Wolfenstein - Youngblood:

Cybsled

Given how much certain posters on this forum REEE at even a hint at what they consider "SJW", not surprising to be called out on it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Given how much certain posters on this forum REEE at even a hint at what they consider "SJW", not surprising to be called out on it.

I mean no one gives a flying fuck if Last of Us has SJW stuff because it’s well written. Nothing feels hamfisted in. That is fine.

Btw I saw the new video you made.

1564250302650.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Regime, they revealed at quake con that factions will be rep based in FO76 during the human npc patch and private servers are on the way. Not the least bit tempted now?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
-The game has some "SJW stuff", like the Resistance being literally 90% women now, which in normal years I'd let go but now it just feels weird and exclusionary

Just off the top of my head... Maybe it is cause all the men folk went off to fight in the war or got rounded up for labor or some shit and all that is left for the resistance is the women folk.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime, they revealed at quake con that factions will be rep based in FO76 during the human npc patch and private servers are on the way. Not the least bit tempted now?

They did a hell of a job turning around ESO. As a lore junkie I was shocked at how well written and true they tried to keep some of the newer stuff especially Elsywer.

I bet even Utnayan Utnayan would like ESO now. It’s a great game..... fucking 5 years later wtf.

I’ll check out 76 if they actually about face and treat it right. I’m extremely dubious.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wait, so, what you're saying is, like, the video game Nazis are progressives?

Is it because they want to colonize other planets?
Advance technology and our understanding?

That kind of progressive?

Just to clear this up for you: he is implying modern day progressives are fascist Nazis, thus killing these Nazis is killing progressives.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just off the top of my head... Maybe it is cause all the men folk went off to fight in the war or got rounded up for labor or some shit and all that is left for the resistance is the women folk.

That could be it and they might have said as much somewhere when I wasn't paying attention. I'm just not into taking "Everyone Problems" and making them out to be "women problems", which is the vibe this game gives off. All of that said, it's barely even noticeable in the overall game if you aren't looking for it. It stands out but it has no bearing on much of anything gameplaywise. The rest of the game is mediocre on its own merits, but I don't dislike it. At like 50% of the main story and it's fun for what it is, a glorified DLC. Worth playing co-op, probably not worth playing single-player unless you're in dire need of more Wolfenstein and played all the others. Be warned, no couch co-op, only online (blerg).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the game. It turned out to be pretty bad, even as a fan of the series, and without even factoring in the politics or the obnoxious characters. Lots of glitches and SUPER redundant gameplay after the first few missions. Recommendation to avoid

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m not finding these Uber awesome reviews of this game however I am finding out it’s a dumpster fire lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Some of the best video reviews are coming out of this trainwreck.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m not finding these Uber awesome reviews of this game however I am finding out it’s a dumpster fire lol.

RPG level system with different damage types? What the fuck Machine Games. I can overlook the SJW silliness, but it looks like they've fucked up everything that made Wolfenstein: The New Order a great game. Even The Old Blood and New Colossus still had good gunplay. The stories and characters kept getting shittier but the core of the game was still ok. Now it sounds like they fucked that up too. The New Order had great gunplay, a compelling story and interesting characters. This sounds like a game with awful gunplay, a meaningless story and annoying characters.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
RPG level system with different damage types? What the fuck Machine Games. I can overlook the SJW silliness, but it looks like they've fucked up everything that made Wolfenstein: The New Order a great game. Even The Old Blood and New Colossus still had good gunplay. The stories and characters kept getting shittier but the core of the game was still ok. Now it sounds like they fucked that up too. The New Order had great gunplay, a compelling story and interesting characters. This sounds like a game with awful gunplay, a meaningless story and annoying characters.

I've been seeing this "RPG-like" leveling system popping up a lot lately in games that don't need it. Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey are both great games but they introduce a leveling mechanic that doesn't do much more than slow things WAY down (for example, later story missions being 5 levels higher than the previous one, forcing you to stop and do sidequests).

It took me about 35 hours to beat AC Origins the first time. The second time on new game plus, where I didn't need to stop and level up, it took 6 hours. Granted a lot of that is from being OP, but my point is that if these new AC games were like the old ones and didn't have levels shoehorned in, they'd take like 15 hours tops on a first run. I don't mind games being longer if it's legit content, but it looks more like padding when levels are nothing more than a rapidly-rising gate on progress.

RPGs are great, adding RPG mechanics to other games to slow them down...ehh.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've been seeing this "RPG-like" leveling system popping up a lot lately in games that don't need it. Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey are both great games but they introduce a leveling mechanic that doesn't do much more than slow things WAY down (for example, later story missions being 5 levels higher than the previous one, forcing you to stop and do sidequests).

It took me about 35 hours to beat AC Origins the first time. The second time on new game plus, where I didn't need to stop and level up, it took 6 hours. Granted a lot of that is from being OP, but my point is that if these new AC games were like the old ones and didn't have levels shoehorned in, they'd take like 15 hours tops on a first run. I don't mind games being longer if it's legit content, but it looks more like padding when levels are nothing more than a rapidly-rising gate on progress.

RPGs are great, adding RPG mechanics to other games to slow them down...ehh.

Well, for AC Origins and Odyssey that was by design so people would purchase the XP pack to get it so you could just run through story missions - and once the game was out a while, they added an option once the MT's ran dry. According to the steam page, Bethesda was likely trying to pull this same garbage but made a last minute change. Didn't stop the game from sucking ass regardless though.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, for AC Origins and Odyssey that was by design so people would purchase the XP pack to get it so you could just run through story missions - and once the game was out a while, they added an option once the MT's ran dry. According to the steam page, Bethesda was likely trying to pull this same garbage but made a last minute change. Didn't stop the game from sucking ass regardless though.
Upper Echelon Games thinks they're just waiting for the review cycle to die down so they can quietly turn on boosters for gold bars.The user reviews on Metacritic are in the toilet. There's so much wrong with this game I'll never even consider it as a sale purchase. I at least expected the gun-play and game-play overall to be decent. Machine Games went from a Day 1 buy to in game purchase shovel-ware in 5 years. Amazing.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You forgot to add the major difference between the two games.

This one sucks ass and Odyssey was great.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You forgot to add the major difference between the two games.

This one sucks ass and Odyssey was great.

Yeah true. :) But still I do not like that tactic. I still haven't finished Odyssey because I got burned out on all the side questing and wanted (After about 30 hours) to just follow the main story.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yep, and they were successful too. I think I bought the XP boost in both games out of necessity. The whole thing marred what were otherwise really good games. The devs can do their jobs right, but after that the games have to go through "fuck you give me money" corporate.

Edit: Oh, and in Origins/Odyssey it STILL takes forever to level up to finish the story even with the boosters. Somewhere around level 30 it grinds to a halt (IIRC you need about 39 to be able to scratch enemies in the last few missions). People who take the game slow and do everything won't have these issues, while people who just want to play the story and finish the damn thing are in for frustration.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep, and they were successful too. I think I bought the XP boost in both games out of necessity. The whole thing marred what were otherwise really good games. The devs can do their jobs right, but after that the games have to go through "fuck you give me money" corporate.

Yeah I stayed away from that and now they auto scale or something so you no longer have to worry about it. Will need to go finish it up now that I can plow through the main story line.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Holy shit they sell XP booster packs in single player games that aren't even actually RPGs now? For REAL money? lmao gamers truly are the most retarded consumer group to ever exist.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit they sell XP booster packs in single player games that aren't even actually RPGs now? For REAL money? lmao gamers truly are the most retarded consumer group to ever exist.

Tuco spent like 800 bucks on that middle earth game

• 1Worf