Why I play Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Correct Sir, it is generally recognised as being the 1st graphical MMORPG
Sadly NWN on AOL was back in the days of when you had to pay AOL for ever hour you were online. Didn't bode well for anyone wanting to put massive hours into a game. Imagine paying over $100 a month for your MMO sub, cause it's what you paid on AOL to play NWN.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_66913.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Your first post was fine, but now you're either a bad troll or just a bitch. You either need a badass retort or to ignore people's responses. Unfortunately, this is no longer about UO and instead you've made it about it a dick waving contest.
Haha this is the best advice I've seen given to people who want to come onto new forums and advertise their shit.If you're going to play this gamelearn to play it!

iannis

Musty Nester
Haha, I'm so glad for all the feigned indignation.
I for one am indignant.

Never cared for UO. Logged in, mined some rocks, went to town, some dude at clipping range shot a fireball at me and then the town guard MURDERED ME.

Said, "Gay" out loud, logged off, uninstalled, went back to trading poorly phrased insults and racial slurs with russians, in broken english, on my favorite RP/PKmud.

But there are 2 other UO threads already. A lot of people dug it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sadly NWN on AOL was back in the days of when you had to pay AOL for ever hour you were online. Didn't bode well for anyone wanting to put massive hours into a game. Imagine paying over $100 a month for your MMO sub, cause it's what you paid on AOL to play NWN.
before The Realm there was INN (Imagination Network) which was from sierra and basically a big chat room with customizable avatars and one month during the winter of 95 my internet bill from sierra was something like 135 dollars. this was on a 14.4 or maybe even a 9600 baud connection.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
before The Realm there was INN (Imagination Network) which was from sierra and basically a big chat room with customizable avatars and one month during the winter of 95 my internet bill from sierra was something like 135 dollars. this was on a 14.4 or maybe even a 9600 baud connection.
Some of the people reading this probably don't even know what baud means.
tongue.png

iannis

Musty Nester
Going to 1200 from 300 was like woah -- Vtech.

And then it was only a year later or so later and 2400! MY GOD MAN.

I remember getting a 14.4 and then the 19k's came out and I was all like, "Hrm -- nah. 14 is plenty fast!"

AND IT WAS. AND THAT'S HOW WE LIKED IT.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I went from 2400 to 14.4k and it was amazing. But then when i got to 56k I was like "OMG A whole line of text scrolls down my screen in a split second!!"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
hah; I remember the going from 56k to getting on a T1 in college. Unfortunately the T1 had like 10 times the users it could support, so it was slower than DSL--but even still, it was amazing. Afullsong downloaded in like 5-6 minutes! I was inAWEof the speed.

It's amazing today I'm so spoiled I get annoyed when a program takes longer than 20 seconds; on my phone...while I'm streaming youtube videos.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
holy shit i totally forgot about yserbius. i played that too, or at least i tried to, rooms were always packed and the waiting list was tarded. the realm had a waiting list too. i wonder how many of today's gamers would put up with a server waiting list, constantly refreshing hoping that somebody logs off so you could get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.