ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
uV5Uf7k.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Assumedly the game will drop with only MC/Onyxia and some form of unlock gets you the rest. I know emus often went naxx out the gate (and maybe they will) but it's an idiotic move if you are trying to string along the TLP crowd's subs.

EQ has done a half dozen of these now and not one has launched with expansion zones at the outset, despite those being meaningful (eg paludal for initial level grind). I can't see Blizzard NOT gating raid tiers, since a bundled launch would only decrease the time till burnout (and unsub).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Even if you released it with all raids unlocked (minus AQ, 'cuz why not also include a gate opening), you still need 40 fags attuned to each instance and that takes fuckin' forever. Depends if they make UBRS 5 or 10 or 15 man, could significantly halter progress to accessing Onyxia, and further, Nefarian. Then Naxx attunement wasn't fun, either.

I'm also curious if they'll include the speed run stuff that they added for Stratholme very late vanilla.

And druid quests for forms.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
15 man? F that we would take 40 in and blitz the hell out of it to attune people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Classic server won't keep that interest though... The problem is it NEEDS to be progression though if you want to keep people interested, no one actually wants to play for 6months or whatever completely cap out their character and then have nothing to do.

You could make the same argument about the past X expansions, haha.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
15 man? F that we would take 40 in and blitz the hell out of it to attune people.

That was when you could still run 40 through UBRS (and Strat, which was awesome). However, only one blood (quest item) dropped from Drakkisath at a time. But you could run the instance over and over and over. For BWL, you killed the guy outside the shortcut for the letter, and then you could be summoned to the end of UBRS to click the orb.

I definitely don't miss the runs through BRD before they added the MC shortcut/attunement.

I don't even remember the Naxx attunement, I think I was like one out of three folks in my old guild who had gotten it, though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ohhh, yeah, Naxxramas had a gold requirement if your reputation sucked, which of course it did because reputation gains in vanilla were abysmal.

Instance attunement (original)

Description: Allows entry to Naxxramas (Naxx).
Found: Speak with Archmage Angela Dosantos in the chapel at Light's Hope Chapel. Depending on your reputation with the Argent Dawn, the attunement will require you to turn in different numbers of items, or none at all if you are Exalted with the Argent Dawn.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Our raid leader pretty much required everyone to be Revered or higher before the patch drop so we could jump into Naxx the night it opened.

I would play again just to make the right choice of playing a warrior instead of being a warriors pvp heal bitch.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
If you had done all the scholo/Strath quests along with the plaugeland quests I'm pretty sure it put you close then you just needed to grind scourgestones. I don't think we had fuck all else to do at that point since we would clear aq40 in one night and the rest of the time was BWL/MC alt runs.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't even remember a naxx attunement so I don't think it was a big deal

Yeah, like I mentioned, I didn't remember what it entailed so it must not have been challenging -- what was challenging was getting anyone other than me to fuckin' get it done. We had like 5 folks get it, then a mass exodus of players during the invasion sequence that was going on in Eastern Plagues.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Best one I just remembered was taking a shit ton of people into Stratholme etc. and because you was in a raid you couldn't complete the dungeon quests so you dropped raid, clicked on the item, got an invite back. I always thought that it was odd they had raid quests that you couldn't complete in a raid only to find out that you shouldn't be in a raid group doing this content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Best one I just remembered was taking a shit ton of people into Stratholme etc. and because you was in a raid you couldn't complete the dungeon quests so you dropped raid, clicked on the item, got an invite back. I always thought that it was odd they had raid quests that you couldn't complete in a raid only to find out that you shouldn't be in a raid group doing this content.

Except the part where it would have been fuckin' impossible to five man, even better.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Diablo 4 is pretty much guaranteed to be an MMO at this point, from their hiring posts.

Probably comes out after the "final" WoW expansion, whenever we beat the void lords or whatever. So that players can transition from WoW to World of Diablo4craft.

I'm ok with this