Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just had my bag gone through by a TSA agent who thought it needed some extra screening because I carry a lot of wires. He opened every zipper and put them all back wrong. Put shit back in the bag sideways. It's really triggering my tism. He also made me get rid of the lemon pepper I carry with me because it wasn't in it's original container. I guess I should be glad he didn't see the shampoo that also wasn't in it's original container. Or the soap. Or what about those charging cables? They're in a ziplock bag, that's certainly not the original container.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just had my bag gone through by a TSA agent who thought it needed some extra screening because I carry a lot of wires. He opened every zipper and put them all back wrong. Put shit back in the bag sideways. It's really triggering my tism. He also made me get rid of the lemon pepper I carry with me because it wasn't in it's original container. I guess I should be glad he didn't see the shampoo that also wasn't in it's original container. Or the soap. Or what about those charging cables? They're in a ziplock bag, that's certainly not the original container.

I sometimes wonder about packaging all my stuff like this in my carry-on

packing bags.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I sometimes wonder about packaging all my stuff like this in my carry-on

View attachment 553260
get to the airport 12 hours early or just buy a cheap ticket to anywhere that you know you won't be able to use. Oh but don't use red shirts, they can't see colors on the xray. Make it a rainbow that way it's a hate crime if they detain you.

Siliconemelons

I just got lunch from Subway.

I go "I have not gotten a subway in about 2 years.... oh look a coupon code for not stupid price... lets go... why haven't I gone here in years? they have coupons all the time!"

How can something so simple as to running a subway be lost on people.

I ordered via the app, in-store pickup b/c they no longer can manage to bring it out.

I go in, I see my order ready. They dont have the "online order pickup here" @ the register anymore - its through the line.

An older lady was entering the store when I did, I was there first, but I held the door - I assumed the lady would then enter the line behind me... nope - strike 1, screw that, I support feminism now.

But she was picking up an online order also, so really no lost line time- right? no.. see hers was not ready yet.

So there is a guy in-front of me starting his order and a lady that is finishing hers and paying.

I tell the human behind the counter that I am picking up my order, its done, its right there, its paid for... she goes "okay" and starts making 4 salads for the old lady via an online order. She stops and has to put something in the oven for the salads, nope cant grab my finished and paid for sandwich. Old lady starts telling her one of the salads is chopped - she has to stop, go in the back for something... comes back, looks at my sandwitch bag...then goes back to making the salads, old lady compalins about /the whole thing/ being chopped - girl gives exasperated reply... so then finally the other attendant is done and can hand me my sandwitch.

rustled over stupidness yes... my fault for not remembering that it is not just the stupid price, eh product - but its the completely inefficient processes and people - every time I go... so once more, bye subway... no real loss, just a rustle

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
I just got lunch from Subway.

I go "I have not gotten a subway in about 2 years.... oh look a coupon code for not stupid price... lets go... why haven't I gone here in years? they have coupons all the time!"

How can something so simple as to running a subway be lost on people.

I ordered via the app, in-store pickup b/c they no longer can manage to bring it out.

I go in, I see my order ready. They dont have the "online order pickup here" @ the register anymore - its through the line.

An older lady was entering the store when I did, I was there first, but I held the door - I assumed the lady would then enter the line behind me... nope - strike 1, screw that, I support feminism now.

But she was picking up an online order also, so really no lost line time- right? no.. see hers was not ready yet.

So there is a guy in-front of me starting his order and a lady that is finishing hers and paying.

I tell the human behind the counter that I am picking up my order, its done, its right there, its paid for... she goes "okay" and starts making 4 salads for the old lady via an online order. She stops and has to put something in the oven for the salads, nope cant grab my finished and paid for sandwich. Old lady starts telling her one of the salads is chopped - she has to stop, go in the back for something... comes back, looks at my sandwitch bag...then goes back to making the salads, old lady compalins about /the whole thing/ being chopped - girl gives exasperated reply... so then finally the other attendant is done and can hand me my sandwitch.

rustled over stupidness yes... my fault for not remembering that it is not just the stupid price, eh product - but its the completely inefficient processes and people - every time I go... so once more, bye subway... no real loss, just a rustle
That old lady is the worst kind of person. Anyone with a big order, online or not, should have the common courtesy to let you go first. And of course she's a whiny cunt who special orders stupid shit. I hope that employee went in the back to load her hands up with bacteria.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
1st time filling a homeowner claim
go talk to local agent, she sets everything up
claim agent calls - send me claim number to track online, sets up inspector visit
can't set up online account, will not send code to any phone.
call support, get pissed off as none of the options are for online access, give up
2 weeks later, inspector shows up, says can view his report online within 10 mins
go to make account again, call support, it finally recognizes i need online help, transfers me to a chick that does pet insurance
she sends me back into the menu, i just go to talk to default, after 20 mins, fixes the issue
make account, click track claim, no claim listed
call claim agent "yeah, my understanding, if you make an account after filing a claim, you won't be able to see it. maybe call support"
can you tell me what the inspector said? "no, that report only goes to the adjuster, 2-5 days they will finish that"
Not sure how big of a claim you have, but any time in the future I file a decent sized claim, I'm going to use a public adjuster. I never want to deal with an insurance company again for a claim. I let them field the company to do the work so I didn't have to bother and it was still a huge hassle since insurance wouldn't pay out to them directly - they had to pay me multiple times and then I had to meet up with people to hand over checks.

Siliconemelons

So not really my rustle but…

Had homecoming, talked to old peeps etc.

Got to thinking about this 1 fam- 3 girls and 1 older boy - wife and i were all in their proximity and band and stuff.

1 girl is married and has been for a long time to another friend of ours- no kids, wont have any… and nearing 40.

The other 2 sisters are lesbians and the boy who was a big stud in HS now is some celibate not gay gay.

Just think… 4 kids… 3 girls… not even 1 grand child. Sheesh… their mom is an ultra femnatzi so it makes sense. But still…

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So we had a pa system installed at work.

Person asks me for a guide on how to use it. Okay, make them a basic guide on the pa system.

Week later they ask me what's the ext to dial the pa system.

Just think… 4 kids… 3 girls… not even 1 grand child. Sheesh… their mom is an ultra femnatzi so it makes sense. But still…
Modern world. Talked to an older woman at work who has a daughter. Said she really enjoyed being a mother and raising children and if she could have another kid she totally would.

Went on to say he daughter has zero interest in having a kid and even thinks of kids as parasites.

Siliconemelons

Person asks me for a guide on how to use it. Okay, make them a basic guide on the pa system.

Modern world. Talked to an older woman at work who has a daughter. Said she really enjoyed being a mother and raising children and if she could have another kid she totally would.

Went on to say he daughter has zero interest in having a kid and even thinks of kids as parasites.

lol kinda off topic but…

We have a Cisco call manager interfaced w informacast an voip phones in all classrooms to do intercom and emergency call alerts etc

Recommendations? lol we would like to not neccecarally keep call manager

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yes. Wife and I don’t want kids. We like having money and freedom. It’s sets of parents wanted us to, but not doing it for someone else. We simply don’t have the patience for kids and all the shit that goes with it.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol kinda off topic but…

We have a Cisco call manager interfaced w informacast an voip phones in all classrooms to do intercom and emergency call alerts etc

Recommendations? lol we would like to not neccecarally keep call manager
No idea. Our setup is 50 or so basic speakers into a pa system that then uses a cisco ata to integrate it into to our voip system. Works out well enough but very little flexibility for managing the speakers since theyre not ip based.

This project was actually a major pita. Old boss selected a contractor for it with zero input from me or even walking them through our facility so they understood the scope of work. Then he quit before work even began so it was basically dumped in my lap. Galaxy brains where wanting to put speakers literally 5-6 feet from each other in hallways until I said dont do that.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yes. Wife and I don’t want kids. We like having money and freedom. It’s sets of parents wanted us to, but not doing it for someone else. We simply don’t have the patience for kids and all the shit that goes with it.
Same, I tell a buddy of mine all the time , know what I did this weekend? Whatever the fuck I wanted to as I don't have kids.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

A lot of people don't want kids, expect our population to crater a bit like Japan. At least the put together people will stop having kids. Poors will continue.

Doesn't help that a lot of jobs that younger people start out with 100% lack any real Maternity / Paternity time off. Like 0 days while putting up with expensive hospital bills to have a kid. I can see why people won't do it. Then there's the chance that one of you croaks and leaves the other holding the bag and you're stuck raising crotch fruit /cackle

• 1Solidarity

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people don't want kids, expect our population to crater a bit like Japan. At least the put together people will stop having kids. Poors will continue.

Doesn't help that a lot of jobs that younger people start out with 100% lack any real Maternity / Paternity time off. Like 0 days while putting up with expensive hospital bills to have a kid. I can see why people won't do it. Then there's the chance that one of you croaks and leaves the other holding the bag and you're stuck raising crotch fruit /cackle
In all seriousness, I'm kind of worried about you. I get that dark humor is often helpful, and I use it all the time, but I sincerely hope you are talking to someone, whether it be a professional or friends/family.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
At least the put together people will stop having kids. Poors will continue.
Replacing your population every generation with the least successful genetics is a super winning strategy I've heard.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This sentiment doesn't bug me when it's just a choice. It annoys me when people proudly proclaim it like they have some top-tier intellect.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users