[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Vitality

HUSTLE
Level 2 plans are unlocked (for use) after you hit level 96 or complete Talador Outpost quest. Whichever one happens first.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
So im trying to figure out what to do with my garrison. I have only 1 character on the server I am on and so I took mining/herb with him to try and get a base of gold on a new server. My initial plan is :

Small: Salvage, Gem Boutique and Enchanters Study (the last 2 only for their follower bonus since I have no crafting professions).
Medium: Trading Post, Lumber Mill (to crank out GR > Trading Post > more money)
Large: Barracks, Stables

Im still torn on weather or not a barn would be better in place of a lumber mill, the bloods could make more money then then GR created by the lumber mill, but bloods aren't guaranteed. Id love some feedback on this if any of you were in my position with limited character's/professions.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What are you going to do with the GR from the LM when you get your base fully upgraded?

Literally everyone is going to want the blood you get from your barn.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I was thinking that getting GR and then trading them for materials at the trading post would make some money on the AH but a barn could be more profitable.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, I've been using the barn, what yields the bloods worth the monies? Randomly off of anything we trap?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blood is common-but-not-guaranteed from rank 3 barn work orders when you trap elite beasts. The blueprint for that unlocks after 125 barn work orders have been completed (account wide, which is why it's so important to have alts with barns too if you actually want to make upgrade tokens before the raid opens).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Guys how do you adjust your garrison for 6 hour queues on Saturday morning at 9 AMafterthe miracle fix???

Vorph

I spend GR on 90+% success chance missions, and I prioritize the purple XP ones and the ones that actually make a profit in GR. I always set up one or more 10 hour misisons before I log for the night too.

You don't want to waste GR, but at the same time you need 20 followers at L100 in order to get the achievement that unlocks bunker rank 3, and you need to do 50 patrol missions to unlock barracks rank 3.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah it's a delicate balance of doing something useful with them as much as you can and keeping enough GR around. Right now I have 1500 GR and I am not wasting it since I need 2k to unlock Garrison level 3.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Get the handynotes addon with draenor added and grab all the extra junk while you quest. You'll have plenty of GR to spend on missions and garrison upgrades.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Get the handynotes addon with draenor added and grab all the extra junk while you quest. You'll have plenty of GR to spend on missions and garrison upgrades.
Seconded. This stuff is a wonder; you have all the treasures and all the rares on your map.

Regarding the missions, the big thing is that you always get the XP for the follower. The chest is what you get only if you succeed. As a rule, I don't care much if they get a +XP mission or not. What I make sure I have 100% on is any mission that has GR or loot for me.

Vorph

Yeah, whatever interest I had in garrisons as being a cool-looking addition to the game is long gone now. The only thing I like about them is the mine/herb garden, everything else is just another fucking chore to do. I look forward to getting past the point where crafted gear is relevant so I can just ignore them other than putting up some work orders to make gold when it's convenient.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This sounds horrible. I almost was interested in checking out WoD for garrisons until this brought me back to reality.
That's if you really, really, want it now, now, now. And can upgrade your barn to 3 almost immediately.

Each character with a barn on your account can (and probably will, because that's easy) make 6 work orders per day that contribute to unlocking a level 3 barn. You need to place 125 work orders, total, across all characters, to unlock the blueprint. With 8 characters, you would unlock the barn in 3 days. With 4? Only 6 days. With 3? Almost a week.

Note that, basically, yes, garrison can be managed hardcore. But even without hardcore "now, now, now", you're basically losing only a very tiny bit of lead time.