Witcher 3

Rude

Potato del Grande
I just cant get into this game for some reason, which makes me a sad panda because everywhere its being hailed as the best RPG in ages. The combat feels flat, the world generic and dear fucking god the cut-scenes that you cant get out of, or I havent figured out how (PS4). Why cant I enjoy this game :(

If you don't like to read you won't like this game. Also cut scenes can be skipped with square on the PS4 IIRC.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
latest?cb=20151016111617

Gaunter O'Dimm

All day, everyday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, what can I say. Best game I have ever played.

I burned through the base game in about a week at launch and had the time of my life. I think people who read the books usually choose Yen over Triss, because of reasons and then there's the djinn quest in Skellige that makes it so much better. Bloody baron, the three witches, Wolven Storm, Isle of Mists, Kaer Morhen, the plague tower, Skellige throne, I could gush about this game for hours. Sure the combat isn't the best, the UI is a pain to deal with and some quests end up being a bit underwhelming, but never before has a single player game grabbed me so badly. Even more, it just keeps going with the only noticeable drop in the tempo being in Novigrad, and that has more to do with limited mobility than anything else.

Played both of the DLCs and surprisingly I think the first one is a lot better, it's more personal story where Geralt isn't saving the world, which fits the character better and has the best wedding I have ever seen in a game and they haven't been fucking with the mechanics too much. The second one is obviously bigger and ties up the whole game, but at this point you have done it before. Still, I think the last parts of the main quest were a bit rushed with some skipping for no apparent reason, but settling down with Yen and an unicorn was nice.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well, what can I say. Best game I have ever played.

I burned through the base game in about a week at launch and had the time of my life. I think people who read the books usually choose Yen over Triss, because of reasons and then there's the djinn quest in Skellige that makes it so much better. Bloody baron, the three witches, Wolven Storm, Isle of Mists, Kaer Morhen, the plague tower, Skellige throne, I could gush about this game for hours. Sure the combat isn't the best, the UI is a pain to deal with and some quests end up being a bit underwhelming, but never before has a single player game grabbed me so badly. Even more, it just keeps going with the only noticeable drop in the tempo being in Novigrad, and that has more to do with limited mobility than anything else.

Played both of the DLCs and surprisingly I think the first one is a lot better, it's more personal story where Geralt isn't saving the world, which fits the character better and has the best wedding I have ever seen in a game and they haven't been fucking with the mechanics too much. The second one is obviously bigger and ties up the whole game, but at this point you have done it before. Still, I think the last parts of the main quest were a bit rushed with some skipping for no apparent reason, but settling down with Yen and an unicorn was nice.

It's a top 5 for me. The humor I mean my god I never laughed so hard then at 3 am (work night) at Kaer Morhen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
CD Projekt Red is now worth $1 billion

Though that's probably a bit inflated but still happy for CDPR that they are reaping their rewards. It's amazing how listening to and not treating your customers with disdain and shipping out a finished quality product without a bunch of suspicious DLC can do for a companies bottom line.

spronk

FPS noob
If you don't own it already on PC, w3 GOTY with all dlc is 40% off at GMG
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition only $42.99 at Green Man Gaming!

^ thats the GOG version though (DRM free), I don't think you get a steam key

I still haven't finished blood and wine, but kind of don't want to since i'll be 100% done with the game then. I also recently read all 7 of the witcher books, they aren't really very good and the story deviates heavily from the game although the characters are all there but a bit more 1-dimensional than the game. Kinda weird for a game to be "richer" and deeper than the books its based on, although it was cool to see a lot more of the backstory for the secondary characters like the other sorceresses or the spy guys

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you don't own it already on PC, w3 GOTY with all dlc is 40% off at GMG
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition only $42.99 at Green Man Gaming!

^ thats the GOG version though (DRM free), I don't think you get a steam key

I still haven't finished blood and wine, but kind of don't want to since i'll be 100% done with the game then. I also recently read all 7 of the witcher books, they aren't really very good and the story deviates heavily from the game although the characters are all there but a bit more 1-dimensional than the game. Kinda weird for a game to be "richer" and deeper than the books its based on, although it was cool to see a lot more of the backstory for the secondary characters like the other sorceresses or the spy guys
You know the author considers the games non-cannon ? I mean, I can understand it to a certain extent, since he was pretty much done with the universe after the last book, but still the quality is undeniable, especially since you have all these choices that put Bioware to shame. B&W is like the victory lap, you can feel it, but still they went all out on the ending and tied the whole trilogy with a neat bow.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spronk told me last night he already preordered the Mass Effect 4 collectors edition with it signed by Mac Walters.

Last edited:

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Recently fired this back up to check out the expansions. I must say they're better than most core games. And bout 10 hours into Hearts of Stone, I realized that I never even beat the main campaign.

My only complaint is that it feels pretty lonely without your friends and none of your choices are reflected in the world. I don't think the NPCs even acknowledge Radovid's death.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I finished heart of stone last week and it is by far the best DLC I've ever played. I've been playing blood and wine and there's so much shit to do and it's all relatively unique.

I honestly didn't think that they could top the base game, but I think they have.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Godamnitt, guess I need to fire this back up. I beat it before the DLC and didn't feel like getting back into it.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Totally worth it. Blood & Wine is amazing. Heart of Stone is good too.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
How important is it to play through Witcher 1 and 2 before 3? Is it worth my time or should I just jump straight into 3? Own all of the games + expansions already