Wolfenstein - Youngblood:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Who did you kill that was a progressive? I only watched a story playthrough and I remember shooting germans and flashbacks to your dad beating up your jew mom because... over board racist husband / male meme.

And the fat nazi daughter with that dude... *barfs*

all the fascist nazi's

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Wait, so, what you're saying is, like, the video game Nazis are progressives?

Is it because they want to colonize other planets?
Advance technology and our understanding?

That kind of progressive?

• 1Picard

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Been playing it for a couple hours. The girls are bad asses. It is fun.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Reviews aren't negative, the fuck are you smoking. Reviews are mainly in the 7/8 range. Sure, its not gonna blow your mind but it doesn't seem terrible.

Then again this forum has had it in for Wolfenstein games for a long time now. They're rarely terrible and rarely great, just decent. But if we took everyones opinion here it would be a 3/10 everytime.

Most reviews are bad on Steam - and making very good points.

Horrible open world system, bugs, glitches, poor checkpoint system, bullet sponges for higher level mobs without a solid reward, poor story, fragmented story, shit AI if not playing Coop (I am sure Coop is fun but you can play "I just ate some shit" with a friend on a couch and have fun. Wait, scratch that, no couch coop) Atmosphere that is convoluted (Nazi's have ordered all civilians to leave paris - yet their intercom system talks to the masses like it was June 1942) The STARK contrasts between BJ and the "HELL YEAH THAT WAS BAD ASS" attitude of the new protags. The levels themsleves are completely disconnected and lifeless and soul-less in design.

I couldn't careless if I am controlling BJ or 2 lesbian sisters on meth benders - but the mechanics of this game are flat out horseshit and it was poorly designed.

And yes Delly, the game is being outright lambasted on Steam Reviwes right now. I gloss past the reviews that aren't content worthy with good points. Read the many many shit reviews where they all talk about how this game is basically an abortion.

Only redeeming point is it's 29. Had they charged 59 people would REALLY be going apeshit.

Know what it does make me want to do though? Probably should actually play through the last Wolf. New Order was cream of the crop. This game is a fucking embarrassment to the franchise. (I also admit, freely, I have been playing Wolfenstein (Along with a lot of you) since Apple 2 GS days with my favorite being Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and New Order.

I don't even know what the fuck they just made here - but it sure as hell wasn't wolfenstein originally. And knowing Bethesda, they probably just pulled another Battlecry/Fallout Con Job and Arkane had this game ready to go as another franchise until Bethesda felt they needed to throw IP based value and have Machine Games reskin the thing to do just that.

PS: I thought people here loved Return to Castle Wolfenstien and new order? Old Blood was bad, and new Co was "Meh ok I guess".

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Watching the Angry Joe stream on this is fucking hilarious. I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Jess walks like she just humped a bowling ball for 5 hours straight. And there is a loading screen with both sisters playing hand grab or whatever the hell that was supposed to be. Highlights were hilarious.

Holy fucking hilarious trainwreck.

If you like it I can see why though. It does have some cool environments. Catacombs look cool I guess.

Cybsled

New Order was the best. New Collosus was decent and had some cool parts (the nuked New York wasteland looked awesome and the Hitler space station part) but the story was much more fragmented than New Order to be sure and went total bonkers mode (to the point that some people theorized that BJ actually died and all the post-decapitation stuff was some type of Vanilla Sky fantasy...although this new game seems to refute that theory lol).

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If someone could tell my why in 2019, we cannot adjust weapon sway / head or body bob, that would be great.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I love how you can empty two clips in a dude. Falls down to 50%. But use your butter knife and stab them in the foot. Dead.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’m watching another stream and this guy is seriously raging it’s hilarious. Him and his buddy are destroying the game. With fire. 😜

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fuck the dialogue in this game is cringeworthy - do male chars in games high-five each other as much as these lesbians do in combat or am I just blacking that shit out? The constant "good going sis!" "Nice shot, girl!" "you get 'em sis!" type dialogue is just so fucking ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We get it, women are strong. We. Get. It.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reviews aren't negative, the fuck are you smoking. Reviews are mainly in the 7/8 range. Sure, its not gonna blow your mind but it doesn't seem terrible.

Then again this forum has had it in for Wolfenstein games for a long time now. They're rarely terrible and rarely great, just decent. But if we took everyones opinion here it would be a 3/10 everytime.

Most of the review sites have a bias that leans left and will mark the game with a higher score especially with a all female cast(just because woke). A 7/10 to me from Kotaku means 5/10.

My first shooter I ever played in elementary school was Wolf 3d. Return to Castle Wolf I played in league tournaments. The 2009 Wolf was garbo and I loved New Order. Colossus Sucked ass so I am passing on this until I hear reviews and props from friends and trustworthy sources.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Most of the review sites have a bias that leans left and will mark the game with a higher score especially with a all female cast(just because woke). A 7/10 to me from Kotaku means 5/10.

Yeah, Kotaku tends to add an Adversity Score.

Put about 3 hours into this game. Thoughts so far:

Pluses
-The graphics are nice, good art direction, lots of stuff to look at
-The protagonists are kind of hot
-BJ is in the game via cutscene here and there, and is still a badass (so it isn't like they removed him entirely or turned him into an old loser hobo on an island)

Minuses
-Soundtrack is sparse to the point of almost non-existent (no amazing Mick Gordon tracks like Doom and the other newer Wolfs, which was among the best things about them)
-The protagonists are very annoying
-The enemies are bullet sponges
-The game has some "SJW stuff", like the Resistance being literally 90% women now, which in normal years I'd let go but now it just feels weird and exclusionary

Cybsled

The bullet sponge thing I can kinda get (idea being that balanced for co-op, you want people to combine fire), but they definitely overtuned it for everything. Better balance would have been to keep trash enemies less bullet spongy and just buff the mini bosses/etc to require more coordination.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Except even Youtubers and some people here are saying its decent and the majority have the same complaints about gameplay. I could care less about Kotaku and just bringing a retarded website like Kotaku into the mix shows your own bias.

Last edited:

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Sounds right up Delly Delly and Utnayan Utnayan alley.

Typical FOH political retardation. I don't care about the political alignments of a game's story.

In the end I would rather them revive Enemy Territory than make games like Young Blood, but that doesn't make Young Blood complete trash.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Typical FOH political retardation. I don't care about the political alignments of a game's story.

In the end I would rather them revive Enemy Territory than make games like Young Blood, but that doesn't make Young Blood complete trash.

Now you sound like you have bias.

First off I was joking about kotaku and 2nd I was trying to show not all of the hate for Wolfenstein is their political garbage they jam packed into Colossus. The gameplay in the last game was absolute dogshit for a AAA game shooter. The HIT registry was off and the AI was bugged and lethargic.

It was utter shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

You are the worst kind of faggot. A product is slamming you in the face with political narratives and you get mad at anyone that comments on it.

Do you always think criticism of a game's story is invalid or does it only hurt your pussy when it's people complaining how fucking gay and diverse everything is?

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
You are the worst kind of faggot. A product is slamming you in the face with political narratives and you get mad at anyone that comments on it.

Do you always think criticism of a game's story is invalid or does it only hurt your pussy when it's people complaining how fucking gay and diverse everything is?

I think a ton of reviews are giving the game decent reviews, even outside the big reviewers(even a couple people here who have played it), and that some SJW undertones don't make the game a 3/10 instead of a 7/10.

Story criticism is fine. All criticism is fine. Are you a moron or something? I've never said anything about criticizing games. I said some SJW undertones in a game that has fairly little story already isn't an automatic trash game.

Who really is the faggot here? We're all crying about a mediocre game one way or another you retard.

• 1Faggotry