Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
your sister and I are going to move back to Tennessee and buy land, build a house, and I'm going to start a business". I was torn
So uhhhhh, what business is he going to start? What money is he going to buy the land and house with? What money will he start the business with?

Have you tried to buy the gas stove back from whoever they sold it to? If you buy a stove it's gotta be as close to the old one as you can get.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
It's pretty old. I just cant afford to replace it right now. Worked like a champ right until noon. I def. got my moneys worth, but the timing if terrible. 2 weeks from now I'd probably not need it until next spring.
I have a window unit in the 'computer room' it's cheaper than trying to cool the entire house to make that one room comfortable. When the main unit goes down I put out box fans and redneck engineer forced air through the house. Window unit is 12K Btu but it can make the house livable at least. The way this year is going Mur Mur I am not so sure you won't need it in 2 weeks. It was 103 this afternoon when we came back from dinner. I'm just 'over the hump' from you.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My mother is a stubborn woman insistent on living in her house if there is ANY way. Right now they're managing, like I said I'm about to drop a cheap stove in there to solve this problem. And as much as I bitch, my sister does care about mom and watches over her, helps her around the house, organizes all her medications, cleans the house, etc....

It's just anything involving money they're a negative impact player on.

There's a part of me that feels almost guilty because I have the money to make things easy on them, I make decent money and funding them doesn't honestly put a big financial strain or anything on me. And if it was just my sister I'd be doing it without thinking. But so long as she has a useless bump on a log of a husband I'm pissed that he hasn't managed to at least FEIGN at being a "man of the house".

Hell, as I said if my mom wasn't so stubborn she could be living with me and my wife right now.

At least my grandmother was smart (at the advice of my grandfather) and put the house in a trust with my mom, my uncle Danny (who is my one reasonably responsible uncle) and me listed as the beneficiaries as to protect it from bad financial decisions like "let's just take out mortgages on the family house!". My uncle Danny has already said he plans on just eventually signing over his part of it to me since I handle and take care of everything, and I'm my mom's legal P.O.A. so in theory I "control" the house at this point.

And the lump on a log a few days ago, when I was over there, and he and I were outside just openly said "Well, once your mom is gone, your sister and I are going to move back to Tennessee and buy land, build a house, and I'm going to start a business". I was torn between laughing at his thoughts that he'd be able to do any of that, and wanting to kick his ass over just openly planning on my mom's death.

Sorry for all the walls of text, it's been a long week and this is the place my brain decided to core dump.
Damn man that totally sucks. If you want to buy a truck I got a shithead sales manager that can call you. Ok just trying to be funny.

As far as the stubbornness, old peeps get weird about shit like that. We all have that to look forward to. My mom who lived alone , wanted to continue to live alone and die in her house. She lived in Eastern NC, my brother who was closest , lives 4 hours away. We tried to get her to move in with one of us but Nope. Sadly - thankfully? - wtf ever way , she passed before she was out of rehab.

If we lived close I'd come over and bring beer. family is a curse sometimes.