Why I play Ultima Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'd never experienced an MMO before EQ. I'm assuming all those games had some form of credit card subscription which may parents would have never went for (I'm still shocked I convinced them for EQ). I was game changer for me and it's why I've been obsessed with trying to like every new shitty MMO that comes out (2004, 2005 era was the last time any truly great ones released in my eyes). Can't believe thisRemember 1999video didn't have EQ, bitches.

iannis

Musty Nester
From what I remember most of those early ones would charge directly to your phone bill. What you had to do was authorize that.

So it was even WORSE than a credit card sub. lol.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
My first MMO was UO. However, my first online game was Quake. Deathmatch Quake was fun as fuck. I remember being in awe of the 3D graphics in Quake (omg! I can see the back of the head of this person I killed and not just the face from all angles) and also hating the LPBs that joins and the massive advantage they had.

I also fretted if someone would telephone us or my parents will pick up the phone as that would break dial up connection.

I remember having to leave my computer on all night to download the 20mb needed for Netscape Navigator

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I also fretted if someone would telephone us or my parents will pick up the phone as that would break dial up connection.
Nothing was worse than that. Nothing. A moment of sheer panic and terror the likes of which paled any experience I would later have abroad. Every "Connection Lost" was like a mini personal 9/11.

Without UO this forum would not exist, so pay homage ye scrubs.
+1
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The biggest "WTF?" for me with this entire thread is that given the topic I keep expecting a post about keeping severed body parts in a chest in one's house, but instead we get some jackass who whines when he gets a little bit of flak. It's like having the world's biggest pussy extolling the virtue of what some have called the least forgiving and most brutal PVP MMO experience.

I just can't wrap my head around this guy not being able to handle some lukewarm forum asshattery but he's trying to pimp some UO emu server. UO is probably a wonderful, fantastic game but this retarded nonsense is just sad.

Thanks for reporting DMK's post though, you giant blubbering vaginal sponge, I'ma go +1 that post now.

rrr_img_67020.jpg

The biggest "WTF?" for me with this entire thread is that given the topic I keep expecting a post about keeping severed body parts in a chest in one's house, but instead we get some jackass who whines when he gets a little bit of flak. It's like having the world's biggest pussy extolling the virtue of what some have called the least forgiving and most brutal PVP MMO experience.

I just can't wrap my head around this guy not being able to handle some lukewarm forum asshattery but he's trying to pimp some UO emu server. UO is probably a wonderful, fantastic game but this retarded nonsense is just sad.

Thanks for reporting DMK's post though, you giant blubbering vaginal sponge, I'ma go +1 that post now.

rrr_img_67020.jpg
It is this kind of bias that inspired my friend to start his own shard. Individuals as corrupt as yourself are the reason we have UO Redemption.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Gets called pussy, cries to mods like an even bigger pussy, then attributes pussy like reaction to being rebuked as corruption. loolz

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It is this kind of bias that inspired my friend to start his own shard. Individuals as corrupt as yourself are the reason we have UO Redemption.
You probably should have listened to Delly:

Your first post was fine, but now you're either a bad troll or just a bitch. You either need a badass retort or to ignore people's responses. Unfortunately, this is no longer about UO and instead you've made it about it a dick waving contest.
The only reason no one has 'Shawed this thread yet is because you seem determined to make a fool of yourself and I'm all for giving you the stage if that is the case. Someone can still nuke this thread from orbit at a later date after this trainwreck of a thread is finished.

I'm all for letting the community itself sort this kind of thing out, and you trying to use the Report Post function to cry to the Mods when things don't go your way isn't going to work.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm only going to give you this warning once. If you turn into one of these spam reporting douchebags I'm just going to ban you and get it out of the way. We only have room for one person to be our resident post-reporting retard and Gavinrad already has that spot on lockdown. If you can defeat him in a 1v1 insult match then the position is yours, otherwise I'm banning your ass if you keep reporting each and every post that is critical of you or the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.