World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
dang I got a 905 hast/mastery neck in mine and I was pretty satisfied with that for prot since this game thinks I main prot :c

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
To hell with your good cache rewards and legendaries. The rogue class pet is a parrot that sits on your shoulder if you /whistle at it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I have flying, i beat the game. Yay.

But now I'll go get that mount too.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of mounts, Discord channel figured out how to get the Riddler's Mind-Worm mount. It involves clicking random pages found in very obscure corners of the world (Dalaran, Duskwood, Firelands, Uldum, Siege of Orgrimmar, Kun-Lai Summit, Uldum again, and Westfall). There are several guides already popping up, and MMO-Champion is updated with the information, it's a nice mount in my opinion, and only takes about an hour of work.

I spent a few hours in the actual Discord channel trying to figure it out with them, it was pretty funny seeing so many people throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks, but it's kinda scary how fast a few million people can find something even when it's like 10x10 pixels hidden in a hundred square miles..

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Cool, had meant to look that up, I'm running around clicking orbs now and saw someone on that funky looking mount.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Class hall stuff was ok but why the fuck was it time gated 2 weeks?

I know the answer is 99% "because ToS won't be ready for another 10 weeks and we need to stretch this content" but some of the changes to the broken shore that result from the class hall quests wouldn't be as impactful if they'd been released the first week.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm torn on whether I like the week-to-week time gating they've done since WoD. On the one hand, I like that they're telling more meaningful stories and not just random dailies; on the other hand, it's hard to overlook the fact that it's a subscription based game and this is clearly aimed at increasing retention numbers between major patches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Time-gated content annoys the absolute shit outta me. Might as well just unsubscribe and wait for it to all be released. On the other hand, maybe you can retain people by spreading it, but time-gating makes it feel even more chore-like.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
On the other hand, maybe you can retain people by spreading it

This is the entire purpose.
Add to the fact that technically there's not LONG content droughts anymore, there's new quests weekly! (although even without these new quests and whatnot, the content droughts still wouldn't be as long as SoO or WoD)

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Speaking of mounts, Discord channel figured out how to get the Riddler's Mind-Worm mount. It involves clicking random pages found in very obscure corners of the world (Dalaran, Duskwood, Firelands, Uldum, Siege of Orgrimmar, Kun-Lai Summit, Uldum again, and Westfall). There are several guides already popping up, and MMO-Champion is updated with the information, it's a nice mount in my opinion, and only takes about an hour of work.

I just got this and yea it's obviously easy with a guide out now on where all the points are.

Riddler's Mind-Worm

The spot in Kun-Lai at the tiger statue is getting griefed to shit right now by hundreds of people standing on the spot with their huge mounts etc but Draenic Invisibility Potion makes all nearby players disappear if you're having problems looting any of the spots.

• 1Like