Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I tried Bolt Caster for a while and my damage was pretty poor, but I am still lower level so it is probably different at 50. And I have Quick Burst as well, forgot to add that into the builder thing.

Thanks for the guide, I will read up on it. And the addon looks nice.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There's a reason developers keep pushing garbage out the gates, and that reason is people like YOU who buy these shit games. Do some soul searching and stop being apart of the problem next time, if anyone of you can even pinch together two beans in those inflated aspy balloons you call heads.
Been warned and infracted in the past, this is strike two, don't go for three.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Itemization at the vet adventures pre-gold Dungeon level is kinda all over the place. Dungeons drop gear that is pretty similar to the stuff you already get when gearing up to actually do the Dungeons. While this might suggest the community is being too timid with respect to taking on Dungeons I really don't think I would do well trying to heal Stormtalon in quest blues.

Making this more complex are both tradeskills which allow careful tailoring of desired stats and more people unlocking the necessary recipes every day (although the drastic slowdown in daily tokens will impact this) and the balance of class types vs armor type.

Two of the three healer classes are Light armor and all healers use Insight for support power which results in a lot of "healing" light armor and very little medium since Stalker stats and Medic don't overlap at all. For non armor-specific items a Medic will end up rolling against an Esper and Spellslinger for insight healing shields etc so even more reasons to not PUG this stuff.

I'm at the point now where I should be doing dungeons regularly aiming for silver for attunement and eventually gold for raid prep... But there is actually more gain to be made from.judicious alteration of LAS and runes.

I do think they made some mistake in the rune system as most people have to ignore them until 50 out of necessity and then you perform a risk assessment to determine likelihood that you will replace a given piece before you invest in a class rune. Basic stat runes are more spendy than they should be, especially so early in the games life where much is changing.

blank_sl

shitlord
Been warned and infracted in the past, this is strike two, don't go for three.
What are you infracting me for this time? I was replying to two posts about how horribly bugged the game is (have you seen the botting videos?), and made the point that the people allowing this constant shoveling of shit down consumers throats is actually the consumers. Attempting to brush off these major grievances is what allows developers to continue to destroy this genre of gaming. What exactly is infractable in that argument? Do you disagree? Did I happen to stumble into nazi germany where your opinion is the only one that matters?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Feel free to create a "state of gaming" thread if you wish. The fact that the majority of your activity is just pissing on this gamd and those who play it though lends credence that you're just here to be a dick.

Go be a dick someplace else or go be one in the shaw, it's up to you. It's your last warning.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What are you infracting me for this time? I was replying to two posts about how horribly bugged the game is (have you seen the botting videos?), and made the point that the people allowing this constant shoveling of shit down consumers throats is actually the consumers. Attempting to brush off these major grievances is what allows developers to continue to destroy this genre of gaming. What exactly is infractable in that argument? Do you disagree? Did I happen to stumble into nazi germany where your opinion is the only one that matters?
Shut
the
fuck
up.

Every time you post in this thread it's basically "piece-of-shit game" and "fuck you for buying this". Go someplace else and complain at people for buying it. Actually, go down to walmart and scream at anyone walking into the games aisle that they shouldn't buy it because the publisher is ruining the genre.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I got removed from guild... presumably for being gone for being out of the country for a few weeks. Can I get back to it?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I need to see if there is a Adventure / Dungeon Circle available or something because PUGing these things is an exercise in frustration with the insta drops from people. I know, I know, waste of time if it isn't Gold, but damn if you've spent more time in the Adventure than it will take you to get back in another, let's just finish it off. People throwing tantrums in Instance chat, no coordination, etc... I really enjoy the game and the 'difficulty' but have to start playing with some type of coordinated group and not just dungeon queue all night.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I think I'm cancelling my sub. My character is bugged and has two specs missing some of the ability points even after doing a full refund and after a week my ticket hasn't been answered. Sucks, was a fun game. Will probably pick it back up in the future.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are transfers available to stormtalon? If so, is there room in guild? Lvl 50 warrior

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need to see if there is a Adventure / Dungeon Circle available or something because PUGing these things is an exercise in frustration with the insta drops from people. I know, I know, waste of time if it isn't Gold, but damn if you've spent more time in the Adventure than it will take you to get back in another, let's just finish it off. People throwing tantrums in Instance chat, no coordination, etc... I really enjoy the game and the 'difficulty' but have to start playing with some type of coordinated group and not just dungeon queue all night.
Ill sell you a 50 medic with 2 raid items on pago server with like 10p too, you can jump right into raids and the awesome content bro.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I definitely wouldn't buy a medic. Lolz.

I think by making things hard and having a 'server only' que they are trying to build a real community that hasn't existed since EQ/Early WoW. But I don't think that's going to happen. Just fucking people leaving instances the second gold isn't obtainable or the second their boss doesn't drop their item. Though, it is kind of funny we had 4/5 in vet storm talon and our DPS got on and wanted in and I said "Okay, but only if this guy needs on the blue tiki-hut roof decor." And he did. And he got booted and it felt great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What's wrong with medics?
They cannot DPS. They're blue confirmed worst dps (though they said they're boosting their dps in upcoming patch). Their healing range is wide, but shallow. They heal shields, but if you have a shield regenerating tanking ability it can affect the heal so it only does like 20% of the heal amount. Basically lots of stuff. They'll be the best healers in 2-3 months though, I'm sure.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Medics are kings of AE DPS, but most encounters do not readily lend themselves to AE situations. I can't imagine playing a non Medic healer at this point given how well they handle group healing plus the ability to mitigate damage with shields. I've done some healing with an Esper when playing with my buddy's character and I always feel like I'm operating at a loss with the Esper when trying to do anything but heal a tank.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So I got removed from guild... presumably for being gone for being out of the country for a few weeks. Can I get back to it?
Yes. Sorry, I try to keep the roster tidy and removing the inactives especially with the first month having so many people that reroll / quit - if you're back and want an invite send me a tell in game.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Itemization at the vet adventures pre-gold Dungeon level is kinda all over the place. Dungeons drop gear that is pretty similar to the stuff you already get when gearing up to actually do the Dungeons. While this might suggest the community is being too timid with respect to taking on Dungeons I really don't think I would do well trying to heal Stormtalon in quest blues.

Making this more complex are both tradeskills which allow careful tailoring of desired stats and more people unlocking the necessary recipes every day (although the drastic slowdown in daily tokens will impact this) and the balance of class types vs armor type.

Two of the three healer classes are Light armor and all healers use Insight for support power which results in a lot of "healing" light armor and very little medium since Stalker stats and Medic don't overlap at all. For non armor-specific items a Medic will end up rolling against an Esper and Spellslinger for insight healing shields etc so even more reasons to not PUG this stuff.

I'm at the point now where I should be doing dungeons regularly aiming for silver for attunement and eventually gold for raid prep... But there is actually more gain to be made from.judicious alteration of LAS and runes.

I do think they made some mistake in the rune system as most people have to ignore them until 50 out of necessity and then you perform a risk assessment to determine likelihood that you will replace a given piece before you invest in a class rune. Basic stat runes are more spendy than they should be, especially so early in the games life where much is changing.
Nail on the head as usual from Qhue.

If you don't want to be semi gimp you need to spend a fortune on runes. Once you aren't semi gimp you are going to be replacing gear and therefore more runes.

Materials for basic runes should be more common.