World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
First zone was a snore fest. Judging by the Metzen interview you can tell this expac was going to be a complete loser. Remains to be seen if it can be rescued story wise but I'm not hopeful for the launch content.

The pacing was terrible for the opening act and the whole earthen reveal felt kind of off. That and they all sound like they're Canadians trying to talk like a robot. It's just not very compelling and kind of insulting to lose
Dalaran
in the first 15 minutes. If just felt like it was purposefully disrespectful to a fairly loved expansion out of spite. I realize they probably meant it to be "serious consequences" to play up xalatath but it didn't come off that way.

At least the servers have been fairly compliant so far.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have to admit, this video is kind of giving me the itch. That or Asmond's Lifestyle now infects you with lice via watching his videos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
First zone was a snore fest. Judging by the Metzen interview you can tell this expac was going to be a complete loser. Remains to be seen if it can be rescued story wise but I'm not hopeful for the launch content.

The pacing was terrible for the opening act and the whole earthen reveal felt kind of off. That and they all sound like they're Canadians trying to talk like a robot. It's just not very compelling and kind of insulting to lose
Dalaran
in the first 15 minutes. If just felt like it was purposefully disrespectful to a fairly loved expansion out of spite. I realize they probably meant it to be "serious consequences" to play up xalatath but it didn't come off that way.

Eh guy you are thinking of is not dead, he will be saved or a raid boss later.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have to admit, this video is kind of giving me the itch. That or Asmond's Lifestyle now infects you with lice via watching his videos.

I'm feeling more hyped knowing War Within is part of a bigger grand design to bring back the old storytelling.

Some good stuff in this interview.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Shrug I’m having fun. Surface zone is definitely a snoozer but the rest of them are really nice. I think the voice work is a big step up from dragonflight although that isn’t saying much.

The market is nuts right now. Tier 1 cloth ~75g each.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fucked around in the pre-launch stuff to get my heirloom ring. Pretty decent grind stuff if that's your thing. Logged int my remix hunter. That was a disappointing moment. Went from an all powerful god to... 467 junk.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know how well this overarching story about teaching autistic dwarves social skills is going to go over with WoW's target demographic of autistic dwarves who need to learn social skills

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fucked around in the pre-launch stuff to get my heirloom ring. Pretty decent grind stuff if that's your thing. Logged int my remix hunter. That was a disappointing moment. Went from an all powerful god to... 467 junk.
Going back to normal DK movement speed is tragic

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Going back to normal DK movement speed is tragic

Normal DK movement speed? *laughs in rider of the apocalypse* Seriously DKs are now the fastest class in game (dps specs anyway).

Also, delves have been decent so far. I think they're a bit short though. I wanted more BRD style, where maybe you have delves into one 'dungeon' doing different stuff with tons of nooks and crannies. Instead we got scenarios part 4 (5?). I've only done the ones on the initial zone though so we'll see.

I do like the machine speakers they're basically tech priests. I already know that
the high speaker who is the best character so far lol will be killed off and this dumb broad will take his place because muh feels girlboss

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just started dipping my toe in the MSQ. I am probably going to be in MMO heroin fiend mode for a few weeks now. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Having a lot of fun so far , much better then DF for me

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I really like the dwarf setting. IDK sue me. Much better than DF in that regard.

Also lmao I think they bugged rider of the apoc on frost because its now summoning all 4 horsemen on pillar as well, which when running icecap means you basically have like 70% uptime on all 4 riders for most encounters which is busted.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I truly dislike the design of the Earthen capital. While I'm sure I can learn where things are in time it's lack of visual distinction between sections makes it hard to navigate by landmarks: "The tailoring station was on the stone terrace near the very blocky grey building...which literally describes everywhere in this burg"

I've not seen a capital design yet that holds a candle to Dalaran. It was immediately intuitive and you could pick out visually distinct buildings and signs. It's not a coincidence that it was used in not one but two of the best expansions to date.

Delves are indeed a blast and I'm looking forward to doing more of that. I'm less excited about the Talents now that I see what they are.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hero talents are definitely dependent on class IMO.

I am pretty negative on the 'being underground' the entire expac right now. I don't mind zones or content areas, but this morning I had a sort of flash of awareness thinking about down the road and being underground the entire time is going to be grating. Same with underwater, I love those zones or whatever, but years would be too much.

I'm surprised how much I don't mind the earthen, though voice acting is really hit or miss. I thought I was going to hate them but honestly they just seem like uberdwarves right now which is at least based in classic western mythos. They just need to add Rheingold.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The one armed black chick has some of the worst, non-fitting voice acting I've ever seen. The 3rd zone is really nice however. Having fun, my WW monk talents are very meh compared to Ret hammer of pwn.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The one armed black chick has some of the worst, non-fitting voice acting I've ever seen. The 3rd zone is really nice however. Having fun, my WW monk talents are very meh compared to Ret hammer of pwn.
I have a feeling that a ton of gay shit got cut by Metzen because there's some stuff that's suspiciously pedestrian. There's a few areas they probably couldn't redo easily or fix to something better in time.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Dalaran

It happened in WC2 and WC3, I'm sure it will be back for the finale.