Witcher 3

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing this on PC having graphics settings randomly change?

I've had to switch back to Fullscreen 3 times now. Just now I figured out it put me on low texture settings for some reason. =\ who knows how long I was playing like that!

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah i noticed that about the full screen option. There must be another graphics setting that is toggling it back when set. Guessing its probably the vsync one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I posted about that right after installing the patch the other day. It reset texture quality to low for me as well, so you've probably been playing like that since you updated to 1.03. Don't know about the fullscreen one, I keep mine on fullscreen always because it's like a 10-15 fps loss to play borderless in my experience. No idea why that is, it's typically about a 3-5 fps hit in most games.

Speaking of graphics stuff, people struggling with HairWorks performance should try forcing tessellation to 8x or 16x. The game uses 64x by default which is not only an ungodly GPU hog but also excessive in terms of visual quality. I can even use HairWorks on my AMD card with tessellation set to 8x. Personally I think it looks like ass on humans and horses though. Not worth staring at ugly for 90% of the game just for the occasional beast or monster that looks cool. Even without HairWorks on you can recover a few fps for no visible IQ loss too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ended up killing Keira. OOPS. Why is every sorceress a two faced cunt?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ended up killing Keira. OOPS. Why is every sorceress a two faced cunt?
Remember your girl's supposed to Yen, yet there you are porking keira, hypocrite.

About the romance/sex stuff in the game, I am totally starting to skip that shit now as there is alotof it and it just bores me outta my tits.

Mid game spoiler
I wonder if killing keira fucks up the outcome in the middle of the of game where you have to gather your inquisition...uh friends to help out against the wild hunt.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With 1.03 patch they reduced keyboard input lag and I managed to make a run at editing the input.ini file. I'm beginning Velen and right now the game is beautiful with some config.ini tweaks and the lore / story / immersion are quite good. Combat / movement is slightly clunky sometimes but nothing gamebreaking in my opinion.

NsFuev9.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully they'll patch in the missable cards. I'm not much of an achievement hunter on Steam, but I sympathize with my fellow completionist forum bros.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game seems to have an alarming amount of content to get through. Level 11 and I haven't even tried to leave Velen yet.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Finally got started. Love the world and the narrative seems good, but fuck me the controls are floaty. Just mounting the damn horse is an ordeal, and I need a way to tone down left stick sensitivity without toning down right stick sensitivity.

Runs surprisingly well on my mediocre rig though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No spoilers, but when you get to Fyke Island, make sure you do the quest late at night, both IRL and ingame, that place is fucking horrible, especially once you realise what actually happened in there. Probably one of the few moments in games where I was like "WTF is wrong with your writers ?!"

Killed Keira too, oops. I thought I'd just smack her unconscious and burn the notes, but sadly not.

Vorph

I just sent her to Kaer Morhen. She gave me the notes anyway.

P.S. And they're apparently useless outside of that quest, as they go into the tab with all the other books and shit, not into quest items.

FFS, you can fuck up the Crone quest royally (and it snowballs from there). Debating loading a savegame from two hours ago or just sucking it up and doing it correctly when I play through on PS4.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FFS, you can fuck up the Crone quest royally (and it snowballs from there). Debating loading a savegame from two hours ago or just sucking it up and doing it correctly when I play through on PS4.
Yup this is exactly what i did. Granted getting back to the spot you left of at is easier if you fast skip all the dialogue. Fuck there is a ton of dialogue in this game. Also fuck those creepy looking children who look like adults.

Also this explains who the spirit is that is inside the tree. CDPR getting a From Soft on you all

NFpKKbT.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where is cerys supposed to be loctated at? I can't find any island called spikerogg anywhere.
edit: FML. It's a secondary quest you need to track. For those who get stuck its the island with svorlag on it.

Vorph

So there is [at least] one bug out there with upgrading alchemy shit.

If you create the Moon Dust bomb, then much later find/buy the enhanced recipe it will not show up in the list at all. The only way to create the enhanced bomb is to destroy your plain one, and then go back to the alchemy page. You'll see both recipes and will be able to make one after the other. Make sure you have all the ingredients for both, because you have to craft them at the same time. Once you make them the enhanced recipe will poof again and the game will actually allow you to make the basic one again.

Not sure if the problem will reoccur when you get the superior recipe as well, but my guess is that it will. The bug also affects the Northern Wind bomb too.