Windows 8

Agraza

Registered Hutt
IE10 is really quite good, but I don't agree that the alternatives went to shit. I do have some issues with Chrome+Flash that I hope are resolved soon since it was my browser of choice until it happened. Firefox was really slow for me a few months ago, but they've iterated past that. I really want NoScript to run on Chrome, but that's on google to allow for it.

Last I looked Chrome was the most dominant browser on the net, and IE10 was the fastest.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
if they would consolidate the tabs to the top of the screen in IE i would jump on it. i'm too used to the way firefox does it. but IE is noticeably faster, and it's the only browser available in 64 bit.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hope they fix Chrome soon with the flash stuff....I'm tired of using WAterfox and still not being able to click links for torrents to download them and no one else knowing why I can't.
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, no, there's Waterfox... which probably won't last long, given that Mozilla has suspended 64 bit builds at this point.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I hope they fix Chrome soon with the flash stuff....I'm tired of using WAterfox and still not being able to click links for torrents to download them and no one else knowing why I can't.
frown.png
What's wrong with Chrome and Flash?

frown.png

frown.png

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It works fine for me in Chrome.

Memory isn't exactly at a premium these days for a lot of people, but Flash isn't known to be frugal at the best of times, no matter what you're using it with.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Chrome also wouldn't load the .gif thread for me properly either. It was super annoying and I couldn't take it anymore.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Is Waterfox going to be completely canned with Mozilla dropping 64 bit builds?
I think the choice of building 64-bit Firefox (and therefore Waterfox) is still there, but not so sure the Mozilla team is going to care about it much if they aren't building nightlies. Who knows.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Chrome also wouldn't load the .gif thread for me properly either. It was super annoying and I couldn't take it anymore.
Delighted to say that thread also works fine for me in Chrome. Both OS X and Win8.

I think you guys downloaded the derp build of Chrome or something.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So far the only thing to annoy me in Windows 8 is the top left corner "hot spot" (?) that toggles between active metro app windows. Whenever I go to hit the back button on my browser, it activates that little toggle hot spot instead.