Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I'm caving. People making this game sound too damn good despite the apparently terrible controls.
The thing is, the controls aren'tterrible. There is certainly room for improvement, but after you get used to them you won't notice them outside of a few specific instances.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
So, how do you perform finishing moves manually? I'm not receiving any prompts with auto finishers disabled and I still appear to be doing finishing moves because the adrenaline bars are being depleted.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The thing is, the controls aren'tterrible. There is certainly room for improvement, but after you get used to them you won't notice them outside of a few specific instances.
I've gotta be 10-15 hours in and i certainly still notice it. All movement in this game is atrocious. Jesus wait until you have to swim.

I'd recommend buying it when it drops in price a bit. Everything besides the movement is A+.

ili_sl

shitlord
I really wish they would of allowed some under water combat especially since they put enemies under water and content. A few times now it's been annoying. You really feel the control issue under water navigating a tight place with enemies. Especially as you hold circle to go up and you kind of just float there with stuff hitting you.
You can use bows under water. kills things in 1 hit.

DMK_sl

shitlord
So, how do you perform finishing moves manually? I'm not receiving any prompts with auto finishers disabled and I still appear to be doing finishing moves because the adrenaline bars are being depleted.
I'd like to know this also. Turned of auto finishing moves I don't get any prompts to do them.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
It's not Souls level combat, but it's not far off.
I'm not usually one for calling people out but come on dude - this borders on malpractice
smile.png

Combat in Witcher 3 isn't in the same godamned universe as Souls-level combat. Its spammy, weightless, repetitive, hard to judge distance, and many moves are near useless unless you are going for style points. Sure, stuff still kills you on the hardest difficulty but that's where the similarities end. I'm not saying Witcher 3 is a bad game but the combat is AC1-level not Souls-level.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I wish Geralt had movement like
Ciri.
Jesus controlling
Ciri
was awesome and seemed a LOT more fluid. Don't think this is a spoiler since it happens so early in the game. But Spoilered it anyway.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Game is legit, but dam do i already feel some fatigue setting in. Im so tired of the 2nd area but there is just so much to fuckin do.

Also curious, some quest say i need Delusions level 2 to get by a quest choice, but its red and when i click on it nothing. However delusions is indeed at 2/3 already so is it a level thing or?

Game is legit, but dam do i already feel some fatigue setting in. Im so tired of the 2nd area but there is just so much to fuckin do.

Also curious, some quest say i need Delusions level 2 to get by a quest choice, but its red and when i click on it nothing. However delusions is indeed at 2/3 already so is it a level thing or?
To make use of any skill you level they need to slotted. Its to the right where the skills get slotted.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
To make use of any skill you level they need to slotted. Its to the right where the skills get slotted.
Hmm, truth i may not have it slotted - i think tier 2 is slotted b/c i was doing the Hattori quest at L11. Charming enemies is the shizzzz, who needs levels when you can have them fighting each other?!

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the charm skill and the delusion skill are separate and have to be placed in their respective slots. I hear you about the fatigue. The game definitely has a lot of fluff. I miss the more tighter narrative guided gameplay of the second. This game reminds me more of the first witcher after having played it for a bit.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
There isn't a ton of variance at times in what you're doing. The murder mystery stuff is cool the first few times but as you see it more and more or run into a wraith for the twentieth time in more or less the same scenario it starts to become fatiguing. Having to drill into the ui a lot doesn't help either nor the serious loot bloat.

This is where the linearity of the game starts to hurt itself. If it was skyyim I'd go pillage a village or go run off to a different story in another city. Where as with witcher I already know what in going to be doing before I even take the quest.

Fortunately there are some really great quests in there so it gives me incentive to plough through. I've even found a couple of neat off the path areas but that stuff is to few and far between the repetitive stuff

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Level 11 and just realized you can loot monster holes after you blow them up....

Also just completed the bogwood witches quest and God damn are those bitches Are awesome, story/characters/animations everything.

Level 11 and just realized you can loot monster holes after you blow them up....

Also just completed the bogwood witches quest and God damn are those bitches Are awesome, story/characters/animations everything.
Some insane rambling of me playing this quest elsewhere , disregard.=(

Oh wtf , was going nuts trying to find this and then i did find it and it was a 35 minute gameplay video that was released last year that had this whole quest line played out. Fucking memory is getting terrible.

Northerner

N00b
Loving it so far. If nothing else it gave me a sorely needed excuse to upgrade my GPU/Monitor ("free" games thxla~).

The game is gorgeous but yeah, I do miss the unapologetic smuttiness of 1 and to a lesser extent 2. A little T&A is always appreciated but it was more fun when everything you saw could likely be talked to, killed, fucked or even more likely, all of the above.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just ran into a super annoying bug

When you're with Keira in the Elven ruin chasing the Wild Hunt guys. I had to reload 8 times in that room where you are looking for the Horse Sign. Might just have been bad luck, but whenever I hit the horse sign and was prompted to return to Keira. The next event simply wouldn't trigger and she'd just stand there. Two other times, when I intentionally triggered the wraiths the second wraith would stand on a stalagtite out of sword range and because Keira was lightning bolting here she wouldn't come down.

Eventually shit triggered right and I got out. But god damn. Fuck that noise.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just ran into a super annoying bug

When you're with Keira in the Elven ruin chasing the Wild Hunt guys. I had to reload 8 times in that room where you are looking for the Horse Sign. Might just have been bad luck, but whenever I hit the horse sign and was prompted to return to Keira. The next event simply wouldn't trigger and she'd just stand there. Two other times, when I intentionally triggered the wraiths the second wraith would stand on a stalagtite out of sword range and because Keira was lightning bolting here she wouldn't come down.

Eventually shit triggered right and I got out. But god damn. Fuck that noise.
I had something weird happen to me here as well.

Somehow I got turned around and was fighting a gargoyle. Keira was locked behind the door and couldn't help me. I promptly died.

With that said,
Am I supposed to find some type of demon horse here to use as a new mount?[/spoiler]