police do show up, they just park in the fire lane.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
one of my biggest pet peeves is the ADA requirement of a certain % of handicap spots regardless of establishment.

Like the fucking Gym on an active duty military base has 25% of it's spots as handicap spots when there are 0 active duty handicap people and the civilians who may be handicapped who happen to work on base aren't allowed to use the fucking gym.

Sevens

Log Wizard
One of the problems with all the handicapped spots being taken is the ease at which someone can get a handicap placard. I have a condition called Macular degeneration (so basically my left eye is blind) and I have a handicap placard. I mean honestly why do I need one? I don't even drive.
here's something that rustles my jimmies, in the state I live in you have to be pretty much stone cold blind before you can't drive. I have terrible depth perception on account of my left eye being blind. I have trouble putting creamer in my coffee ( I have actually completely missed the cup before) and yet I could still get a license if I so wished. Just stupid.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1st time filling a homeowner claim
go talk to local agent, she sets everything up
claim agent calls - send me claim number to track online, sets up inspector visit
can't set up online account, will not send code to any phone.
call support, get pissed off as none of the options are for online access, give up
2 weeks later, inspector shows up, says can view his report online within 10 mins
go to make account again, call support, it finally recognizes i need online help, transfers me to a chick that does pet insurance
she sends me back into the menu, i just go to talk to default, after 20 mins, fixes the issue
make account, click track claim, no claim listed
call claim agent "yeah, my understanding, if you make an account after filing a claim, you won't be able to see it. maybe call support"
can you tell me what the inspector said? "no, that report only goes to the adjuster, 2-5 days they will finish that"

Palum

what Suineg set it to
1st time filling a homeowner claim
go talk to local agent, she sets everything up
claim agent calls - send me claim number to track online, sets up inspector visit
can't set up online account, will not send code to any phone.
call support, get pissed off as none of the options are for online access, give up
2 weeks later, inspector shows up, says can view his report online within 10 mins
go to make account again, call support, it finally recognizes i need online help, transfers me to a chick that does pet insurance
she sends me back into the menu, i just go to talk to default, after 20 mins, fixes the issue
make account, click track claim, no claim listed
call claim agent "yeah, my understanding, if you make an account after filing a claim, you won't be able to see it. maybe call support"
can you tell me what the inspector said? "no, that report only goes to the adjuster, 2-5 days they will finish that"
Lmao idiot insurance is to have not to use

• 2Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's the risk you take.

No basically every place I go for the just part has like 25% or parking taken up by gay signals and most are handicap. Then the assholes park in regular spaces and there's no room to park because the 20 open spaces are all handicap.
I wish I had this problem. There are times when I literally have to leave cause there is no place to park. I'm in a wheelchair, and have a van with a ramp that comes out, so if there is no van parking that has the open spot next to it, I simply can't park. The problem here in Cali is too many people with handicap placards that absolutely don't need them.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
One of the problems with all the handicapped spots being taken is the ease at which someone can get a handicap placard. I have a condition called Macular degeneration (so basically my left eye is blind) and I have a handicap placard. I mean honestly why do I need one? I don't even drive.
here's something that rustles my jimmies, in the state I live in you have to be pretty much stone cold blind before you can't drive. I have terrible depth perception on account of my left eye being blind. I have trouble putting creamer in my coffee ( I have actually completely missed the cup before) and yet I could still get a license if I so wished. Just stupid.
My 75yo boss lost an eye when he was 3 or 4 years old. The guy beats all of us at Cornhole and horse shoes every single year at the summer office bbq

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

And yet you are still a better driver than 110% of the females :p

/Kind of an expert on female drivers!

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
You use a bicycle instead of a car to get around iirc. Doesn't that require accurate depth perception as well?
It does, and I have ran off a few curbs. But at least the only one being hurt is myself and not a family with small children.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
My 75yo boss lost an eye when he was 3 or 4 years old. The guy beats all of us at Cornhole and horse shoes every single year at the summer office bbq
Yeah, with a lifetime of growing up with it you learn to compensate. I have become much better at dealing with it as I live with it over the years but I have to be mindful and always keep it in mind that what I am seeing may not actually line up with reality.

Edit: Rereading what I wrote here and I am either stoned or a complete moron (I mean this is Kamala Harris level word salad.." I have to be mindful and always keep it in mind" WTF?!!?

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, with a lifetime of growing up with it you learn to compensate. I have become much better at dealing with it as I live with it over the years but I have to be mindful and always keep it in mind that what I am seeing may not actually line up with reality.
Life comes at you fast

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Got this guy I've been tattooing for a while. I knew he was a player, I met a few of his girlfriends, he said he's been divorced for years, started tattooing this chick he began bringing round, they're getting laced up matching tattoos etc.

Yesterday he was supposed to start a big piece. All my texts to him go unresponded to which is unusual for him. Doesn't show for the appointment. I shrug and get another guy in to work on his sleeve. While I'm in between appointments I get a phone call from some lady.
Now, I'm not a dude and I don't lie to people, but I know there's a code to this shit, but the fact is that I just got a call on my personal business line that only my regulars get. So the conversation goes-

"Is this Z from [Big Box Store]..?"
"UhHHHHhh no. This is Z at [my shop.] Is this Donna?"
"---WHO IS DONNA?"

Long story short here's this guy's WIFE. It got bad fast. I shut down hard and basically had to tell this woman who is trying to track him down that no I don't know where he is and no I can't answer any more questions of that nature because what the fuck, but this guy's shit just got blown wide the fuck open (if it hadn't been already)...

• 3WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users