Wolfenstein - Youngblood:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Holy shit they sell XP booster packs in single player games that aren't even actually RPGs now? For REAL money? lmao gamers truly are the most retarded consumer group to ever exist.
The problem is that the people buying these things are a minority, but a minority that spends a shit ton of money, basically fucking over the masses.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tuco spent like 800 bucks on that middle earth game
Tuco Tuco
Image result for disgusted gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm up to 1200 bucks. It was worth every penny. I can't believe that game didn't win GotY.

But seriously, for those that didn't post in that thread, that game (Shadows of war) had the most poorly thought out loot purchases ever that did almost nothing to really help you. They could've offered some very specific RMT options that would be tempting for retards to buy, like something that would reroll certain orc stats. Instead it was like trying to sell a nirnroot to players in Skyrim for $5. It was a fantastic game though and I really hope some of its ideas carry on into the game space, shame it's commercial success was crippled by retards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They also reverted those changes after they bled the RMT dry. Same as Ubisoft. And hence, I think we are starting to see a new trend here. They are using RMT's for in game single player advancement (And purposely ham stringing the advancement process) and leveraging RMT's to get back to good.

For example, a game is balanced around a few side quests and main questing for nominal progression. They knock this down purposely by 35% to force players to go through ALL the content activities to complete the game (Which can definitely feel grindy as all get out) then come out with a 35% XP perm bonus for $10 to bring it back to what they had originally designed. (They definitely did this with Odyssey). After a certain time period, when RMT's have trended to the midway point of decline on a market trend, they patch back in that "bonus" they took away in the first place, or, they just straighten out levels and normalize the whole thing (Also what Odyssey did) months later.

What this means for me, is wait for any new Assassin's creed game I want to play to go on sale and patch out RMT XP bonuses usually after the 4th or 5th month it's been on the market.

With SoW, they did this same thing and then even made it a PR stunt. A year after the game came out.

“While purchasing Orcs in the Market is more immediate and provides additional player options, we have come to realize that providing this choice risked undermining the heart of our game, the Nemesis System,”

I'll translate that: "Thanks for paying us during that time period and we have now determined that since it isn't a cohesive revenue stream any longer, we will pull it and then message it out as if we actually care for the integrity of our game"

Meanwhile, Warner Brothers will do the same damn thing again next launch.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm so disappointed this game turned out like this. I loved the Wolfenstein reboots and had a ton of fun playing them. Plan for time off next week was to plough through this game but seeing the reviews and trailers I just have zero interest. The characters are just annoying as fuck to me (espically their retarded barks that seem to fire off every nano-second). What a shame.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm up to 1200 bucks. It was worth every penny. I can't believe that game didn't win GotY.

But seriously, for those that didn't post in that thread, that game (Shadows of war) had the most poorly thought out loot purchases ever that did almost nothing to really help you. They could've offered some very specific RMT options that would be tempting for retards to buy, like something that would reroll certain orc stats. Instead it was like trying to sell a nirnroot to players in Skyrim for $5. It was a fantastic game though and I really hope some of its ideas carry on into the game space, shame it's commercial success was crippled by retards.

How many hours of play did you get out of it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How many hours of play did you get out of it?
Maybe 150? Not sure. I played it right at release then went back and played it again late last year when they pushed a big content patch. It's not a perfect game but it has a lot of features that I think are fantastic (diverse combat mechanics, randomized content, siege warfare). In a lot of RPGs you can min/max and build a character that is so powerful in one aspect he can overpower everything with that, but this game scales well to the end where you need a varied character in order to tackle everything the game throws at you.

Was enjoyable the whole way through both times.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread seems worthy of derail at this point.

Middle Earth: Shadows of War was fucking awesome. I got it on sale when they rolled back all the RMT bullshit and the game was legit awesome. I got 31 hours out of it, for the purchase price of $10 and loved every minute.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm so disappointed this game turned out like this. I loved the Wolfenstein reboots and had a ton of fun playing them. Plan for time off next week was to plough through this game but seeing the reviews and trailers I just have zero interest. The characters are just annoying as fuck to me (espically their retarded barks that seem to fire off every nano-second). What a shame.

Get ready to want to play it even less:
-The final boss fight is super-difficult (way harder than the rest of the game) so it took me a bunch of tries. It's also a lengthy fight. The entire time the two protagonists bark out a script every 20-30 seconds or so where they're like "We're gonna kick your ass!" "That's right you fuck! Prepare to be destroyed!" ...like over and over again with their squeaky voices.
-The two protagonists refer to each other by male pronouns constantly (dude, bro, man) to the point that I think they might have been written as two guys originally and changed to female characters late in development. Which would make some sense at least because I've never seen actual women talk like this. Once in a while a "sis" makes it into the script, which must be from the rewrites.
-I mentioned how the Resistance is almost entirely made up of women now (aside from BJ who is missing). It's worse though: There's all of -one- male character in the resistance base, and he turns out to be evil. They never explain the lack of males that I know of, it just...is. When he turned evil I was actually shocked that they went that route. Even The Last Jedi has Finn and Poe as the token men in the Resistance.

Hopefully Wolfenstein III is a return to form with BJ kicking ass, considering it's likely going to be the last game in this new Wolfenstein saga. Still excited for that and Doom Eternal.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Which would make some sense at least because I've never seen actual women talk like this

I’ve had a decent amount of female friends who have referred to other female friends as dude. Maybe it’s a regional thing or maybe it’s because all my friends were nerds lol

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Maybe 150? Not sure. I played it right at release then went back and played it again late last year when they pushed a big content patch. It's not a perfect game but it has a lot of features that I think are fantastic (diverse combat mechanics, randomized content, siege warfare). In a lot of RPGs you can min/max and build a character that is so powerful in one aspect he can overpower everything with that, but this game scales well to the end where you need a varied character in order to tackle everything the game throws at you.

Was enjoyable the whole way through both times.

I loved the game too, but that's a pretty insane dollar to hours played ratio. Dropping that much into a MMO is pretty usual (done it myself) but I had no idea people did it for single player games as well.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I loved the game too, but that's a pretty insane dollar to hours played ratio. Dropping that much into a MMO is pretty usual (done it myself) but I had no idea people did it for single player games as well.

I must be around 800 hours of Skyrim. (modding help for sure)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What did they even accomplish, world wise? They killed two Nazi leaders in Paris? Hooray?

Cybsled

The game is basically a bridge between the wolf2 and the inevitable wolf3. The story is weak and the dialogue is moronic. However, it will play a role in wolf3 storywise.

The only real takeaways from the game story wise are:

1) The US is free from the Nazis now as of the 80s
2) BJ killed Hitler at some point after the events of wolf2. However, Hitler had some failsafe doomsday device that activated after his death that is fucking with the planet and will render it uninhabitable in the semi-near future
3) There is a rogue element in the Nazis who want to remake the Reich and survive the end of the world
4) That artifact you find in wolf2 that Seth doesn't know what it is, is figured out. It's a key to accessing alternate realities/dimensions. BJ had it sorta figured out. The girls bring him some notes from Seth that helps BJ figure out some missing elements from it, which ends up being their biggest contribution.
5) It is implied that the secret to saving the world might rest with accessing the power of the artifact

The girls basically stop/stall the 4th Reich stuff (maybe) and get told to handle Paris while all the adults go off to solve shit. The multiverse shit will probably be the biggest take away and could let them do crazy ass shit like a DOOM crossover lol

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He didn't actually spend that money, FYI. It was a running joke in the thread.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well done post mortem of latest Wolfenstein games:

• 2Like