World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tbc is really where it will show up. All they did was convert up through panda land to linear instead of an exponential. I bet this was a fairly easy change if they kept their tools up to date.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I'm completely happy with them deflating stats. I was honestly getting worried we were starting on the path to EQ level shit where your bracers had +50000000 to 45 different stats with 19 equip effects and 4 click effects.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I'm completely happy with them deflating stats. I was honestly getting worried we were starting on the path to EQ level shit where your bracers had +50000000 to 45 different stats with 19 equip effects and 4 click effects.
This

It looks like we are going back to WotLK numbers which are fine by me.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But I liked million-damage kicks under Rune of Re-Origination
frown.png

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I had to look a new item up.
Ring of Revenge

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
Slot: FINGER
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 145
STR: +23+12 DEX: +30+17 STA: +26+14 CHA: +23+12 WIS: +20+12 INT: +20+12 AGI: +27+15 HP: +3438 MANA: +3174 ENDUR: +3306
SV FIRE: +60 SV DISEASE: +60 SV COLD: +60 SV MAGIC: +60 SV POISON: +60
Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +35 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +40 Spell Damage: +28 Damage Shield Mitigation: +3 Heal Amount: +28
Required level of 100.
Effect: Form of Defense XVIII (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 0.5)
Effect: Revenge (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
Focus: Grace of Shulriya
WT: 0.4 Size: TINY
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD ROG BST BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)
Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)
Haha. What the fuck.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking "Dam wow is going to have some crazy shit", then i saw BRD and realized EQ!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well lets not forget here, this is what? EQs 20th expansion or some shit? Were on wows 4th and were nearing those types of numbers. Why dont you compare EQs 4th expansion with WoWs 4th.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Well lets not forget here, this is what? EQs 20th expansion or some shit? Were on wows 4th and were nearing those types of numbers. Why dont you compare EQs 4th expansion with WoWs 4th.
Considering sony puts out like two expansions a year I don't think that's fair.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How many expansions did EQ get in 9 or 10 years? Maybe compare by timeframe instead of simple number. (I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its not sonys fault that blizzard releases shit every 3 yrs. Sonys crap might be 1/2 done but at least you dont have to wait 6-8 months with nothing to do. Just saying, I dont play EQ anymore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not sonys fault that blizzard releases shit every 3 yrs. Sonys crap might be 1/2 done but at least you dont have to wait 6-8 months with nothing to do. Just saying, I dont play EQ anymore.
The man has a point... on top of the fact that the older stuff wasn't immediately turned pointless from the first quest reward you receive in the new expansion.
smile.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The biggest difference between the two that I can see is that EQ added new kinds of stats with every expansion, whereas WoW is actually removing stats from items (expertise, etc.). I can't be bothered to do the comparison, but I bet if you compare WoD's items with items from EQ's fifth expansion you'll see that the items from EQ have a larger variety of stats on them, even if the actual numbers are smaller.

I don't really care so much about big numbers, but I hate having a laundry list of effects on an item.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
The man has a point... on top of the fact that the older stuff wasn't immediately turned pointless from the first quest reward you receive in the new expansion.
smile.png
I didn't start getting rid of my Dragon Soul heroic gear until Townlong Steppes.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
SUPPOSEDLY the squish is only when you zone in to WoD. When you're out and about you should still have a gazillion HP. That's what I remember from Blizzcon.
Nope. One of the thing they remember from the days of the Icecrown buff was that, when people got uberstats (due to buff), and then left and their stats deflated, they were unhappy. That's why progressive nerfs now deflate the bosses rather than inflate the players.

Doing that for an entire expansion? Not going to happen.
The biggest difference between the two that I can see is that EQ added new kinds of stats with every expansion, whereas WoW is actually removing stats from items (expertise, etc.).
Well, actually, they're removing three or four stats, and adding half a dozen "rare stats" instead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, unlike WoW, you don't get intermediate content patches; the expansion is pretty much all there is until the next.
Mainly because they didn't chop it up to turn into pieces they could release/unlock over time and they really didn't need to , with almost 2 expansions per year.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Some people are happy with a few dollar menu burgers throughout the day, some are willing to wait until tonight for steak. To each his own.

Also gear like that EQ example up there would be funny as shit as a drop in WoW. Shit some gear now I have to think if a drop is an upgrade, lets get that shit going so we can do complex math for 30 minutes after every downed boss before I click "need".