World of Warcraft: Current Year

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm passing on this one, and a big part of why is the stupid early access for buying the super epic edition setup. What a money grab. Tolerable maybe in a single player game, but an MMO? /pass

Chris

Potato del Grande

None of this gets me hyped for the games expansion. It's like they are really proud of their work and progress with the game while Im just apathetic about it. Its really great that theyre adding so many things that should have been in, as they say, 20 years ago like War Bands. But those features shouldnt define the fucking expansion.

I havent played in quite a while, but I just cant get over the fact that they are pumped about changes or features that they add to the game, that for what its worth.. dont really add anything to the actual game itself. Thats great that I have a search bar on every system within the game. Thats great that my spell book is all on one page now, instead of having to flip through multiple pages. Thats great that the group and raid features have been revamped for QOL. Fuck, they've been doing this schtick since BFA now that I think about it.

... But that shit should be like a "Oh and by the way" section at the end of the video that just spent the last 10 minutes talking about bringing back Class Halls with individual stories for each class like Legion. Delves? I call fucking bullshit that they'll be as interesting as they are pumping them up to be. I've watched a few of the hardest ones, and its a single moms wet dream to my snooze fest. Class Masteries? Oh, you mean you added another set of spells to earn? Ok.. super interesting there. I'm sure that was a ton of work. All the classes are balanced now, right?

Then, they talk about PVP rewards. I'm sure theyre not even talking to us straight about the real reason they took them off the weekly chest. But to sit there and say how unfair it is in PVP that a person may get a weapon one week, while someone else doesnt? Well motherfucker, how do you think I feel when Im raiding and you put weapons on the first boss that a mythic raid can pug, but you stick my preferred classes weapon on the next to last boss - typically just as hard or harder than the final boss. Fucking arrogant out of touch fucking answer.

But really. Im just sick and tired of the developers lacking any kind of awareness about the type of content the player's want. Meanwhile spending 100's of man hours on shit that hasnt mattered to me since I first started playing the game in 2004. If I do end up buying the expansion, I cant wait to see how they neutered the Nesingwary quests, if theyre even at all included in the expansion, but do the 15th iteration of picking up some type of Animal Shit to collect.

You are right, the stuff sounds good but it's all a little too late?

I could see myself giving the game another go because of warbands... but you need to get to lv80 for most of these systems to be useable right? It should have been in at Shadowlands launch as part of the reset of the game.

I also hate how they say things like "Oh we discovered that PvP players didn't like random weekly rewards" when they have pretended it's not an issue for years. I don't know if it's ego or they withhold easy fixes to sell as expansion features.

Burns

You are right, the stuff sounds good but it's all a little too late?

I could see myself giving the game another go because of warbands... but you need to get to lv80 for most of these systems to be useable right? It should have been in at Shadowlands launch as part of the reset of the game.

I also hate how they say things like "Oh we discovered that PvP players didn't like random weekly rewards" when they have pretended it's not an issue for years. I don't know if it's ego or they withhold easy fixes to sell as expansion features.
From what I remember PvP rewards have mostly been fixed price and rank dependent, even vanilla had ranks where the higher you went the fewer people were allowed to earn that rank, culminating in 1 per server per faction per week for High Warlord/Grand Marshal. I think they made it semi-random with expensive fixed prices in Shadowlands. Not sure which xpacs it was totally random (if ever) and at the same time made pvp gear actually mater.

So much time waisted on PvP in the PvE themepark.

The Warband is mostly just shared rep, some equipment from dungeons, and easier Xmogs farming across all characters on an account. Most "features" of it should be available at any level.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From what I remember PvP rewards have mostly been fixed price and rank dependent, even vanilla had ranks where the higher you went the fewer people were allowed to earn that rank, culminating in 1 per server per faction per week for High Warlord/Grand Marshal. I think they made it semi-random with expensive fixed prices in Shadowlands. Not sure if it was ever totally random, but they probably did it at least once. So much time waisted on PvP in the PvE themepark it's a bit silly all around.

The Warband is mostly just shared rep, some equipment from dungeons, and easier Xmogs farming across all characters on an account. Most "features" of it should be available at any level.
What do you mean by that? Can you just go into any old raid on your plate character, pick up the class chain set and send it to a character that can use it for the X-mog now? (or with War Band)

Burns

What do you mean by that? Can you just go into any old raid on your plate character, pick up the class chain set and send it to a character that can use it for the X-mog now? (or with War Band)
I only logged on for the free weekend so not tested it myself, but I believe if you loot the item, you unlock the xmog no mater what you wear vs what it is, full stop. No need to send it to an alt.

Supposedly they also added a loot roll level for Xmog that goes after need but before DE (not sure where it lines up with greed rolls). It may (probably) only allows you to roll xmog if you don't have the xmog, so it could get priority over greed too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm passing on this one, and a big part of why is the stupid early access for buying the super epic edition setup. What a money grab. Tolerable maybe in a single player game, but an MMO? /pass
It doesn't matter because you can't do any actual content early.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>

That's not accurate at all, the only thing you can't head start on is end game stuff / Mythic dungeons, etc. You can explore the new zones, do all that content, and get to level cap before the poors play on Tuesday.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's not accurate at all, the only thing you can't head start on is end game stuff / Mythic dungeons, etc. You can explore the new zones, do all that content, and get to level cap before the poors play on Tuesday.
Yes so all the actual content you can't do early.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Burns

Yes so all the actual content you can't do early.
Exploit early, exploit often! Wish I had a free OwnedCore sub, just to laugh at the stupid shit Blizzard QA missed.

They seem to always make a few mistakes where getting to cap ASAP maters for raiding... but it only really "maters" for bleeding edge raiders going for world firsts.

For example, the best weapon you could get on week 1 raid of Dargonfight was from a rep grind that had you going around opening boxes for hours on end. The boxes were like ore/herb nodes, in that you could get fucked over if you were put in a max cap shard. A few days could make a difference for a lot of people.

That said, fuck that early access bullshit.

• 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That's where I'm at. Still looking for reasons to buy like most people. A guild call to arms finally went out a few days ago-- but a few officers got straight up stiff-armed by core raid members, and told they'll only play if someone buys them the expansion pack (in other words, a "fuck you, not interested").

Each day that passes I get closer to the FOMO cutoff, but I don't find myself any closer to buying than the day before.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Part of games like this is the online community around it playing at the same time, monetising that kills it for me. How much is it actually?

I did play Diablo 4 a week late and I think it would have been more fun if I was in the early access.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How many people are still playing this 20 year old game?

• 1Pathetic

Juvarisx

Florida

Better then that even, you can pick it up on your main and it automatically adds it to transmog for all your characters, regardless of item type.

Anyways between Remix and the Prepatch event you have two ways to level a character to cap in about 3 hours. 60-70 in the event takes an hour at most. I dunno I am not hating the game atm *shrug*

• 2Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well outside of messing around w/ AOC alpha/beta for the next 18+ months waiting I think I need to pick up a MMO to start getting the old skills back to peak performance.

FFXIV probably isn't the answer since i'd want to play around with my wife abit which means i couldn't really progress much without her since its so story driven. Is my best actual option still WOW lol....

If i were to play again is there "new" server gimicks like TLP or whatever? Or do i just jump into live and try and learn shit? Havent played WoW at any focused or competitive level since shit back in Uldaar days maybe lol. Hate questing and bullshit but do enjoy challenging raids and probably spend most my time wanting to pvp to retrain my fingers since most games i've been playing for last decade are 6-10 buttons max.

Probably would do characters, mage and a healer. Any clear winner's as far as healers? (used to rock a restro shaman back in the day that I loved).

Juvarisx

Florida
Well outside of messing around w/ AOC alpha/beta for the next 18+ months waiting I think I need to pick up a MMO to start getting the old skills back to peak performance.

FFXIV probably isn't the answer since i'd want to play around with my wife abit which means i couldn't really progress much without her since its so story driven. Is my best actual option still WOW lol....

If i were to play again is there "new" server gimicks like TLP or whatever? Or do i just jump into live and try and learn shit? Havent played WoW at any focused or competitive level since shit back in Uldaar days maybe lol. Hate questing and bullshit but do enjoy challenging raids and probably spend most my time wanting to pvp to retrain my fingers since most games i've been playing for last decade are 6-10 buttons max.

Probably would do characters, mage and a healer. Any clear winner's as far as healers? (used to rock a restro shaman back in the day that I loved).

If you are not interested in Season of Discovery, they will probably show the next server off whenever BlizzCon is.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
MoP remix just ended right? I wonder what the stats looked like on the most sweaty cloak lol. I kept up for a while, and the raids were hilariously quick even after just 2 weeks.

Juvarisx

Florida
MoP remix just ended right? I wonder what the stats looked like on the most sweaty cloak lol. I kept up for a while, and the raids were hilariously quick even after just 2 weeks.

I saw someone with over 10 million HP while doing a heroic lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Just play retail and start a fresh character IMO. You can do chromie time and pick whatever expansion you want to level in to 70.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Remix is still going for another two days. If you have the time to veg out this weekend it’s still probably the fastest 0-70 and your converted character will be at a good ilvl for the expansion.
You can also run the prepatch event which is still really fast leveling and you’ll end up with slightly higher gear level.