Whats rustling your jimmies?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My dog got skunked last night, and my house absolutely reeks.

We have a dog door so she can come in and out as she pleases, and we have never had any issues. Well this morning around 4:20 my daughter comes in to our room and was like "I think Willow ate something", and she jumps up on our bed and I immediately know what happened as the smell hits. It is pretty astonishing how strong the smell is, and the entire house smells like it.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The smell of fresh skunk spray is something else. I got sprayed once, its fucking chemical warfare. Absolutely insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The smell of fresh skunk spray is something else. I got sprayed once, its fucking chemical warfare. Absolutely insane.
It is absolutely astonishing how bad it smells. It is such a strong, pungent smell, that it is impossible to describe. The dog doesn't even really smell anymore, since I think she got sprayed directly in the mouth. But somehow our entire house still just smells.

I think since she got hit in the mouth, she was drooling all over, and just spread it around the house. We have our robovac running now and mopping the house. Wife added some vinegar to the water this time to try and help kill the smell

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
It is absolutely astonishing how bad it smells. It is such a strong, pungent smell, that it is impossible to describe. The dog doesn't even really smell anymore, since I think she got sprayed directly in the mouth. But somehow our entire house still just smells.

I think since she got hit in the mouth, she was drooling all over, and just spread it around the house. We have our robovac running now and mopping the house. Wife added some vinegar to the water this time to try and help kill the smell
Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.
That's a pretty good answer for anything.

Wife leave you? Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.
Depressed? Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.
Depressed because you're fat? Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.
Got cancer? Fry some bacon and leave the pan out.

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Goatface

pretty sure this is what my friend used. few years ago, in the span of a couple weeks, his dogs got sprayed a combined 6 times. he was about to go skunk hunting till the skunk got hit by car.
1729000768321.png

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
pretty sure this is what my friend used. few years ago, in the span of a couple weeks, his dogs got sprayed a combined 6 times. he was about to go skunk hunting till the skunk got hit by car.
View attachment 552734

Natures miracle is impressively good.

Also I think I heard growing up that tomato juice helps with neutralizing skunk.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 552734
Day 3 and my house still stinks. We have bathed the dog 4 times now, and she is mostly good. Our couches however, do not smell good. We have a spray coming tomorrow that we are going to try on it, I will give these a shot if the one we have coming doesn't work.

Worst part is the couches are brand new, like just got them 2 months ago.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Day 3 and my house still stinks. We have bathed the dog 4 times now, and she is mostly good. Our couches however, do not smell good. We have a spray coming tomorrow that we are going to try on it, I will give these a shot if the one we have coming doesn't work.

Worst part is the couches are brand new, like just got them 2 months ago.
Why the HELL would you let the dog inside the house?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I caught a skunk in a live trap a couple years ago. Was trying to get groundhogs. I decided to release the skunk instead of shooting it. It fucking sprayed me while I was releasing it. I stank. It took a couple days of many, many showers and scrubbing before I couldn't smell it anymore. Some of it was psychosomatic I am sure, as my family said they couldn't smell it long before I did. Stupid ungrateful skunk.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why the HELL would you let the dog inside the house?
We have a dog door, so she comes in and out as she pleases. We didn't know she got skunked until she came in, woke up my daughter, and she came into our room.

We have been in this house for 12 years now, have always had a dog door and never had any problems. However, we suddenly have a lot of grubs in our grass which is apparently attracting raccoons, and as it turns out, skunks. So now we are putting the door on it so our dog is locked in at night.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a dog door, so she comes in and out as she pleases. We didn't know she got skunked until she came in, woke up my daughter, and she came into our room.

We have been in this house for 12 years now, have always had a dog door and never had any problems. However, we suddenly have a lot of grubs in our grass which is apparently attracting raccoons, and as it turns out, skunks. So now we are putting the door on it so our dog is locked in at night.
Ahh man. Well, that’s unfortunate.