Witcher 3

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Literally 35 years of video gaming under my belt and Witcher 3 is probably top 3 favorite rpg of all time and in my top 5 games ever. CD Projekt really outdid themselves with this.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Half of my motivation to support CDPR is because of their outstanding work.
The other half is because I hope their fanfare causes other studios (Hello Games) to kill themselves in shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
CDPR has so much street cred with me that I will literally buy 3+ steaming piles of shit from them and probably still buy the 4th with some poor self control. You should feel zero bad about any purchases you make from them so far.

• 3Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For me, the faith they've garnered isn't really from the "they made a good game" perspective. Lots of companies can do that, but talent can change companies. What does it for me is their undying belief that the customer should be taken care of. Stop nickel and diming us with your stupid $2 dlc's.

I remember when Witcher 1 came out. It was quirky, but fun enough. The voice acting was odd and some conversation literally made no sense due to translation errors. A year later they released the special edition that redid all the conversations, rerecorded audio from every voice actor. They took the original version off the shelf and gave everyone who already bought it a free copy.

I was so impressed, they made a fan for life

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ Agreed, when Cyberpunk 2077 finally lands, I'll be pre-ordering the "super - duper - extra - special - with - cream - on - top - collector's - edition"
PLUS the Season Pass if there is one.

I've never pre-ordered a game before, and likely never will again, until their next title.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
^^ Agreed, when Cyberpunk 2077 finally lands, I'll be pre-ordering the "super - duper - extra - special - with - cream - on - top - collector's - edition"
PLUS the Season Pass if there is one.

I've never pre-ordered a game before, and likely never will again, until their next title.

CDPR is the one company left that I will unquestionably preorder games from, as they know how to treat their customers. I'll be doing the same once Cyberpunk 2077 is up for preorder.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finally picked up Blood & Wine. Only about 1hr in, great so far. I love how the initials on the handkerchief you get at the beginning are d. L. C.

The UI improvements are fantastic as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll get around to playing the DLC's this year. Haven't played since my initial playthrough. But yeah, easily one of my Top 5 games ever.

Still haven't found a game that supplants Baldur's Gate II from the title spot for me yet.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'll get around to playing the DLC's this year. Haven't played since my initial playthrough. But yeah, easily one of my Top 5 games ever.

Still haven't found a game that supplants Baldur's Gate II from the title spot for me yet.
You won't have to start a new playthrough if that's what's holding you up. Hearts of Stone is its own thing with content around lvl 30 if I remember right and Blood and Wine is after that, chronologically right after the main plot as well. It has a few, not many, references to the decisions you made.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its not that I just haven't had much desire to RPG again lately. I'll get to it.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This is an amazing game but I am having so much trouble getting through it.

I have no fucking clue why developers think it's a good idea to release a game with a non standard control scheme and make it unchangeable. It is frustrating as fuck. Having to navigate the camera with right stick and use X to sprint is so counter intuitive I can't fathom who the fuck likes this shit.

The quests can be extremely tedious (while mostly well written and having good narrative/entertainment) I am real tired of all the trivialities and 16-part questlines. I am level 16 and still have about 10-15 quests ranging level 10-15 and can't get them finished for fuck! Every time I start, I am placed on some other quest or some never ending string of fucking additional tasks. As a completionist this is super frustrating because if I complete them all, I am over levelled for the next round of content. If I don't, quests fail and trigger my OCD to a super jimmy rustling level.

The combat early game seemed more interesting. All I have to do the past 5 levels is just press square 3-4 per enemy and everything is over. Triangle takes forever to connect and barely does more damage...it's literally pointless. I am hoping difficulty ramps up again as I am about to travel to Skellige and say fuck the side quests.

All in the all the game is incredibly well produced and there is no denying it is a masterpiece of some kind, but before you nerds fucking bumrush me for slighting your precious jewel of a game just realize I do love it, I just have to air my complaints a bit. I can't be the only one thinks this forced control scheme and shit is fucking retarded.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ar
This is an amazing game but I am having so much trouble getting through it.

I have no fucking clue why developers think it's a good idea to release a game with a non standard control scheme and make it unchangeable. It is frustrating as fuck. Having to navigate the camera with right stick and use X to sprint is so counter intuitive I can't fathom who the fuck likes this shit.

The quests can be extremely tedious (while mostly well written and having good narrative/entertainment) I am real tired of all the trivialities and 16-part questlines. I am level 16 and still have about 10-15 quests ranging level 10-15 and can't get them finished for fuck! Every time I start, I am placed on some other quest or some never ending string of fucking additional tasks. As a completionist this is super frustrating because if I complete them all, I am over levelled for the next round of content. If I don't, quests fail and trigger my OCD to a super jimmy rustling level.

The combat early game seemed more interesting. All I have to do the past 5 levels is just press square 3-4 per enemy and everything is over. Triangle takes forever to connect and barely does more damage...it's literally pointless. I am hoping difficulty ramps up again as I am about to travel to Skellige and say fuck the side quests.

All in the all the game is incredibly well produced and there is no denying it is a masterpiece of some kind, but before you nerds fucking bumrush me for slighting your precious jewel of a game just realize I do love it, I just have to air my complaints a bit. I can't be the only one thinks this forced control scheme and shit is fucking retarded.
Are you playing on death march difficulty? Try that if not. Comes down to your skill more than stats from what I remember, so being over leveled isn't that big of a deal.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I just started back up (never made it past velen before) on DM and getting my shit kicked in in White Orchard, but I can tell once I get used to it I'll enjoy it a lot more.

On a side note - surely I'm not the only one who retains a fragment of the twelve-year-old version of their brain and starts humming the Triple Triad song when playing Gwent?

Evernothing

BTW, you can ratchet the difficulty down if needed. There are 1 or 2 boss fights that can be insanely hard at the top difficulty.

Imlerith (not too, too hard)
Caretaker (HoS boss who I found really hard)

Crone

BTW, you can ratchet the difficulty down if needed. There are 1 or 2 boss fights that can be insanely hard at the top difficulty.

Imlerith (not too, too hard)
Caretaker (HoS boss who I found really hard)
FFXV has given me the itch to try this game finally. So if I start on Death March, because I hate shit where it's so easy, but I'm having a hell of a time, I can change the difficulty on the fly?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
To add to the list

The Djinn is literally impossible

on the hardest difficulty.

Also, there was one random encounter on Skellige where you had to help two nords clear a Nekker cave. I tried like 5 times to keep them both alive to complete the quest. Finally gave up and moved on, only to realise a few hours later that I had enemy upscaling on and it was like a lvl 15 quest and I was pushing 30. After over 120+ hours of completing everything it's my only failed quest and it will haunt my OCD nightmares for all my days.

• 1Solidarity

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I started on Blood and Broken Bones and switch between that and Death March depending upon what I'm doing. If I want to rush thru a quest or meditate for restocks or something, I change it. Regardless of difficulty, I seem to 4-5 shot the hardest enemies and sinking thousands of hours into the Souls franchise has gotten me exceptionally good at not getting hit. My spells are strong but really only necessary in situations like casting Aard on a Draconid or whatever. I don't know, I just feel like the combat could be a little more engaging. I absolutely love playing Ciri because of the blink teleport, I wish Geralt/the game was designed to have more high speed and interactive combat. I know this is all a personal problem, but whateva. Also, the crossbow being worthless (at least so far) super pisses me off. I really like the mutagen and skill system but again I find 85% of the skills to be useless or totally underpowered in comparison with some others, so I feel like scratching my head every time I go to alter my build because I just severely gimp myself and waste skill points for going on an alternative route.

Also I have enemy upscaling turned on so I don't feel so overlevelled for stuff - but does that effect my XP gain? Meaning if I do a level 9 quest at level 16, do I get different amounts of XP with it turned off as opposed to equal level enemies with it turned on? That could also be contributing to my overlevelling issue a bit as well if so.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I stopped playing this for whatever reason. Think dark souls 3 came out then overwatch later. But after reading all the praise I think I'm gonna go back and beat it. How essential is the Dlc?

I mean will I be satisfied with just the base game or is this one of those experiences where I need it?