Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Caliane

Scientist is definitely for the lore fans.
It does combine with settler pretty often for additional buffs.

Settler can tag tons of stuff in towns, and camps to get +rep for the local zone. and also can often build nodes that provide various buffs to any player that uses the node you build. these are in preset locations.
Settler has a stupid amount of stopping and picking up trash on the ground in order to fuel those builds.
They can get some timed skills to drop a vending machine, campfire, or mailbox anywhere. big cooldowns.

Town constructions have a number of things. as noted 30-60m buffs. Vendors. Taxi/flight path. All timed.
Each major town also has a major construction. this uses multiple settlers to build, and generally quite a while to actually complete. This major construction will have a few things. special vendors. some quests. etc.

Taho

N00b
My mind is blown by how bad the first few levels are. Easing someone into a game is a lot different to actively trying to make your game as dull as possible. It's really astounding..
I agree. Played an esper up to lvl 9, and this is the most bored I've ever been unwrapping a shiny new MMO. The UI and color palette will take some getting used to - it seems like it was designed for the ADD generation with sounds and colors popping up and spamming you. The humor tries too hard - it reminds me of my younger cousin who just swears for the shock value. For me everything is just kind of blah and boring. I'm actually having to force myself to play, and I've never felt this way with any new MMO that I've played. I will keep taking advantage of this open beta, but will not be purchasing this game. It is just so far from my cup of tea. I enjoyed ESO's beta much, much more. But for now, will just go back to playing Rift.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Wildstar should have given everyone level 50 characters for open beta. That way they can deeply test their endgame content and also hook people into the meatier parts of their game.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Wildstar should have given everyone level 50 characters for open beta. That way they can deeply test their endgame content and also hook people into the meatier parts of their game.
Maybe the endgame sucks as much as the rest of it though and is built on false promises.

I think they should have made paths their form of alternate advancement, after you're 50 you can go do your paths, and not be locked into one. That's just a general thing I think would make the game better, having played most of the paths and finding them kind of annoying to work on in addition to leveling in my opinion.

They should also not have released a generic hotkey mmo in 2014

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
warble, warble, warble
Just curious, but why such the hate on Wildstar. I get that you hate MMOs in general, but why such a disproportionate amount of hate against this game? There are plenty of really shit games out there, this one seems like one of the better ones though.

Did your wife/girlfriend/life partner leave you for someone on the Carbine staff or something?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I agree. Played an esper up to lvl 9, and this is the most bored I've ever been unwrapping a shiny new MMO. The UI and color palette will take some getting used to - it seems like it was designed for the ADD generation with sounds and colors popping up and spamming you. The humor tries too hard - it reminds me of my younger cousin who just swears for the shock value.
Does your cousin post here, because I see a fuckton of that bullshit all the fucking time around here. Shit is hellafucking redonkulously dickwadded.

Just curious, but why such the hate on Wildstar. I get that you hate MMOs in general, but why such a disproportionate amount of hate against this game? There are plenty of really shit games out there, this one seems like one of the better ones though.

Did your wife/girlfriend/life partner leave you for someone on the Carbine staff or something?
That didn't seem like hate to me. Seemed like a valid criticism from a person's point of view. He could be wrong about it but it certainly didn't come off venomous at all, like when Raes talks about Landmark sometimes or when Ut talks about ESO. :p

bayr_sl

shitlord

Trying to characterize me as mentally unstable like Ut is a good way of discrediting my opinion, but it's pretty far off the mark. I think the game is terrible, why am I not allowed to think that? And I think making a game like this in 2014 is just absurd, it's so generic and of such low quality that it shocks me that games like this are still being made outside of the F2P market. Nothing I've posted in this thread is far off from what Draegan posts about Wildstar. Coming at me isn't gonna make this game any less awful

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
That didn't seem like hate to me. Seemed like a valid criticism from a person's point of view. He could be wrong about it but it certainly didn't come off venomous at all, like when Raes talks about Landmark sometimes or when Ut talks about ESO. :p
You're right, it was more directed at his posting history. Let me provide some more context...

I'm fairly sure it's going to flop a lot harder than Rift. Firing off a generic wow clone in 2011 is a lot different than doing it in 2014.
They'll bomb because the game is simply not good.
Wildstar looks 10 years old and runs like shit
I think Wildstar's main problem is that it's been in beta for almost a year now and is still not a fun game to play. In fact it's terrible. It is a really bad game.
I'm not going back any further, but you get the general idea.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
bayr hates every mmo. I don't see any more hate on this one then previous ones.
Oh wait... I found the problem.

Or this, objectively the best MMO of all time

Asherons_Call_Original_Box.jpg
Everything makes perfect sense now. Carry on.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You're doing a pretty poor job trying to gang up on him frothy-fanboy style. Dude has a point and he's not alone in those thoughts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I downloaded this last night, installed, made a warrior, and played about a hour or two. So when does the tutorial end and the real game begin? Or is this the real game?

If this is the tutorial, where is the opt-out button? Cause this shit is the pits. Worse than any other mmo Ive played and the most shitty introduction to one. Im betting they lose 50% subs based around this.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I downloaded this last night, installed, made a warrior, and played about a hour or two. So when does the tutorial end and the real game begin? Or is this the real game?
I'm curious about this as well. I made a medic/healer whatever, and while it's fun (especially the explorer part), I feel like the tutorial hasn't ended yet.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You're doing a pretty poor job trying to gang up on him frothy-fanboy style. Dude has a point and he's not alone in those thoughts.
He doesn't have a point that can be taken seriously when he hates every mmo made in this millennium. Honestly every review of mmos should be ignored. You have to try them yourself since we all have such different opinions on what we like and don't like.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game succeeds in making me want to play the good ol' games that we remember, but not Wildstar. 1 month wonder plus whatever is tacked on or off due to forced gating and then everyone's back to D3, LoL, etc

Caliane

I'm curious about this as well. I made a medic/healer whatever, and while it's fun (especially the explorer part), I feel like the tutorial hasn't ended yet.
other then the billion posts all saying it..
somewhere between 10-20 is where the game finally comes out of its shell.

First real "town" is about level 11ish. First public raid boss is like 13. you dont get crafting as an option till 12ish. First public quest is 15 iirc.
Housing is level 15. and, you really need to see it. Adventures is 15 as well.

Basic quests start having some real variation to them too. although, there ARE too many quests all around still. A shit ton of kill x quests. Collect Y. Too many indeed.

1-10 probably shouldn't even exist. the first entire zone. Its all just lore. Its not till the SECOND zone that the game actually starts.
no one is going to defend that shit. its stupid. But, if you judge the game on that alone, or give up. you are missing out on the games actual content.

Also, definitely not as bad as TESO's islands. holy shit that was awful. But, they did have the good sense to dump them.

Wildstar NEEDS to kill the first zone, and reintroduce as an adventure or something.