Who falls into anarchy first?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Which country falls into objective anarchy first?

• South Africa

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • India

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Phillipines

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Turkey

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Sweden

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Germany

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Greece

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • France

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Chris

Potato del Grande
I went to Austria for Christmas and I didn't see anything wrong. Regardless of how insane their new President is (isn't it ceremonial there?) you can't even compare them to Germany/Sweden yet, nevermind fucking South Africa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
India can't go into anarchy anytime soon. Too many American companies have outsourced to India to let them do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Why is Turkey not listed?
They just elected a dictator! Give them a generation or so.
Edit: In addition turkey has a tradition of military hitting a reset and returning to more secular society so there is also that.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
India can't go into anarchy anytime soon. Too many American companies have outsourced to India to let them do it.

This sounds flippiant but... no, seriously.

Plus nukes.

That doesn't mean that it has to be a place that you would want to live or visit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Dropped some more choices and allowed for changing of votes. The intent is to talk about major world players and the problems they might be having. Clearly if a nation becomes bad enough, they will then receive their own thread.

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
France already has an anarchy in some areas?

I gave my definition of anarchy earlier but I'll reiterate. Massive social unrest, deaths in 10 million range is my definition of anarchy. Small countries can't really get to that level and countries large enough to qualify create a major world event.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't think things ever reach the full anarchy fail state though in that way. Take Syria... that's obviously a state in anarchy. Full on failure of the State as a cohesive political unit. But that's a war.

I think you hit war before and during Anarchy, with the re-establishment of a new State ending it. Even if that state is somewhat anarchistic... like the Caliphate seems to be.

So I guess the question could also be, "Who descends into civil war first?"

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It's funny that the second you develop nuclear weapons the United States China and Russian will both bend over backwards to keep you in power.

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I choose India for the very reason it is growing. As it grows an increase in exceptions by the population will happen. So while India was stable in the past you can not count on that going forward. India also has same problem as Europe does with a growing Muslim population. Add to that an extreme wealth inequality as those riding the economic growth in country out pace those left behind. Add to it caste system that makes it very clear who gets to have all the new shiny toys that economic growth provides and who gets shit upon forever. Then you have economic policies that must be seen as risky like replacing all currency starting with equivalent of Indian $20 bill and up. The whole thing has powder keg written on it.

Ill be happy to proven wrong about this though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
India's always had a massive muslim population. There are more muslims in India than there are people alive in Pakistan.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
After this netflix/bill nye thing: I want to change my vote to America.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait, what netflix thing?

Subscriber growth expected to be lower than recent quarters due to weak original content. The company is expected to announce it added 5.3 million subscribers during the first quarter, marking a slowdown from 7.1 million last quarter and 6.7 million the year prior. Growth is expected mostly from international viewers, while the U.S. market cools as it reaches subscriber saturation. Cash burn on original content also a concern for some analysts

• 1Like