Wii U

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

great gif. lol

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played a few races online yesterday. Super fun, i'm hooked.

I skipped straight to 100cc and found it to be a cakewalk for the most part. 150cc however is kicking my ass.

So three stars on every track unlocks the gold car I assume?

Edit: nm just read it's only gold on every circuit (including mirror tracks).
I did the same thing, ran a 50cc to take the rust off then moved on to the 100cc which I mostly 2/3 starred. At this point I'm only missing gold in one or two cups in 150cc.

While I like the game I think its not as good as some of the earlier versions. In particular being in first sucks, items are heavily weighted towards coins and the change to storing items means you will frequently be hit. Also the number of times I've been picked off on the last corner by blue shells is shocking. I still haven't seen a star or bullet.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I did the same thing, ran a 50cc to take the rust off then moved on to the 100cc which I mostly 2/3 starred. At this point I'm only missing gold in one or two cups in 150cc.

While I like the game I think its not as good as some of the earlier versions. In particular being in first sucks, items are heavily weighted towards coins and the change to storing items means you will frequently be hit. Also the number of times I've been picked off on the last corner by blue shells is shocking. I still haven't seen a star or bullet.
Yup my only complaint so far is the rate in which you get coins while in first place. It's quite rediculous

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I agree about the first place items. At least give me a banana. There have been so many times I see a red shell coming for me and I manage to land an item and it's a fucking coin. Worst item ever.

Also, it does seem a bit convenient that a blue shell will land on the final stretch of the final race. I swear I was struck every time while trying to three star the Flower Cup. Every fucking time on Shy Guy Falls I would get hit on the final jump. I've managed to three star half of 150cc at this point. Talk about a great way to memorize the courses.

Beyond that I've really enjoyed it. The course are pretty imaginative.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
This game is un-fucking real online. So much fun. Just had an insane match on Cheep Cheep Beach. Was in 8th, got 3 mushrooms jumped to 3rd, got 3 more mushrooms on the home stretch, used them with the two final ramps and stole the 1st

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
FYI, I've been able to counter blue shells with the new horn blast item that you sometimes get in first place. Not sure if it was just a fluke, but if you can time it right it seems to destroy the blue shell. Pretty awesome addition, IMO, since it requires a good amount of luck and timing to pull off but makes it possible to deflect a blue.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well MK8 has definitely piqued my interest in the Wii U, but damn am I lost as to peripherals. I do often have people over so I'd like some multiplayer ability, so what stuff do I want to get in addition to the MK8 Wii U Bundle? One of you guys mentioned the Pro controller, and that looks pretty good, so maybe one of those and a second Wii mote to accompany the one that comes with the system?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Well MK8 has definitely piqued my interest in the Wii U, but damn am I lost as to peripherals. I do often have people over so I'd like some multiplayer ability, so what stuff do I want to get in addition to the MK8 Wii U Bundle? One of you guys mentioned the Pro controller, and that looks pretty good, so maybe one of those and a second Wii mote to accompany the one that comes with the system?
Honestly I am anti Wii Mote. You have the gamepad already for 1 player, and a wii mote for another. I would just do 2 pro controllers if you have the cash to fill out that 4 player roster.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So, are there big differences between this game and Sonic Racing Transformed aside from the characters?

Also, would be good to add our Nintendo ID's to the beginning of the page - in a new thread or this one so we can all play together. Some have it in their sigs, but a lot don't.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
BTW.
nintendo just announced that;

mario kart 8 has sold over 1.2 million copies this weekend world wide. no idea of the divide digital/retail/Mk8 wiiU bundle.

i got it for my kids friday.. they have over 20hrs into the game so far.......every char unlocked, all modes unlocked- except for mirror mode i think, online was a lot of fun and the mario kart tv channel is great.

Siliconemelons

Any deals for a wiiu console out there now days? Kids need one and we'll mariokart and whatever zelda eventually comes out

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop is offering $50-60+ for a wii if used as a tradein towards a Wii U, its min $50 and could be more depending on how much shit you got i guess. I got an old launch Wii that hasn't been turned on in years, kinda tempted but meh i dunno, i barely touch my PS4 as is...

the MK8 WiiU bundle is $330 and includes Mario Kart plus a free Wii U game, decisions decisions. offer good till 6/22

Kaita

Golden Squire
Might not be worth much if you trade in a wii remote plus since it would be useful on the Wii u.