Windows 8

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's really nothing more than a nuisance, just one more thing to uninstall on a new computer. I just dislike candy crush due to that bullshit king pulled trademarking the use of the word saga in video games.

/firstworldproblems

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's really nothing more than a nuisance, just one more thing to uninstall on a new computer. I just dislike candy crush due to that bullshit king pulled trademarking the use of the word saga in video games.

/firstworldproblems
Yeah I dislike solitare and its not like its hard to remove.

spronk

FPS noob
new icon in my notifications area in win8.1 telling me i won a free windows 10 upgrade, and now it wont' go away

i wonder when its rolling out

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It looks like it's going to be impossible to use your 'free' Win 10 upgrade to do a truly clean install.

Might have to get creative with some of the deployment tools.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Icon shows and such but wouldn't let me put my email address in. Clicked that box and it closed now the window is still there but that option is gone.

Edit:

Right click icon and select upgrade status. Lets you put it in there.

according to beta testers the "free" upgrade will stop working if you just change a piece of your hardware and who knows if your Win7/8 license key will still be valid if you upgrade to 10, decide you don't like it and want to go back

right now you are better off waiting at least half a year/till the first service pack or only use a fresh Win10 installation rather than upgrading from an older windows

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My 8.1 tab I'm moving to 10 immediately (fuck 8.1) but I'm having second thoughts about my Win 7 desktop. I love win 7 but it is starting to get worryingly old now where it's starting to remind me of Win XP 2-3 years ago where I'm like 'yea I really still like this but...'

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It looks like it's going to be impossible to use your 'free' Win 10 upgrade to do a truly clean install.

Might have to get creative with some of the deployment tools.
You can do this with all previous versions of Windows, no doubt this will work with 10 as well. Usually it's easy to install off of VLSC then you have to call the Indian dudes and just explain you had to do a fresh reinstall / install a new hard drive or processor / etc. in order to get them to do a remote session to your PC and reconfigure with a tier 1 tech utility.

I've done it several times rebuilding my PC over the years because I still have an original Vista Ultimate with Win 7 UPG and I always do a clean full install so they have to 'fix' it. Takes like 10 minutes most of the time.

radditsu

My 8.1 tab I'm moving to 10 immediately (fuck 8.1) but I'm having second thoughts about my Win 7 desktop. I love win 7 but it is starting to get worryingly old now where it's starting to remind me of Win XP 2-3 years ago where I'm like 'yea I really still like this but...'
Whats wrong with 8.1? I use it allllll day and i have no issue with it.

Wuwei_sl

shitlord
Whats wrong with 8.1? I use it allllll day and i have no issue with it.
If not sarcasm/trolling, then my answer is Metro.

Edit: It's just annoying having two home screens, and with Metro tiles + Metro apps going full screen just being so needy, disruptive and intrusive.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
according to beta testers the "free" upgrade will stop working if you just change a piece of your hardware and who knows if your Win7/8 license key will still be valid if you upgrade to 10, decide you don't like it and want to go back
You can always go back to your regular edition of Windows if you desire, and more importantly the hardware issue you claim people are experiencing is completely false. I have no idea how rumors like this get started.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can always go back to your regular edition of Windows if you desire, and more importantly the hardware issue you claim people are experiencing is completely false. I have no idea how rumors like this get started.
Yeah that is ridiculous and probably comes from people using boot loaders that piggyback off their bios.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I'm still too much of an OCD PC nerd to be satisfied with an upgrade only. I generally do a format/clean install 1-2 times a year. I assume if I want to continue down that path I would need to pay for a full copy at some point, yes?

radditsu

If not sarcasm/trolling, then my answer is Metro.

Edit: It's just annoying having two home screens, and with Metro tiles + Metro apps going full screen just being so needy, disruptive and intrusive.
Ohhh you use the metro bar for stuff. the only reason i go to the metro screen is to search. You are doing it wrong.