World of Warcraft: Classic

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it's a bit deeper than that.

You only get placed on sharts that share your gameplay choice. So you will end up on 'PVP STV' when it is sharted. Effectively it's like having a dynamic selection you could do now with tedious LFG shenanigans only easy and user friendly.
did you deliberately use the word for shit fart instead of shard?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It won't be true Classic if they don't bring back the toughest boss fight in the game:
mcF3FcX.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be most likely playing this, depends how close it will be to the real thing.
Bugfixes and minor tweaks (debuff limit being the obvious one) are welcome, and I really hope none of the modern bull (MT, boxes, any crap from mobile gaming) leaks in. You never know with Activision...
And I certainly wouldn't want to see the servers poluted with gamers from other titles because they are given 'incentive' to try it out and contribute to farming clusterfuck, and their I don't give a shit I just want a rainbow farting unicorn in <game_title> attitude.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be most likely playing this, depends how close it will be to the real thing.
Bugfixes and minor tweaks (debuff limit being the obvious one) are welcome, and I really hope none of the modern bull (MT, boxes, any crap from mobile gaming) leaks in. You never know with Activision...
And I certainly wouldn't want to see the servers poluted with gamers from other titles because they are given 'incentive' to try it out and contribute to farming clusterfuck, and their I don't give a shit I just want a rainbow farting unicorn in <game_title> attitude.

Wut

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Classic Servers
Q: When did you decide that there was enough support to go ahead with classic WoW servers?
A: Internally it has always been a huge discussion. Obviously there is a lot of external desire as well. It's just a monumental task and so it's a matter of setting it up right.

Q: Will classic servers and the current game be bundled together? Are they using the same client and under your normal subscription?
A: These are fantastic questions that haven't been answered internally yet. Development is still super early and a lot of work needs to be done.

Q: Vanilla had a lot of mechanics/issues that might not be fun anymore. Are there any specific issues or mechanics you are looking at addressing in classic servers?
A: Team wants to keep the experience as close to Vanilla as possible, but it is also too early to answer.

Q: What thoughts/considerations have been taken into account for patching of the classic servers? Vanilla forever or slow expansion relaunches?
A: Another great question that has yet to be decided!

MMO-Champion - Blizzcon 2017 - Steve Burke Interview - World of Warcraft

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Give me back broken Windfury on my 2h shaman and I'm in. One shotting a 60 priest at like 45 was the best feeling, even if it was fucking broken

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mained a druid from vanillla til mid MOP or so

time to break out the classics

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Remember juuust before TBC they put out the TBC talent trees on vanilla? Mage Arcane bolt for two weeks in pvp was hilariously gross

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why was there a 4k player queue in 2014 on any server?

It was like when login servers were up but auth servers were down or something so you couldn't get in even though your client thought you were connected. It happened a ton back then.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I played a mage and loved Arathi Basin. Some of the best times in WoW for me were after I got Talisman of Ephemeral Power and Zandalari Blood God heart or whatever.. Double trinkets + AP + POM + Pyro on one buttion. I one-shot 3 people with that button. Got nerfed shortly after I got it, was a bit late to killing final boss of ZG.

Edit: Saved DKP for weeks waiting for ToEP to drop. No way someone else in my guild was gonna get it before I did.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
WSG games lasting for an hour because a well geared priest/druid combo you ain't ever getting that flag back ohh the joys of Vanilia

• 1Barf

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The biggest question is whether it will be just vanilla forever, or if there will be some progression going on, otherwise there is no point in launching anything but 1.13 straight out of the gate. UI changes should be already in.

• 1Like

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just hope they can handle the initial tourist load without making a bunch of servers and splitting up the population. A game like this needs a pretty big server community to keep going.

I wish we had more details about how it's going to work. I'm in favor of no alterations to the game what so ever. I assume we are playing Horde?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should throw in a few quests that make fun of how it used to be. Have a quest NPC that is stuck in the loot position as it moves around complaining about how he can never pick anything up due to a bad back, as an example.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's still early so we don't know what they plan to do.

Will it require a seperate subscription fee?
What version of release will it be?
Will achievements/transmog/titles transfer over to your main account?
Will there be expansions on this server or possible other servers?

I am sure the list can go on and on. If you looked at the interviews they were really vague about it and gave many TBD answers. They might not even know internally what they want yet. Since you can get the impression from some of the Dev's that they really want you playing what they are currently designing and are a little butt hurt not everyone wants what they are shoveling.

Really what will determine the future of it will be how many people play it and for how long. Honestly I think they can use it to help keep interest in that lull period between expansions.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Classic server won't keep that interest though.. They need progression servers that start up every year or two with varying unlock times for expansions. I mean really look at EQ and all the people storming back to prog servers to relive the glory days (myself included), take that and apply it to the exponentially larger original WoW population and you've got a cash cow.

The problem is it NEEDS to be progression though if you want to keep people interested, no one actually wants to play for 6months or whatever completely cap out their character and then have nothing to do.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users