Witcher 3

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I stopped playing this for whatever reason. Think dark souls 3 came out then overwatch later. But after reading all the praise I think I'm gonna go back and beat it. How essential is the Dlc?

I mean will I be satisfied with just the base game or is this one of those experiences where I need it?
Dlc is done after base game, but I've been seeing the packages (base + bith dlcs) for cheap

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think I'm gonna wait til my crazy pc is built, which means I'll end up having bought this game three times. Not a master race kindof guy - I seriously just don't ive a shit most of the time - but this kind of game really needs mod support, an it needs to run better than it does on ps4. The lag on menus and the load times are killing me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have this on PC and I think it looks much better than it does on PS4. This game is so good. First game I've played in a long time that's given me that "can't to get home from work so I can play" feeling.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have this on PC and I think it looks much better than it does on PS4. This game is so good. First game I've played in a long time that's given me that "can't to get home from work so I can play" feeling.
Yup, the game is amazing on PC. Probably one of my Top 5 games of all time. I just finally bought the two DLCs this week, so looking forward to playing those.

How is combat compared to SOulsborne?
The combat in the Souls games is much better, in my opinion. The Souls games are really all about the combat(the precision, the timing, etc). The Witcher 3 is an amazing game and the combat isn't bad, but it's hard to really compare the two on that level.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The combat in the Souls games is much better, in my opinion. The Souls games are really all about the combat(the precision, the timing, etc). The Witcher 3 is an amazing game and the combat isn't bad, but it's hard to really compare the two on that level.

Well, let me put it this way; I can't get into FFXV cause its spam combat. Maybe it gets deeper later on, but early game I just mash shit and win

Will Witcher give me deeper combat than FFXV?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I only put about 8 hours into FFXV and thought the same thing about the combat. Witcher 3 combat isn't spammy and has active dodging and blocking, etc. Play on the harder settings.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, let me put it this way; I can't get into FFXV cause its spam combat. Maybe it gets deeper later on, but early game I just mash shit and win

Will Witcher give me deeper combat than FFXV?
Sooner or later no opponent will be much of a challenge, but it's still nice to hack things into pieces. Paying attention to potions/oils/signs becomes absolutely vital. Few encounters from DLCs give you a solid bump in the difficulty curve.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Finally bought it last Sunday. The game is amazing and I am happy I read the books last holidays. It is obvisous that the developers are fans of them and keep the characters very close to the books.

Also RIP my social life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
This game is the worst when it comes to "Let me just finish this questline...". You're constantly running into new things to discover, quest lines, etc. I spend 3 hours playing it, only to realize I did almost nothing on the quest line I intended to finish.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This game is the worst when it comes to "Let me just finish this questline...". You're constantly running into new things to discover, quest lines, etc. I spend 3 hours playing it, only to realize I did almost nothing on the quest line I intended to finish.
The struggle is real

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

First Soygen Problems.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I am like 40 hours in and now realize that I fucked up my save game load from Witcher 2. In my Witcher 2 playthrough I did everything different from the standard choices selected for you in W3. I am triggered hardcore, but cant bring myself to start all over again.

I want to fuck shit up with Letho and trigger the Baron Lady, because I killed her son.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Just finished the game. What a ride that was. Now I understand all the praise it gets. Having played the two previous games and having read the books last summer holiday improved the experience a lot. They kept it very close to them with characters and lore.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished the game. What a rude that was. Now I understand all the praise it gets. Having played the two previous games and having read the books last summer holiday improved the experience a lot. They kept it very close to them with characters and lore.

latest?cb=20151016111617

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the game. What a ride that was. Now I understand all the praise it gets. Having played the two previous games and having read the books last summer holiday improved the experience a lot. They kept it very close to them with characters and lore.
DLCs too ? Hearts of Stone has the best story.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
No, I will wait with that when I have more spare time again. Are both DLCs after the ending of Wild Hunt or only Blood and Wine?

But really, this game might be the one to replace my Baldurs Gate reruns I do every few years. Quality game all around (except fucking horse riding in Skellige).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I bought both DLCs a couple weeks ago but haven't even touched them since I started cleaning up all the old quests still in my quest log and hitting all the points of interest I missed. How does this game have so much fucking content?!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, I will wait with that when I have more spare time again. Are both DLCs after the ending of Wild Hunt or only Blood and Wine?

But really, this game might be the one to replace my Baldurs Gate reruns I do every few years. Quality game all around (except fucking horse riding in Skellige).

You gotta do the DLcS