Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can US DLC be used with a EU title? I ask because I don't want to redownload/transfer Zelda.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, but the EUR DLC is up. Why not just grab that? It's just season pass stuff so it should be the same items.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hmm I checked just before posting and uTik didn't show a DLC checkmark for the EU

Vorph

It's definitely there, I still have a The Legend of Zelda_Breath of the Wild (EUR) DLC v16 (FakeSign) folder in with my WiiU stuff.

ZeldaEUR.png

Only thing I can think of is that your uTik isn't getting the latest data from wiiu.titlekeys.com?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I checked again after your post and it was indeed there. Must have just been added.

spronk

FPS noob
i mentioned it in the botw thread but for anyone who wants to go even further with being a pirate, you can pretty easily pirate all amiibos too

I used an action replay, its clearanced down to $15. make sure its the box that says it comes with a power tag since you need that to act as a "fake" amiibo for the wii u or switch/3ds.

setup took less than a minute, I downloaded all the amiibo data files from 3dsiso dot com - have to register with the site first (use throwaway email), then in the amiibo bin file section I downloaded the mega pack which has every amiibo made to date. Run the Powersaves for AMIIBO app on your pc, let it update the device, then do a fake backup and save so it creates the binary directory. Exit app, copy over all the mega bin files over to c:\user\myname\Powersaves for AMIIBO (or whichever ones you want to use), renamed the files to be AMIIBO_something_date_name.bin (it should match the format of the fake save you made) and then when you run the app you should see the new bins when you click the 4th red button. I'm not exactly sure what all the app features do but I was able to fake two different amiibos into the power tag and load them up in Zelda BOTW no problem. You can "powerlevel" them up too in the app.

the action replay is in stores at a lot of gamestops near me
Amiibo Action Replay PowerSaves

This is a list of all the things you can load up with various amiibos, once per day, in BOTW
Zelda: Breath of the Wild guide – how to use amiibo

All seems to work great and its kind of cool having a single device that lets me spoof any amiibo I want in the future, I know some games make extensive use of amiibos but fuck buying those stupid little toys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
what's the benefit of using haxchi over mocha (other than if you want to do coldboot) or at all? It sounds like you can just install mocha standalone (no rednand) after the kernel exploit if youre looking for the quickest path to play VC/DLC games.

Vorph

You need Haxchi to load Mocha unless you want to slog through loading the Wii U's shitty browser every time you boot it. Haxchi is much faster, and redNAND is safer.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You need Haxchi to load Mocha unless you want to slog through loading the Wii U's shitty browser every time you boot it. Haxchi is much faster, and redNAND is safer.
Meh, takes an extra 40 seconds on boot. Hit browser, loadiine.ovh auto loads HBL for me, hit mocha, launch Zelda.

Crone

Just loaded into Hourglass, and am restoring my NAND. It's happening!!!

I like how after this, I can update my 3DS all the way to 11.3 if I wanted, since I'm technically now done up good!

Edit: Had a little hiccup because it wouldn't load into the Hourglass, in order to do the NAND backup, but the Homebrew Discord channel was super helpful with a work-around. Updating my 3DS to 11.3 right now, since CFW is now on it.

Excited! Want to get freeshop on there and get me some Bravely Default or something!

spronk spronk @Janx Or anyone else that has experience... so my question is now, to be able to download games straight from Nintendo servers for free, I go to the E-shop that's launched from the Homebrew menu, right?

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
just install and run freeshop, it can download and install games for you, from any region. it downloads straight from nintendo servers.
freeShop

Crone

just install and run freeshop, it can download and install games for you, from any region. it downloads straight from nintendo servers.
freeShop
So what the guide on the website doesn't tell you is how to get a encTitlekeys.bin, basically. It says load into Decrypt9 and dump your title key file. But how do you do that, because you only ever booted into Decrypt9 to initiate the browser hack.

Anyway, found 3DS Title Key and it worked just fine.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Followed the instructions to the T but getting file not found error when on the launcher step. I'll format and try again from scratch, I always have bad luck trying these things lol ;\

Aorin

Molten Core Raider
All seems to work great and its kind of cool having a single device that lets me spoof any amiibo I want in the future, I know some games make extensive use of amiibos but fuck buying those stupid little toys.

Awesome thanks for this. I picked one of these up and got it working. Do you know if we can buy more "cards" and use them so I don't have to keep swapping onto the puck?

spronk

FPS noob
you could buy more powertags and use them, but i don't know anything that sells bulk powertags, if you really want a bunch of fake amiibo's you'd be better off buying bulk NFC NTAG215 tags, its like $25 for 10 on ebay
10x NFC ISO Karte weiß - 504 Byte - NTAG 215 - FÜR ALLE NFC GERÄTE!!! | eBay

or 25 for $35 on amazon
Amazon.com: 25 x NTAG 215 25MM STICKERS - By Pac Supplies USA !: Office Products

then use a mobile phone with NFC and the android app TagMo to write the amiibo.bin content files (each of these ntag215s are writable only once). Unfortunately the PowerSaves usb dongle cannot write to ntag 215's by my understanding but only saw one person said he tried and failed.
[Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been using "WUP Installer GX2" to install titles. It's the same as WUP Installer y Mod except with a GUI. Much cleaner experience, you can find it on the Homebrew app store.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just did through Step 3 on the WiiU and it seems like everything else is optional after that point? It's a pretty simple process to hack your WiiU.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just did through Step 3 on the WiiU and it seems like everything else is optional after that point? It's a pretty simple process to hack your WiiU.
Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only thing I *needed* to do was have the homebrew channel and wup installer. Not sure why it was important to spend 4 hours doing redNAND?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
The main reason to use redNAND is you are 1) backing up your sysNAND to your SD card and 2) rebooting from your SD card when you run Haxchi so that any further changes are made on your "secondary" OS, so if something goes haywire you just pull out the card and restart to your original OS.

Pretty cheap insurance IMO.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only thing I *needed* to do was have the homebrew channel and wup installer. Not sure why it was important to spend 4 hours doing redNAND?

Because redNAND moves the system files to your SD card and keeps your Wii U from bricking if something messes up.