World of Warcraft: Classic

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
can someone link the announcement, because I just can't find anything on the front page.
If you are talking about the sharding then it's just a blue post and all he really says is they don't want cross realm aand phasing is irrelevant since it's tied to quests and that they think they need sharding to balance population spikes in zones.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If they only have it in the starting area for the first few days I don't see an issue. If you run into situations with servers having multiple Kazzak/Azuregos spawns, redundant black lotus spawns, etc then that would be no bueno. Although it will be interesting to see whether the servers have caps similar to vanilla (2500ish) or higher, and what kind of impact that will have on open world resource farming.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When BFA first launched the very first area I ended up in was a glorious crazy mob of people. After moving out of that one specific area the world went back to feeling mostly empty where you push a button to be automatically put with people to do a thing rather than any of it happening organically. I don't want to see that in Classic even if the population is immense.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yo A Arazielscousin our first Rag kill, why you dead bro?
ragdown2.jpg

Not sure if this is the bugged first kill where the adds didn't spawn, or the legit one, lol

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They confirmed progressive content gating at the Blizzcon panel, so at launch we will have MC/Ony/Azuregos/Kazzak/DM, and battlegrounds and honor system won't be added until BWL/ZG. Still possible to be changed but that's where they are right now. 16 debuff limit confirmed. Other shit too, look here: MMO-Champion - Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic Panel Recap

Are they actually going to reimplement the fucking terrible honor system where no amount of honor could advance you into the next level if all spots of that level were already taken by even bigger poopsockers?

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Are they actually going to reimplement the fucking terrible honor system where no amount of honor could advance you into the next level if all spots of that level were already taken by even bigger poopsockers?
It does sound like they are planning on doing the vanilla honor system, yeah. Have fun competing against your own faction!

If it really is not implemented until the same time as BWL/ZG though, I won't be even slightly tempted to push for PvP ranks so thats good. Bloodvine plus assorted MC/BWL stuff is better than the buffed epic PvP sets and there's no way I'd push for r14 in any scenario so those are a non factor. Maybe use 2 pieces of the blue set for a bit as a warlock since the set bonus of 23 spell damage is pretty good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Glad to see they're keeping tier 0.5 shit with AQ, that's going to be useful again.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It does sound like they are planning on doing the vanilla honor system, yeah. Have fun competing against your own faction!

well it's not like every other aspect of the game wasn't about competing vs other guilds of your faction. The fact you couldn't communicate with the other side meant that inter faction rivalry was a bigger deal than cross faction

Hence training this guild when they tried to do a world boss

biscuithead.jpg

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If they only have it in the starting area for the first few days I don't see an issue. If you run into situations with servers having multiple Kazzak/Azuregos spawns, redundant black lotus spawns, etc then that would be no bueno.
Now, imagine sharding vs The Opening of the Gates...

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It's gonna be tough, if we end up with servers that have 10x the pop of true classic servers which is likely at the start they need to make herbs and resources easier to get. And I even think they need to make open world bosses easier to do or instanced, fuck eq has instanced all of that now because of how toxic a 'classic' server made up of all end game players is on that content.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It's gonna be tough, if we end up with servers that have 10x the pop of true classic servers which is likely at the start they need to make herbs and resources easier to get. And I even think they need to make open world bosses easier to do or instanced, fuck eq has instanced all of that now because of how toxic a 'classic' server made up of all end game players is on that content.
Open world bosses in vanilla lead to some pretty harsh events too

• 1Solidarity

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I may be wrong but wasnt eq mostly people glitching a boss or training illegally on their classic server?
Where as wow would be mostly faction vs faction pvp

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I may be wrong but wasnt eq mostly people glitching a boss or training illegally on their classic server?

Everquest has had a few different "eras" of classic servers over the last ten years or so and yes, at least a couple of them were a mess for at least some part of their life cycle.

They've been fairly grounded for a while now though. Most of the real bullocks has been weeded out.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Not really, it's more that you get these servers where the pop limit is 10x what the original was and everyone wants to raid you end up with 10-20 guilds fighting over these mobs where the true classic experience was that maybe 3-4 did.

The wow open world won't be quite as bad since so much is instanced and with 1.12 talents the resist gear from open world won't even matter. Trying to remember how kazzak and azuregos even had that was BIS, azuregos was for hunter epic I think so that might be contested a ton.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Remembering leveling a lock to 20 just so you could park it at a world spawn area to do summons