Why was the Civil War fought?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Everything a person reads on the internet is truth."

Signed : Abraham Lincoln

This quote came directly from Abraham Lincoln's personnel diary.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Easy question. The Roundheads and the Cavaliers were in disagreement over the manner of government.
You sod, I was going to say that.
smile.png

Hey faggots,

I'm doing a historical research project and if any of you dumbasses would kindly partake in this I would appreciate it.

So yeah, why was the Civil War fought? Either your own formulated opinion or whatever you were taught in school, by your parents, etc.

This would actually help me out a ton if you guys would participate before it gets rickshawed.
Here's a good article:http://chronicle.augusta.com/opinion...ause-civil-war

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those slaves werent given to the plantations for free, they had to pay to the highest bidder for the most physically fit slaves. basically the NCAA 150 years ago.

Silence_sl

shitlord
It's rather hilarious that a lot of southerners still have their assholes in a knot over losing the war so badly.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
LOL

the North used slaves. Some even used them after the war. Columnist Walter Williams wrote: "It was not just Southern generals who owned slaves but Northern generals owned them as well. Gen. Ulysses Grant's slaves had to await the 13th Amendment for freedom. When asked why he didn't free his slaves earlier, Gen. Grant said, 'Good help is so hard to come by these days.' "

Cybsled

The Civil War was fought because the South is derp. Derp is responsible for a great many things...everything from slavery to evangelical churches.